How much money goes on Free Parking?

Sousa

Using house rules, I've played with some people that use a rule that if you land on Free Parking, you can pay $200 (or whatever the equivalent you get for passing Go is, depending on the version of the game. Like Monopoly Millionaire, for example) to move to whichever space you want. However, you can't pick a utility or railroad, but can pick Chance or Community Chest.

I prefer to play it with Free Parking just meaning nothing happens when you land on it.

Edited by GhostMachine

I love that this horrible rule transcends national borders. That's one of the reasons I asked. Like, "Do Britons and Canucks and Aussies and whatever Zan is do this to themselves, too?"

Where did this idea even come from?

I'm guessing as a way to balance the game. That way it gives the younger kids a chance against the older kids who might be better negotiators.

I always played the house rule that Free Parking meant that you didn't have to pay rent on any property until you passed Free Parking again. No money, but man, was it a life saver.

Let's see, my family's rule was...

-All taxes

-All things taken from the player by community chest and chance.

-The jail fine

Also, EWB Monopoly, someone make it happen!

Board%20Rough%20Draft.png

It's a little out of date though--no more Archives. And "Hate Thread" and "Like Thread" are clearly government propaganda.

Please tell me theres a "You have to pull an Ollie, collect $10 from every player" card

• Like 2

Nothing goes on free parking and your fucking house rules are the reason monopoly sucks. If you play by the actual rules, the game lasts an appropriate amount of time. Artificially increasing the length of the game is why I hate it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...