TEW13 Real World Update: March 2015

Is Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) really currently just Light Heavyweight? With his size and muscle-mass?

edit: oh, none of the angles have any storyline impact? That's sad. :(

Edited by Marsl

- Bellatrix and World Association of Wrestling are the same Promotion. WAW was renamed to Bellatrix a few years ago

- have you thought about adding some new Gimmicks? Especially in NXT there are a few unique Gimmicks. (Sami Callihan's Hacker Gimmick, The Vaudevillains Gimmick and Enzo Amore, Big Cass & Carmella with their realest guys/girl in the room Gimmick just to name a few)

It depends on how you view things, technically they are both run by the Knights under the same umbrella, sort of simalar to NCW and NCW Femme Fatales work and you could argue since I combined them into one promotion then WAW and Bellatrix could be mixed together but they do both put on shows under seperate banners in different directions so to me its just easier to keep them seperate

I am open to new gimmicks but I would like to have them to be a bit generic not just one specific gimmick for one specific person cause seems a bit of a waste.

I probably just missed it, but why are New Japan and WWE Cult sized companies and not National?

Its how the promotions are set up popularity wise, with the old game world set up it was easy to jump from Cult to International so to have them as National was difficult to set up. To be honest I dont look at "this promotions should be this level so make them that level" I look at whats more realistic popularity wise and for WWE in most cases has been coasting along for years and is currently set with a minimum US level of B- which is around the level I feel they are at.

Is Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) really currently just Light Heavyweight? With his size and muscle-mass?

Are you arguing an increase in size for The Rock?, since he is in Hollywood he does obviously change in size for his roles, the size in game is roughly based on his last in ring period.

The angle pack is Rated R's from TEW10 which is inspired by EWR, if there is a good basic pack for TEW13 please point me in its direction, going to go with Idol's iNSPIRED angle pack from now on.

Edited by TheWho87

The angle pack seems good, only "injury risk" and "angles" needs to be modified for every single angle or the angles are worthless.

I still think he was/is a heavyweight in his last appearances in wrestling.

From a quick look the iNSPIRED pack is the same but has the issues you have addressed fixed.

Here is a download link, create a new database and delete the current ones and import these in.

http://ewwarehouse.info/wp-content/uploads/user_uploads/admin/iANGLES_v3.zip

I finished up the chemestries yesterday and I'll make a few of the minor changes as well and try and get a revised database up tonight.

Edited by TheWho87

- Bellatrix and World Association of Wrestling are the same Promotion. WAW was renamed to Bellatrix a few years ago

- have you thought about adding some new Gimmicks? Especially in NXT there are a few unique Gimmicks. (Sami Callihan's Hacker Gimmick, The Vaudevillains Gimmick and Enzo Amore, Big Cass & Carmella with their realest guys/girl in the room Gimmick just to name a few)

It depends on how you view things, technically they are both run by the Knights under the same umbrella, sort of simalar to NCW and NCW Femme Fatales work and you could argue since I combined them into one promotion then WAW and Bellatrix could be mixed together but they do both put on shows under seperate banners in different directions so to me its just easier to keep them seperate

I am open to new gimmicks but I would like to have them to be a bit generic not just one specific gimmick for one specific person cause seems a bit of a waste.

I probably just missed it, but why are New Japan and WWE Cult sized companies and not National?

Its how the promotions are set up popularity wise, with the old game world set up it was easy to jump from Cult to International so to have them as National was difficult to set up. To be honest I dont look at "this promotions should be this level so make them that level" I look at whats more realistic popularity wise and for WWE in most cases has been coasting along for years and is currently set with a minimum US level of B- which is around the level I feel they are at.

Are you arguing an increase in size for The Rock?, since he is in Hollywood he does obviously change in size for his roles, the size in game is roughly based on his last in ring period.

The angle pack is Rated R's from TEW10 which is inspired by EWR, if there is a good basic pack for TEW13 please point me in its direction, going to go with Idol's iNSPIRED angle pack from now on.

I would've just stuck with the main TEW13 angles but Idol has a good set of angles there too. I usually have both of them (or some of both of them) imported myself.

Basically there are two promotions that are/were run by the Knights. WAW (for the male roster) and WAWW (for the female roster). The later one was renamed to Bellatrix in 2012 or 2013. Both promotions, although WAW is missing the second W, in the game are "female only" promotions. And because of that I thought you meant the female promotions. If the second one is the WAW (for the males) switch them to a normal promotion.

I have updated the first post and I'm putting it here, this is an update to the database which includes added chemestry for all the tag teams in game, angles updated to the iNSPIRED pack by Idol and Rated R and a few small changes from this thread.

Database: March 2015 (Updated 3/3/2015)

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Was just wondering, because I knew in the cpt.charisma's database, they were National, so I was confused when they were Cult.

EDIT: James Storm & Abyss should be a tag team as "The Revolution" with low experience. Khoya is a member of the Revolution stable. Josh Matthews and Taz are the announce team now for TNA.

Edited by rdylanm01

Might want to bump the B- (I usually give WWE a 75 but this is with the C Verse game world settings) up until it reaches national because Cult size companies only run 1 TV show. So when the AI WWE's Smackdown contract is up they will not renew it leaving WWE with only RAW.

you should add notable personalities, only one there is that cena is a positive influence

I set most workers to "Normal Worker" personality as a default, Cena is a positive influence since he is to company man.

Might want to bump the B- (I usually give WWE a 75 but this is with the C Verse game world settings) up until it reaches national because Cult size companies only run 1 TV show. So when the AI WWE's Smackdown contract is up they will not renew it leaving WWE with only RAW.

Taking a look into it I've set WWE now to B in general US with A in the Tri State, with Canada as C and the rest of the world D-, that seems to set WWE to be a good national level.
  • Like 1

Hey, this is the my first time using your updates for TEW. Good update, and I enjoy how you went through and lowered everyone's stats to reduce stat inflation that is present in most real-world mods. I do have one concern though. Why is star quality and sex appeal seemingly very all over the place? From the best description of where to rate stats (Source - http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524746), I have trouble understanding some of the choices.

Star Quality: Last but not least in this section is a stat that is universally helpful. Quite simply, the innate look of being a star. Don’t confuse this with recognising someone who is already a star because it is NOT that. There is a certain intangible quality that some people have, whether it be in their body language or their look. They just shout out to the world that they are a star, they are important, they are talented or something like that. The Rock is pretty much a perfect example of Star Quality. He was good looking, he was charismatic (both different stats) but what he had was a certain swagger, poise and charm that made him stand out from everyone else. You put him in a line-up with almost anyone else and ask people to pick out a star, and even people who don’t know him would single him out. You put Mick Foley in that same line up and he wouldn’t even get a second look. Mick Foley is popular and a highly successful star in his own right several times over, but Star Quality isn’t something he has a lot of. He became a a star despite lacking Star Quality and the poor guy gets this argument used on him every time I make this point. tongue.gif This stat CAN go hand in hand with high sex appeal, menace or charisma but it is generally something unique to a person. Hulk Hogan had it in spades though has lost some since his peak (I’d still sit him in the 70s for Star Quality now though, more than Mick Foley ever had). The Ultimate Warrior was packed to the gills with it. The Rock has it. Stone Cold had a lot of it, but not as much as anyone else mentioned so far (I’d set him in high 80s/low 90s even at his peak). John Cena has a lot of it but not as much as Austn (I’d go with high 80s). Batista oozed Star Quality too, one of the best for Camera skills in recent times with high 90s here. In terms of Divas, Trish had huge Star Quality… there was just a presence with her that wasn’t just her boobs looking you in the face, there was more. The current crop of gals wish they had what she had but most of them are simply attractive but with nothing to say “I’m a megastar” about them. Which is kinda why the Divas get overlooked a lot… there is some talented girls there, but they don’t have star quality the same way that some of the Attitude Era girls did. Tamina Snuka? Eve? The Bella Twins? Rosa Mendez? Mediocre star quality… though the Bellas might be a little better off in that regard than the others. As for the effect of the stat… it adds a little to everything a worker is part of, so while you might not see any obvious effects the little extra boosts you get will slowly add 0.1 popularity here and there. After a while it all adds up. At 100 I think this stat adds about 5 points to your contribution to a segment AND it helps you to shift a lot of merchandise, which is profit for your company.

One example on here is Mick Foley, who you have set to an 80 in Star Quality, and personally I would lower him down to 40 or 50, for the reasons stated above. Other notable examples: Rey Mysterio having 90 star quality. He is another worker I would personally say became popular despite low star quality, rather than being popular because of high star quality. I would personally lower him to 40-60. Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle have 90, but I would argue that somewhere around 85 would be more accurate. I think a 90 on Star Quality should be reserved for the top 5 or so of the active workers in the database. Last, I see a massive amount of workers having 0 star quality. I would disagree with this. I believe that a zero would be reserved for literally just the average person or an announcer and such. You currently seem to have a zero as the baseline, where I would argue baseline for a wrestler should be somewhere like 50. If you have less, you are actively un-star-ish. Having more the opposite. I see loads of NXT, TNA, and Indie talent having absolutely zero star quality. Baron Corbin, Kalisto, and many others all have zero. I personally would say that a star quality overhaul is needed to make this more playable. Not saying everybody needs to be high, but giving Kalisto something like 40 star quality isn't unreasonable, and Baron Corbin would probably have at least a 50 (there's too many examples that I see to go through them one by one and give suggestions, just pointing out some examples). Bray Wyatt I see has a 50 and would arguably need a bump. His pure aesthetics may be about a 50 but the way he presents himself would indicate being at least a 70 in my opinion, especially if Jack Swagger has a 60.

Similarly, Sex Appeal probably needs the same treatment. A large portion of the database is 0 in this as well. I think the stat guide summarizes this for me best, so I'll just paste that here as well.

Sex Appeal: This is mostly important for women, as not only are they the fairer sex but they are generally the least intimidating one (unless you are dating them, obviously tongue.gif). A gorgeous girl is fairly obviously gorgeous to most from a fairly short viewing on TV or from a handful of pictures so it shouldn’t be too hard to ballpark a value for their Sex Appeal. Most of the WWE Divas and TNA Knockouts are going to be in the 80 range for this, with some of the particularly attractive girls going above and beyond this. Many of the most popular females in these two companies have gotten there based on their looks as much as their talents, though the very best tend to have both. Trish Stratus was a high 90s sex appeal, Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Dawn Marie, Mickie James… some beautiful girls who all deserve 90+ in the Sex Appeal stat. Others probably around that range might include Lacey Von Erich, So Cal Val, Kelly Kelly (so good they named her twice)… the very atractive girls are going to be able to get over initially based on their looks and when the cap on that kicks in, their talents can take them the rest of the way. Don’t worry about being a little generous when you mod this particular stat, this is one where you can go a little bit too far without worrying about breaking the balance of a mod. In terms of males, sex appeal really isn’t a good way to push someone to get to the top of the wrestling world, so they tend to get lower ratings partly for that and partly by just not being as attractive. Anywhere between 20-40 would be a good range for a not-un attractive guy. Anything higher than that and we’re talking the kind of guys that girls will quite happily look at for ages, andonce you start to get above 50 we’re talking some seriously good looking dude. In the Cornellverse there are only a handful of guys above 60, with Champagne Lover basically being a Hollywood heart throb in the low 80s, which is where guys like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or whoever is an extremely attractive and famous man these days. I’m so out of touch with culture that my attempts to make pop culture references are never going to go well. tongue.gif Some guys that seem to be very popular with the ladies these days in pro wrestling include Randy Orton (60ish), John Cena (60ish), Batista (50s, though I’m not sure why), John Morrison (probably the highest scorer I can think of, 70s), Dolph Ziggler (50s, maybe 60s), AJ Styles (50s, maybe 60s as girls I know seem to love him). But primarily, sex appeal applies mostly for women in terms of generating popularity rather than for men.

I saw for example lots of the NXT female roster having 0s for Sex Appeal, and most males in the game having 0 as well. For the females, this is almost game-breaking, since that's one of the main ways to get a female popular. I would say that most reasonable looking females should have a minimum of 50 for this stat, only being lowered by people who are actively unattractive like Awesome Kong or such. (Just as an example that comes to the top of my head, some may disagree with my opinion of Awesome Kong's sex appeal) For males, it's less game-breaking, but still nice to have for accuracy's sake.

For both star quality and sex appeal, I wouldn't be the best to single out individual people and give recommendations for who should have what, but I just wanted to bring up that both stats are currently not where they should be at on a database-wide scale.

I agree with star quality. It improves some over time but not as much that a "0" as a base would be useful. I would set the base somewhere between 40-50.

I think star quality for Wyatt at 50 is about right. What you were describing about Bray Wyatt was Charisma, guys like Wyatt, Foley, Bryan and even Stone Cold have lots of Charisma but not much of star quality.

Star quality based on WWE's definition (since they dictate the market) is pretty much anyone who doesn't look like a indy wrestler or someone that stands out in a crowd.

I would say a check list would look like this...

1) Does he/she look like a body builder?

2) Does he/she look like a model?

3) Does he/she look like a movie/TV star?

4) Does he/she look like a rock star?

5) Does he/she look like a greek god, Titan, larger than life?

...and for a bonus question... Are they second generation or have any celebrity family ties?

Of course the more they relate to those question, the higher the stat probably would be.

Cody Hall would probably be one of the highest rated Indy wrestlers in this category.

Edited by SirMichaelJordan
  • Like 1

I agree with star quality. It improves some over time but not as much that a "0" as a base would be useful. I would set the base somewhere between 40-50.

I have been planning on doing a mass stat edit for a while, helf off until TEW13 since you can do it in seconds rather than go through each profile and I was working on using a base level of 40.

At the moment this is how the superstar quality levels look above 40

Male

100 - Dwayne Johnson

100 - Shawn Michaels

100 - Steve Austin

90 - Andre the Giant

90 - Antonio Inoki

90 - Bret Hart

90 - Brock Lesnar

90 - Eddie Guerrero

90 - Edge / Adam Copeland

90 - Hulk Hogan

90 - Jeff Hardy

90 - John Cena

90 - Keiji Mutoh

90 - Kenta Kobashi

90 - Kurt Angle

90 - Mitsuhara Misawa

90 - Paul Levesque

90 - Randy Savage

90 - Rey Mysterio

90 - Sting

90 - Undertaker / Mark Calaway

80 - Alberto Del Rio / Dos Caras Jr

80 - Big Show / Paul Wight

80 - Bill Goldberg

80 - Chris Jericho

80 - CM Punk

80 - Dave Batista

80 - El Hijo del Santo

80 - Hiroshi Tanahashi

80 - Jerry Lawler

80 - Jushin Liger

80 - Kave / Glenn Jacobs

80 - Mick FOley

80 - Mil Mascaras

80 - Randy Orton

80 - Ric Flair

80 - Rob Van Dam

70 - Adam Cole

70 - AJ Styles

70 - Booker T

70 - Bryan Danielson

70 - Chris Benoit

70 - Christian Cage

70 - Dolph Ziggler / Nick nemeth

70 - Dr Wagner Jr

70 - Great Khali / Dalip Singh

70 - Jeff Jarrett

70 - John Morrison / John Hennigan

70 - Kazuchika Okada

70 - Kevin Nash

70 - Kevin Steen

70 - LA Park

70 - Masahiro Chono

70 - Matt Morgan

70 - Mistico I

70 - Sami Zayn / El Generico

70 - Scott Steiner

70 - Shinsuke Nakamura

70 - Silver King

70 - The Miz / Mike Mizanin

70 - Ultimo Dragon

70 - Yuji Nagata

60 - Austin Aries

60 - Averno

60 - Bob Sapp

60 - Bobby Lashley

60 - Bobby Roode

60 - Bubba Dudley / Mark LoMonaco

60 - Chris Hero

60 - Christopher Daniels

60 - Cibernetico

60 - D-Von Dudley / Devon Hughes

60 - Damien Sandow / Aaron Stevens

60 - Genichiro Tenryu

60 - Hiroyoshi Tenzan

60 - Jack Swagger / Jake Hager

60 - James Storm

60 - John Layfield

60 - Jun Akiyama

60 - Kensuke Sasaki

60 - Kenta

60 - Kyle O'Reilly

60 - Low Ki

60 - Magnus / Nick Aldis

60 - Mark Henry

60 - Mr Anderson

60 - Naomichi Marufuji

60 - Nigel McGuinness

60 - Riki Choshu

60 - Roman Reigns / Joe Anoai

60 - Ryback / Ryan Reeves

60 - Samoa Joe

60 - Satoru Sayama

60 - Seth Rollins / Tyler Black

60 - Sheamus O'Shaynessy

60 - Steven Regal

60 - Takeshi Morishima

60 - Toshiaki Kawada

60 - Ultimo Guerrero

50 - Abyss

50 - Adam Rose / Dameon Duke

50 - Adrian Neville / Pac

50 - Big E / Ettore Ewen

50 - Billy Gunn / Monty Sopp

50 - Bo Dallas / Taylor Rotunda

50 - Bray Wyatt / Windham Rotunda

50 - Chavo Guerrero Jr

50 - Chris Sabin

50 - CIMA

50 - Colt Cabana

50 - Curtis Axel / Joe Hennig

50 - Darren Young / Fred Sampson

50 - Davey Richards

50 - David Finlay

50 - David Otunga

50 - Dean Ambrose / Jon Moxley

50 - EC3 / Michael Hutter

50 - Eddie Edwards

50 - Eric Young

50 - Erick Rowan / Thoruf Marius

50 - Fandango / Johnny Curtis

50 - Fergal Devitt

50 - Go Shiozaki

50 - Goldust / Dustin Rhodes

50 - Great Sasuke

50 - Gunner / Phil Shatter

50 - Heath Slater / Heath Miller

50 - Jason Albert / Matt Bloom

50 - Jey Uso / Joshua Fatu

50 - Kofi Kingston

50 - Koji Kanemoto

50 - Luke Harper / Brodie Lee

50 - Matt Hardy

50 - Matt Sydal

50 - Mike Knox

50 - MVP

50 - Nick Dinsmore

50 - R-Truth / Ron Killings

50 - Raven

50 - Road Dogg / Brian Armstrong

50 - Rob Terry

50 - Rusev / Miroslav Barnyashev

50 - Satoshi Kojima

50 - Sean Waltman

50 - Shinjiro Otani

50 - Spud

50 - Tiger Mask IV

50 - Titus O'Neal / Thaddeus Bullard

50 - Tyson Kidd / TJ Wilson

50 - Volador Jr

50 - Wade Barrett / Stu Sanders

50 - Yoshihiro Tajiri

50 - Zack Ryder / Brett Major

Female

60 - AJ Lee / Miss April

60 - Brie Bella / Brianna Garcia

60 - Io Shirai

60 - Jessicka Havok

60 - Lana / CJ Perry

60 - Leva Bates

60 - Mio Shirai

60 - Nikki Bella / Nicole Garcia

60 - Paige / Britani Knight

50 - Alicia Fox / Victoria Crawford

50 - Angelina Love / Angel Williams

50 - Eva Marie

50 - Gail Kim

50 - Layla El

50 - Madison Rayne / Ashley Lane

50 - Mia Yim

50 - Nattie Neidhart

50 - Summer Rae / Danielle Moinet

50 - Taryn Terrell

50 - Velvet Sky / Talia Madison

EDIT

And this is the current set up for Sex Appeal

Male

90 - Dwayne Johnson

80 - John Morrison / John Hennigan

70 - Adam Cole

70 - Chris Jericho

70 - Shawn Michaels

60 - Jeff Hardy

60 - John Cena

60 - Matt Jackson

60 - Nick Jackson

60 - Randy Orton

50 - Dave Batista

50 - Dolph Ziggler / Nick Nemeth

Female

90 - AJ Lee / Miss April

90 - Brooke Adams

90 - Kelly Kelly / Barbie Blank

90 - Maryse Ouellet

90 - Stacy Keibler

90 - Trish Stratus

90 - Velvet Sky / Talia Madison

85 - Angelina Love / Angel Williams

80 - Brie Bella / Brianna Garcia

80 - Candice Michelle

80 - Eve Torres

80 - Lana / CJ Perry

80 - Michelle Mccool

80 - Mickie James

80 - Nikki Bella / Nicole Garcia

80 - Taryn Terrell

70 - Alicia Fox / Victoria Crawford

70 - Allysin Kay

70 - Dixie Carter

70 - Gail Kim

70 - Hannah Blossom

70 - Holly Blossom

70 - Jessie Mckay

70 - Kaitlyn / Celeste Bonin

70 - Katie Lea / Katarina Leigh

70 - Layla El

70 - Lita / Amy Dumas

70 - Madison Rayne / Ashley Lane

70 - Maria Kanellis

70 - Paige / Britani Knight

70 - Sara Jay

70 - Shanna

70 - Torrie Wilson

60 - Askana / Zivile Raudoniene

60 - Beth Phoenix

60 - Cheerleader Melissa

60 - Emma / Tenille Tayla

60 - Eva Marie

60 - Heidi Lovelace

60 - Io Shirai

60 - Kana

60 - Leva Bates

60 - Melina Perez

60 - Mia Yim

60 - Mio Shirai

60 - Nicole Matthews

60 - Reby Sky

60 - Sarah Stock

60 - Sexy Star

60 - Stephanie McMahon

60 - Summer Rae / Danielle Moinet

60 - Victoria / Lisa Marie Varon

50 - Jessicka Havok

50 - Tamina / Sarona Snuka

Edited by TheWho87

I will admit they were mostly sent from my limited knowledge of international wrestling at the time. I'd also say that the 90-100 range should be reserved for the best of the best.

Also as a base I've given a base level for sex appeal of 40 for females and 20 for males.

I know sex appeal isnt really a stat intended for males but there are some exceptions so I do like to factor it in some way since it does effect the on-screen qualities.