Favorite Sitcoms

=BK=

Of American sitcoms, Frasier, Arrested Development and Community, probably in that order, though Frasier unfortunately made the same mistake as all too many American shows and was dragged on far too long and allowed to get a bit crap towards the end. King Of The Hill, if that counts too, though apply the same criticism there.

For British sitcoms, I'd probably say Blackadder, Black Books and Dad's Army, though I know there are countless ones I'm forgetting right now.

Frasier, Arrested Development and Community. The thread can now be closed :P

Frasier is just a terrible Cheers spin off >_>

This was the crap Cheers spin off:

220px-The_tortellis_premiere_print_ad.jp

As for me it's all NewsRadio and Black Books.

Only Fools and Horses has to be number one for me, after that my list gets a bit too big to note since I was essentually brought up on the classic BBC sitcoms such as Allo Allo, Are You Being Served?, Dad's Army, Fawlty Towers‎, Open All Hours and Porridge.

Sone that I do enjoy that will likley not get a mention would be Brittas Empire, Citizen Smith, Coupling, Goodnight Sweetheart and My Family series 1-5 or the ones with Kris Marshall.

And then when it comes to more recent shows its got to be Hebburn, Him & Her, Mongrels, Pramface, Some Girls, Toast of London, Uncle.

Oh and I will likley get some heat for this but Friends is shite in comparison to Coupling.

M*A*S*H, Three's Company, Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Roseanne (minus the final season, which was total garbage), Newhart, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and 3rd Rock From The Sun.

If old classics count, then the Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy.

For Brit-coms, Keeping Up Appearances, Waiting For God and The Vicar of Dibley (though we only got about half the episodes of the latter here)

The Nickelodeon and Disney Channel shows are stupid fun, but I can't say that any of them are my favorite. Practically all of them are guaranteed to only last 2-4 seasons, at best. Anyway, I grew up watching both reruns and new series, so my list is a little bit more eclectic.

1. The Dick Van Dyke Show

2. The Big Bang Theory

3. MASH

4. The Golden Girls

5. Will & Grace

I forgot about Will & Grace! I'm actually watching it right now. I remember loving it when I started watching it near the end of middle school.

M*A*S*H, Three's Company, Cheers, Frasier, Friends, Roseanne (minus the final season, which was total garbage), Newhart, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and 3rd Rock From The Sun.

If old classics count, then the Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy.

For Brit-coms, Keeping Up Appearances, Waiting For God and The Vicar of Dibley (though we only got about half the episodes of the latter here)

Oooh, I forgot about MASH.

Black Books

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Blackadder

Scrubs

Red Dwarf

And for the youth in me...

3rd Rock From The Sun.

They would likely be my top few, along with the usual Friends, OFAH etc.

Honorable mention for Spaced too.

But Black Books would be my all time favourite. One of my favourite scenes from anything ever:

http://youtu.be/AuHxEhxSFsY

Edited by Whisper in the Wind
  • Like 1

It's a pain in the arse to just choose a few, for now, if I had to choose 5 they'd probably be Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, The Thin Blue Line, 'Allo 'Allo (mainly the earlier stuff, towards the end it wore thin but still had some good moments) and lastly Boy Meets World, some of it may have aged badly but it was one of the few things as a kid me and my dad watched together without him tutting through and clearly not enjoying it, he still repeats Erics "Feeny call" whenever one of the Feeneys turns up on Soccer Saturday as a goal scorer which the missus finds hilarious (easily amused that one...). On a slight tangent, finding bugger all on tv now they're repeating old episodes of Pointless I've watched a couple of episodes and think Girl Meets World is surprisingly watchable.

Wait, I've missed out I'm Alan Partridge somehow... Swap 'Allo 'Allo out for that. While that fell in quality IAP never really did, from radio chat show to movie I think that the Alan Partridge character has been handled brilliantly from his brief skit on The Day Today onwards.

Edited by lanky316