Superman 64 Discussion Thread

Benji

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na...

• BATMAN!
    • LEADER!

I don't care what you think! If any Kevin Smith/Ben Affleck movie is to be watched it's Jersey Girl.

I'm guessing Dogma has aged slightly better.

I don't care what you think! If any Kevin Smith/Ben Affleck movie is to be watched it's Jersey Girl.

I'm guessing Dogma has aged slightly better.

It's got much less Stephen Root being George Carlin's buddy.

By which I mean it has none of that at all.

So, back on topic, I looked into it a bit more, and nope, I really don't care about Gamergate.

So, any chance that WayneTech has a console gaming division in Dawn of Justice? And if so, what are the chances that Affleck (as Bruce Wayne) mentions it offhand?

I mean, I have some pretty big problems with some of the fringe people who lay claim to the feminist movement, but even the most comically stereotypical, misandrist Tumblr users is more grounded than the majority of the men's rights 'movement'.

The MR people could teach Christians a thing or two about persecution complexes.

Do you guys have to derail everything that you don't agree with? It was a fairly good back and forward thread with some solid arguments that has been turned into a dank new meme

Why tm?

And it wasn't anywhere near good.

I've been following this whole mess with varying level of interest since it started last year and this has definitely been a more civilized GG discussion than most of what I've seen.

Do you guys have to derail everything that you don't agree with? It was a fairly good back and forward thread with some solid arguments that has been turned into a dank new meme™

Why tm?

And it wasn't anywhere near good.

I've been following this whole mess with varying level of interest since it started last year and this has definitely been a more civilized GG discussion than most of what I've seen.

That's saying the best of these terrible things udnt terrible, nope still terrible.

Yeah as much as Pizza and Sousa and I are never going to see eye to eye they haven't called me a misogynistic pig (directly anyway!) yet and I haven't threatened to kill them OR any women, so this is progress. I predict we solve this by monday and by next thursday, Isreal/Palestine.

Which side do you guys want in that debate?

• Like 4

The MR people could teach Christians a thing or two about persecution complexes.

Maybe in the US and other Western nations, but Christians do get killed for their faith. Admittedly, it's mostly Middle Eastern countries, but it isn't like nobody who holds the Christian faith gets murdered. This sort of thing is a major issue. So, no, the MR people could not teach Christians anything when it comes to persecution. I can pretty much go a priori in the assertion that nobody is going out and actually murdering any of them, and there is a basic guarantee that that claim is accurate.

I don't think you understand what a persecution complex is. It's mainly about making mountains out of molehills. Your example seems to imply people are upset about some mass graves, which is SLIGHTLY different.

But are we really going to debate who has it worse off in the modern world between Christians and men?

I had a skim through most of the on topic points of this and I couldn’t find anything relating to the true source for all this which was ethics in gaming journalism, GamerGate started due to reports of games journalists offering good reviews at a cost. After that the report of Zoe Quinn having a positive review of one of her games which had been given mixed to negative reviews elsewhere based on the fact that she was in a relationship with the reviewer. After attacks started being taken against Quinn, a selection of feminists with an agenda hijacked the campaign and forced it into being something for their cause completely ignoring and refusing to acknowledge anything other than what they had turned it into.