TEW13 Real World Update: March 2015

Here is the March update, one of the main thing this month is the worker clean up is finished so enjoy the workers being a bit more normal and not all over the place.

Something I forgot to mention last month relates to the movesets, if a worker has a moveset with a hashtag then that means they have an empty moveset, so if you know their finishing moves either describe ir or say what move it is and Ill clone the move and add it to the set.

Enjoy

Database: March 2015 (Updated 3/3/2015)

Belts and Logos: March 2015

Wrestlers: TEWR Worker Pic Pack

Helpful Guidelines

Stamina Stat To Match Length

41-53% = 10m Max

53-65% = 15m Max

65-77% = 34m Max

77-89% = 49m Max

89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)

0-19% = Unknown

20-39% = Regional Level

40-57% = Regional Star

58-62% = Recognisable

63-69% = Well Known

70-77% = Draw

78-84% = Star

85-92% = Huge Star

93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Class Act (Positive)

- Compassionate

- Dependable

- Driven

- Humble

- Loyal

- Optimistic

- Social

Class Act (Positive)

- Dependable

- Extremely Loyal

- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)

- Bold

- Dependable

- Extremely Driven

- Extremely Egotistical

- Extremely Manipulative

- Mercenary

- Ruthless

- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)

- Compassionate

- Extremely Flaky

- Extremely Liberal

- Extremely Social

- Hesitant

- Humble

- Loyal

- Naive

- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran

- Antisocial

- Conservative

- Dependable

- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)

- Bold

- Driven

- Egotistical

- Manipulative

- Mercenary

- Ruthless

- Selfish

Master Politician

- Driven

- Egotistical

- Extremely Dependable

- Extremely Manipulative

- Ruthless

- Selfish

- Social

Normal

- Bold

- Egotistical

- Mercenary

- Ruthless

- Selfish

- Social

Party Animal (Positive)

- Bold

- Extremely Social

- Flaky

- Hesitant

- Liberal

- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)

- Compassionate

- Dependable

- Extremely Naive

- Generous

- Hesitant

- Humble

- Loyal

- Optimistic

- Social

- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2013

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

- Koji Kanemoto no longer works in Wrestle-1

- Kenny Omega is fluent in Japanese

- Act Yasukawa is going to be out injured for a long while (probably 4-6 months with the orbital bone along with whatever other facial injuries occured) after what happened with Yoshiko

Edited by Silva

renee young is not in the game, lana and rusev don't click together, the ascension are not listed as a team, alot of wrestlers are unhappy with scripts

Renee Young is in the game as Renee Young, but she doesn't have a WWE contract in the game. Also, Ascension are listed as a team in NXT, but not WWE.

EDIT: Worker Darius Lee should probably be as follows:

His finishers are a 619 (Tiger Feint Kick) that he calls the 901 and a Springboard 450 Splash. He should have an alter ego as Tatt2, which is the name he wrestles under.

Tatt2%20Personality_zps0kxxy10g.pngTatt2%20Skills_zpseppdxa5r.pngTatt2%20Performance_zpsqlcottdh.png

Edited by rdylanm01

Hey, this is the my first time using your updates for TEW. Good update, and I enjoy how you went through and lowered everyone's stats to reduce stat inflation that is present in most real-world mods. I do have one concern though. Why is star quality and sex appeal seemingly very all over the place? From the best description of where to rate stats (Source - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524746), I have trouble understanding some of the choices.

Star Quality: Last but not least in this section is a stat that is universally helpful. Quite simply, the innate look of being a star. Don’t confuse this with recognising someone who is already a star because it is NOT that. There is a certain intangible quality that some people have, whether it be in their body language or their look. They just shout out to the world that they are a star, they are important, they are talented or something like that. The Rock is pretty much a perfect example of Star Quality. He was good looking, he was charismatic (both different stats) but what he had was a certain swagger, poise and charm that made him stand out from everyone else. You put him in a line-up with almost anyone else and ask people to pick out a star, and even people who don’t know him would single him out. You put Mick Foley in that same line up and he wouldn’t even get a second look. Mick Foley is popular and a highly successful star in his own right several times over, but Star Quality isn’t something he has a lot of. He became a a star despite lacking Star Quality and the poor guy gets this argument used on him every time I make this point. tongue.gif This stat CAN go hand in hand with high sex appeal, menace or charisma but it is generally something unique to a person. Hulk Hogan had it in spades though has lost some since his peak (I’d still sit him in the 70s for Star Quality now though, more than Mick Foley ever had). The Ultimate Warrior was packed to the gills with it. The Rock has it. Stone Cold had a lot of it, but not as much as anyone else mentioned so far (I’d set him in high 80s/low 90s even at his peak). John Cena has a lot of it but not as much as Austn (I’d go with high 80s). Batista oozed Star Quality too, one of the best for Camera skills in recent times with high 90s here. In terms of Divas, Trish had huge Star Quality… there was just a presence with her that wasn’t just her boobs looking you in the face, there was more. The current crop of gals wish they had what she had but most of them are simply attractive but with nothing to say “I’m a megastar” about them. Which is kinda why the Divas get overlooked a lot… there is some talented girls there, but they don’t have star quality the same way that some of the Attitude Era girls did. Tamina Snuka? Eve? The Bella Twins? Rosa Mendez? Mediocre star quality… though the Bellas might be a little better off in that regard than the others. As for the effect of the stat… it adds a little to everything a worker is part of, so while you might not see any obvious effects the little extra boosts you get will slowly add 0.1 popularity here and there. After a while it all adds up. At 100 I think this stat adds about 5 points to your contribution to a segment AND it helps you to shift a lot of merchandise, which is profit for your company.

One example on here is Mick Foley, who you have set to an 80 in Star Quality, and personally I would lower him down to 40 or 50, for the reasons stated above. Other notable examples: Rey Mysterio having 90 star quality. He is another worker I would personally say became popular despite low star quality, rather than being popular because of high star quality. I would personally lower him to 40-60. Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle have 90, but I would argue that somewhere around 85 would be more accurate. I think a 90 on Star Quality should be reserved for the top 5 or so of the active workers in the database. Last, I see a massive amount of workers having 0 star quality. I would disagree with this. I believe that a zero would be reserved for literally just the average person or an announcer and such. You currently seem to have a zero as the baseline, where I would argue baseline for a wrestler should be somewhere like 50. If you have less, you are actively un-star-ish. Having more the opposite. I see loads of NXT, TNA, and Indie talent having absolutely zero star quality. Baron Corbin, Kalisto, and many others all have zero. I personally would say that a star quality overhaul is needed to make this more playable. Not saying everybody needs to be high, but giving Kalisto something like 40 star quality isn't unreasonable, and Baron Corbin would probably have at least a 50 (there's too many examples that I see to go through them one by one and give suggestions, just pointing out some examples). Bray Wyatt I see has a 50 and would arguably need a bump. His pure aesthetics may be about a 50 but the way he presents himself would indicate being at least a 70 in my opinion, especially if Jack Swagger has a 60.

Similarly, Sex Appeal probably needs the same treatment. A large portion of the database is 0 in this as well. I think the stat guide summarizes this for me best, so I'll just paste that here as well.

Sex Appeal: This is mostly important for women, as not only are they the fairer sex but they are generally the least intimidating one (unless you are dating them, obviously tongue.gif). A gorgeous girl is fairly obviously gorgeous to most from a fairly short viewing on TV or from a handful of pictures so it shouldn’t be too hard to ballpark a value for their Sex Appeal. Most of the WWE Divas and TNA Knockouts are going to be in the 80 range for this, with some of the particularly attractive girls going above and beyond this. Many of the most popular females in these two companies have gotten there based on their looks as much as their talents, though the very best tend to have both. Trish Stratus was a high 90s sex appeal, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Dawn Marie, Mickie James… some beautiful girls who all deserve 90+ in the Sex Appeal stat. Others probably around that range might include Lacey Von Erich, So Cal Val, Kelly Kelly (so good they named her twice)… the very atractive girls are going to be able to get over initially based on their looks and when the cap on that kicks in, their talents can take them the rest of the way. Don’t worry about being a little generous when you mod this particular stat, this is one where you can go a little bit too far without worrying about breaking the balance of a mod. In terms of males, sex appeal really isn’t a good way to push someone to get to the top of the wrestling world, so they tend to get lower ratings partly for that and partly by just not being as attractive. Anywhere between 20-40 would be a good range for a not-un attractive guy. Anything higher than that and we’re talking the kind of guys that girls will quite happily look at for ages, andonce you start to get above 50 we’re talking some seriously good looking dude. In the Cornellverse there are only a handful of guys above 60, with Champagne Lover basically being a Hollywood heart throb in the low 80s, which is where guys like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or whoever is an extremely attractive and famous man these days. I’m so out of touch with culture that my attempts to make pop culture references are never going to go well. tongue.gif Some guys that seem to be very popular with the ladies these days in pro wrestling include Randy Orton (60ish), John Cena (60ish), Batista (50s, though I’m not sure why), John Morrison (probably the highest scorer I can think of, 70s), Dolph Ziggler (50s, maybe 60s), AJ Styles (50s, maybe 60s as girls I know seem to love him). But primarily, sex appeal applies mostly for women in terms of generating popularity rather than for men.

I saw for example lots of the NXT female roster having 0s for Sex Appeal, and most males in the game having 0 as well. For the females, this is almost game-breaking, since that's one of the main ways to get a female popular. I would say that most reasonable looking females should have a minimum of 50 for this stat, only being lowered by people who are actively unattractive like Awesome Kong or such. (Just as an example that comes to the top of my head, some may disagree with my opinion of Awesome Kong's sex appeal) For males, it's less game-breaking, but still nice to have for accuracy's sake.

For both star quality and sex appeal, I wouldn't be the best to single out individual people and give recommendations for who should have what, but I just wanted to bring up that both stats are currently not where they should be at on a database-wide scale.

Edited by Toasterovenmakingtoast
  • Like 1

renee young is not in the game, lana and rusev don't click together, the ascension are not listed as a team, alot of wrestlers are unhappy with scripts

Chemistry is something I have put off for a while with other stuff taking priority, I'm going to look in and build them up a bit more firstly adding in chemestry for tag team, although anything that pops out thats missing please mention. Is the thing with scripts a road agent thing, I havent properly got round to playing the game yet sicne I've spent the past couple months just fixing the data so I havent encountered it.

Hey, this is the my first time using your updates for TEW. Good update, and I enjoy how you went through and lowered everyone's stats to reduce stat inflation that is present in most real-world mods. I do have one concern though. Why is star quality and sex appeal seemingly very all over the place? From the best description of where to rate stats (Source - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524746), I have trouble understanding some of the choices.

Superstar Quality and Sex Appeal were the first two areas that were wildly overrated, that was back when I was building the data in TEW10 and to work off of a clean slate I knocked everyone down to 0 since there were alot of indie guys who were either equal to or more of a superstar than big names. On top of that I have a tendiency to underrate stats which is why I'd like to get some differing opinions.

EDIT

Just noticed I incorrectly set up the tag team of Cesaro and Kidd with TJ Perkins instead of TJ Wilson.

Edited by TheWho87

I think Matt Striker deserves a lot of more Announcing skills since he is, in my humble opinion, the best active announcer there is

I heavily disagree.

I heavily disagree to you disagreeing ;)

I enjoy every minute of him calling lucha underground and he made jim ross look at wrestle kingdom like a noob. I don't say you should make him to the best announcer, but surely give him a better announcing skill than C. How about a B-

Currently working my way through adding chemestry to all the tag teams in the database, teams rated medium or higher are rated good or great, those that are low are rated as neutral. I have also added in chemestries for a majority of the WWE's announce teams throughout the years.

If I finish these before tomorrow I may put up an updated database.

If anyone has suggestions for fighting against chemistries that would be handy, so far I have the Styles/Daniels/Joe combo, Austin/Rock and Generico/Steen.

Edited by TheWho87

thanks for the update

- add DMAX as a TV Network

Media Group: Discovery Communications

Style: Cult

Size: Small

Patience: Medium

Begins In: September 2006

Wrestling: Pro

Risk Level: High

Min Fed Size: Regional

Min Popularity: 40

Min Prestige: 30

Shows Total: 1

Mainstream: Pro

Cult: Pro

Modern: Pro

Range: Central & Mediterranean Europe - Small

- add Impact Wrestling to DMAX (Saturday, Late Night)

- Bellatrix and World Association of Wrestling are the same Promotion. WAW was renamed to Bellatrix a few years ago

- personally I would remove the Michael Hutter injury - he was on every Impact this year and also active in the ring (he wears a special brace on his injured arm)

- maybe add "pregnancy" as an injury? (Minor Injury, Out of Ring, Prevents Wrestling, A Year Recovery, Surgery unavailable, affects females, 40% temporary Body Damage)

- have you thought about adding some new Gimmicks? Especially in NXT there are a few unique Gimmicks. (Sami Callihan's Hacker Gimmick, The Vaudevillains Gimmick and Enzo Amore, Big Cass & Carmella with their realest guys/girl in the room Gimmick just to name a few)

Edited by No1Thuganomic

Currently working my way through adding chemestry to all the tag teams in the database, teams rated medium or higher are rated good or great, those that are low are rated as neutral. I have also added in chemestries for a majority of the WWE's announce teams throughout the years.

If I finish these before tomorrow I may put up an updated database.

If anyone has suggestions for fighting against chemistries that would be handy, so far I have the Styles/Daniels/Joe combo, Austin/Rock and Generico/Steen.

Tanahashi/Okada?