Favorite Sitcoms

=BK=

I just started thinking about this the other day when I found out that CMT replayed Reba everyday. I don't wanna do a list list because there is a thousand sitcoms but I just wonder what people's favorites are.

For me I narrowed it down to five favorites.

1.Roseanne

2.Reba

3.A Different World

4.Victorious

5.The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I've been watching a lot of Modern Family recently. That's dangerously close to knocking off Fresh Prince.

Scrubs, Parks & Rec, Community. As much as it fell off a cliff in terms of quality, The Office (US) was the first sitcom I watched religiously every week. It holds a special little place in my heart.

I grew up watching Saved By The Bell before school. Boy Meets World was a big part of my childhood.

I was putting Scrubs in mine but it's wiki doesn't claim it as a sitcom. If I put Scrubs on then it knocks Victorious down a notch which means Fresh Prince is gone.

Roseanne (before it turned to shit) and Friends are the only two American sit-coms I've pretty much seen every episode of and felt attached to the characters. Most American sit-coms either feel really forced/unrealistic and whilst I'll like an episode by itself they seem weird when I watch them as a season or whatever. I think a large part has to do with the length of the seasons.

I'm really enjoying Please Like Me and Upper-Middle Bogan. Please Like Me is considered more of a dramedy I think, it's definitely funny but it's quite dark. Totally lovely it though and it's easily my favourite show on TV at the moment.

I don't know if Upper-Middle Bogan would translate to a foreign audience, it's an upper-middle class family who are urbane and the mother's a surgeon and the kids attend private school, then the mother finds out she was adopted and interacts with her family of origin who are working class. It's really tactfully handled, brilliantly funny and whilst it highlights the differences doesn't do it in a way that's heavy handed or insulting to either group.

The first two (or was it three?) seasons of the British Shameless was also pretty amazing at the time.

Edited by Quom

Frasier, Arrested Development and Community. The thread can now be closed :P

The Nickelodeon and Disney Channel shows are stupid fun, but I can't say that any of them are my favorite. Practically all of them are guaranteed to only last 2-4 seasons, at best. Anyway, I grew up watching both reruns and new series, so my list is a little bit more eclectic.

1. The Dick Van Dyke Show

2. The Big Bang Theory

3. MASH

4. The Golden Girls

5. Will & Grace

In no order, Frasier, Dad's Army, Porridge, Spaced and Father Ted.

I was just about to complain about the lack of British representation, so thanks for that.

I'll add Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses, Blackadder, Im Alan Partridge and The Office to that list.

• Like 1

I've gotten kinda jaded with the traditional "laugh track" sitcoms like Friends, MIMYM, Big Bang etc. I watched and enjoyed those 3 but I've always thought single camera sitcoms without the track like Arrested Development, Scrubs, Brooklyn Nine Nine were better.

Definitely put those up there.

Also Father Ted was genius and was decades ahead of its time. So it has to go there. Makes me proud the amount of brilliant Irish comedians were in that in so little episodes too.

Edited by TCO