Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

No, because resorting to stupid reductive reasoning hardly helps your argument, does it? Nor does playing the victim.

People aren't criticising you because you're "a Gamergater", it's not a personal attack and you're not a victim - we're criticising what you're saying because it's verifiably false. That's how debate works.

You argued the point that donating to Fine Young Capitalists was a concerted, orchestrated effort, you were proven wrong, you didn't accept it and were, quite rightly, criticised for not changing your opinion based on fresh information - something, by the way, you're accusing everybody else of, but I suppose it's fine when you do it? Can that be spelled out any more simply for you?

IT'S NOT FUCKING VERVIFIBLY FALSE! Your source is a link to a fucking 4chan discussion. How the fuck do you know how much of the donations came from 4chan members and how much came from Gamergaters who don't know the fucking slightest thing about the thread?

Okay, by the same logic, how do you know how much of the donations came from Gamergate at all to make your big proud statements of supporting a feminist group?

The fact that the thread exists, in which it is suggested that GamerGate donate to their IndieGoGo, and then GamerGaters did exactly that kind of suggests a cause and effect, though, doesn't it? And the fact that the people responsible for said thread were then given the opportunity to design a video game character would suggest that their donations were substantial, wouldn't it?

The evidence is there to support our side of the argument. It isn't there to support yours. How are we the ones getting accused of blindly clinging to our side of the story here?

Because you won't see any other way. Your narrative is "It started on 4chan, therefore it must be". You won't even entertain the POSSIBILITY of it being otherwise. What am I supposed to do? Hack into IndieGoGo, find EVERY person who donated to TFYC and then hack into 4 AND 8chan to see if they have an account or not?

No expects you to do that, we've already confirmed that you're way too lazy.

• Like 3

So you'd rather believe something that agrees with the stance that you had entering into the argument than accept that the argument to the contrary is supported by evidence? Because that sounds an awful lot like what you're very angry at me for allegedly doing, only with the added benefit of facts.

And by evidence - as you seem to have ignored this bit - I don't just mean the thread on 4chan, I mean the existence of "Vivian James" too.

• Like 1

So you'd rather believe something that agrees with the stance that you had entering into the argument than accept that the argument to the contrary is supported by evidence? Because that sounds an awful lot like what you're very angry at me for allegedly doing, only with the added benefit of facts.

And by evidence - as you seem to have ignored this bit - I don't just mean the thread on 4chan, I mean the existence of "Vivian James" too.

So just because they raised enough for a character that automatically means "Tainted"? That's still less than half of what they raised.

My "narrative" is supported by ample evidence. Your's is supported by "YOU GUYS ARE WRONG AND HATE ME". Do you at least understand why I might be more inclined to side with one side of that argument than the other?

But do you see also that it's possible a majority didn't come from 4chan? I'm not denying money DID come from 4Chan. I'm simply saying you can't prove that that's the only source or even the majority. I'm not saying you have to believe me, you can believe that it's a 4Chan stunt. I just want you to accept the notion that a discussion on a message board doesn't automatically mean "Guilty as charged"

9c0.png

• Like 2

Like I said I'm done. There is clearly no other way but the one true way. Heretics shall be burned.

How do you not even see the hypocrisy in what you're doing? You're being presented with facts. With evidence. FROM THE FUCKING SOURCE. And your reaction? "La la la la I'm not listening". Yet you still try and accuse us of not shifting from our position? Why the fuck should we when we are in the right, have provided every available piece of evidence, and your argument comes down to - what? "MAYBE IT WASN'T?! YOU'RE WRONG!". And every time you're proven wrong you just default to this bullshit victim complex because it's easier to assume that we're the bad guys stuck in our ways picking on you than to say "woah, actually, maybe in the face of all this evidence I was wrong?".

Do you see what I mean by "trying to control the narrative" now?

Though thanks for touching on one of my other GamerGate pet peeves - the insistence on using melodramatic language. If it's not "heretics be burned", it's referring to this shitstorm as a "war" or a "revolution". Get over yourselves.

• Like 2

Like I said I'm done. There is clearly no other way but the one true way. Heretics shall be burned.

So your argument "ITS POSSIBLE THE MAJORITY DIDN'T COME FRO 4CHAN!!!" is proven wrong, yet we're the ones who are wrong? You ignore evidence that disproves your arguments, yet provide none that would prove them.

Do you deny climate change too? Are you a birther? A truther? Anti-vaxxer? Cuz you'd fit in with those crowds really good

• Like 1

So your argument "ITS POSSIBLE THE MAJORITY DIDN'T COME FRO 4CHAN!!!" is proven wrong, yet we're the ones who are wrong? You ignore evidence that disproves your arguments, yet provide none that would prove them.

Do you deny climate change too? Are you a birther? A truther? Ant-vaxxer? Cuz you'd fit in with those crowds really good

Just some of their views, NOT ALL OF THEM.

• Like 2

Social Justice Ranger.

About what level is he?

I dunno, but thats a +5 Broadsword of COnfirmation Bias he's wielding

• Like 2