Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

I still have no idea what this is, some internet drama? Don't give a monkey's.

Gamergate is a controversy regarding sexism in video game culture. It garnered significant public attention after August 2014 when several women within the video game industry, primarily game developers Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu and feminist cultural critic Anita Sarkeesian, were subjected to a sustained campaign of misogynistic attacks. These attacks, initially performed under the Twitter hashtag #gamergate, were later variously coordinated in the online forums of Reddit, 4chan, and 8chan in an anonymous and amorphous movement. The harassment included doxing, threats of rape, and death threats, including a threat of a mass shooting at a university speaking event.

I guess their affair started the day after he posted that article. That's not odd at all. Not suspicious in anyway, nope. No conflict of interests there. :rolleyes:

It was proven that the affair started sometime after a singular article was posted by the journo. That doesn't cause a conflict of interest.

Nor does it justify Eron coaching GGers in how to best target and harass Quinn nor does it justify doxxing, hacking and death threats.

Apparently you're having a problem with that concept.

• Like 3

I still have no idea what this is, some internet drama? Don't give a monkey's.

Gamergate is a controversy regarding sexism in video game culture. It garnered significant public attention after August 2014 when several women within the video game industry, primarily game developers Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu and feminist cultural critic Anita Sarkeesian, were subjected to a sustained campaign of misogynistic attacks. These attacks, initially performed under the Twitter hashtag #gamergate, were later variously coordinated in the online forums of Reddit, 4chan, and 8chan in an anonymous and amorphous movement. The harassment included doxing, threats of rape, and death threats, including a threat of a mass shooting at a university speaking event.

It is okay. I wasn't actually asking.

• Like 2

I guess their affair started the day after he posted that article. That's not odd at all. Not suspicious in anyway, nope. No conflict of interests there. :rolleyes:

There goes Wikipedia's credibility...

This is how this is going to work, your going to make some terrible points and use the :rolleyes: smiley a lot. Mad Jack and Skummy are going to take your arguments apart if they can be bothered. Your going to retort by strawmanning, attacking the argument and several other methods of avoiding addressing their points and then you're eventually going to get banned, preferably by Srar, who has one of those vaginas you're all really scared of. Then you'll probably toddle off to TRP or 8chan and identify us a 'feminazi danger zone' or something equally as stupid.

Now, is some game developers sexual proclivities really the hill you want to die on?

• Like 12

There goes Wikipedia's credibility...

Why?

Kotaku and other sites are sited all over that page when they've been spreading misinformation about from the get-go for one. Let alone this controversy started when one of their writers was unprofessional.

But Gazz is right this is pointless. Sorry. I just hate being called a misogynist when I'm trying to write letters to advertisers (not that anyone here was doing exactly that, just in general). I'll keep it to myself from now on.

Edited by ndqw