Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

You can change the hashtag on a daily basis if you want, the bad faith, the malintentioned, and the internet trolls will follow. trolls never get tired.

I mean I don't have any knowledge of internet trolls or anything, but they seem like they drink lots of mountain dew and are composed of carbon, hydrogen, hatred and trace elements.

You don't see a problem with not reading what the other side's argument is while producing counter-arguments? This is the position you're going with?

part of the problem with discussing quinn and the quinnspiracy stuff is it is mostly firsthand information combined with screencaps. Screencaps can be fabricated and firsthand information is often biased. When it comes to the breakup of a relationship I doubt either side is entirely unbiased. the harassment against Quinn was plenty public so point to that stuff all you want, but first hand tesimony of her dealings in court... eron made blogs about his experences in court too and the truth about what happened is porobably a combination of the two stories.

I'm not saying stop posting, I just want you to be rational about it :blink:

You can change the hashtag on a daily basis if you want, the bad faith, the malintentioned, and the internet trolls will follow. trolls never get tired.

I mean I don't have any knowledge of internet trolls or anything, but they seem like they drink lots of mountain dew and are composed of carbon, hydrogen, hatred and trace elements.

I know you're being jokey but come on Sean, you honestly don't think they'll get bored and move onto something else? Has there ever been a sustained trolling campaign that's lasted any significant amount of time? And I'm not talking about Ellis, obviously.

Damnit mobile skin and it's lack of easy emoticon access. I forget the code but I'm sure you get the idea.

I know you're being jokey but come on Sean, you honestly don't think they'll get bored and move onto something else? Has there ever been a sustained trolling campaign that's lasted any significant amount of time? And I'm not talking about Ellis, obviously.

Damnit mobile skin and it's lack of easy emoticon access. I forget the code but I'm sure you get the idea.

The Police Academy movies.

And Ellis.

• Like 1

Harassment trolls have kept up so far, you really think if you changed the hashtag they would stop and say "eh, now that its about #ethicsinvidya, I guess she deserves to live afterall"?

yes because they'd be too lazy to spell out the hashtag... <_<

I'm not saying you did. I just know where this ends. It's tough to be rational when you feel you're being irrationally labelled. In the end I've stated what I believe, have there been trolls in Gamergate? Of course, just as there's been on the other side, but we don't believe the entire Anti GG movement is irredeemably tainted because of it. In the end it's just like two rams butting heads. I believe I'm right, they believe otherwise.

While I am enjoying the heated and passionate discussions, let's please keep the insults out of it, there have been a few instances of posts leaning that way. Cheers guys.

kaney already said this you assmuncher.

I do agree with the GGers on one thing, changing the hashtag won't change anything. The plan was always to hide the rampant misogyny and harassment behind the ethics excuse. That's documented in the chan logs when Gjoni collaborated with people like Roguestar to kick the whole thing off. Baldwin coined Gamergate, but notyourshield was explicitly created in the chans as an ironic shield for the shitlords to hide behind. There are logs of them being shocked that actual women and minorities were using that tag and not just their sock puppets (although there were a lot of those too).

But as for "we can't switch hashtags", why do you need a hashtag? Total Biscuit was calling out ethical issues long before Gamergate. But he was a lot more likely to be taken seriously in July than he is today. "Shadows of Mordor paid for positive reviews" is going to be taken more seriously than "Shadows of Mordor paid for positive reviews #gamergate". To use an outside example, George W. Bush was a huge piece of shit, but I'll never take a criticism of him seriously if it comes from a truther. Gamergate is synonymous with misogyny and harassment, whether rightly or wrongly, and that will never change. It's origins were harassment, and it still partakes in harassment to this day. If you are happy being a shield for this harassment, then go right ahead. Do not complain when people call you a misogynist for it. If you actually want to effect change aside from driving women out of the industry, ditch the tag. You can still fight for ethics without it.

• Like 4

While I am enjoying the heated and passionate discussions, let's please keep the insults out of it, there have been a few instances of posts leaning that way. Cheers guys.

kaney already said this you assmuncher.

Shut your cakehole you cakemuncher

Yeah, your second point is pretty much what we were all getting at - I don't see why switching hashtags would be anywhere near an issue. This isn't exactly something that needs an Alliance To End Hulkamania.

It just seemed more like an idea that they should switch hashtags. Changing from #Gamergate to #welikeethics wouldn't solve a thing. Not having a hashtag at all and calling out actual ethical breaches when you see them rather than giving yourself a label would.