TEW13 Real World Update: March 2015

What would be the best way to have short names for workers who use "El Hijo del", "Mini" and "Pequeno"?

Also in most cases I havent changed workers who have one letter after their name for example Robbie X, on top of that people with Jr and numbered version I've also kept in for example Dr. Wagner Jr and Rayo Tapatio II short names are Wagner Jr and Tapatio II.

In the CV, names like Hijo Del XXX just have XXX as their short name. If the whole "Hijo Del XXX" fits in the short name, it might be worth putting it in though just to avoid confusion.

Yeah thats the problem, sicne they would likley be in the same with the other versions having the same name for example Los Piratas, they would be Morgan, Morgan and Morgan Jr.

Might be logical to have them as "Hijo del" with the usual short name, and the same with the "Mini" and "Pequeno" just to differentiate them.

My next issue is with "Boy", "Kid" and "Mask", these are usually at the end of names and it doesnt make sence to have them as a short name and in most cases using their prefixes cause that would lead to names like "Bad" or "Dance", so for these I might keel their short names as their full names unless their is any other visable option.

I'm upto the last group of names and then its just to sort out the contracts and everything will be sorted.

KC Cassidy and Jasmine Areebi have signed Development deals with the WWE. (http://www.gerweck.net/2015/03/16/wwe-signs-another-independent-diva/)

Jimmy Jacobs has signed with WWE as a member of the Creative Team, so I would personally put him in like Jamie Noble and Joey Mercury, as an Occasional Wrestler but defaulted as a Road Agent. (http://www.gerweck.net/2015/03/16/ring-of-honor-veteran-wrestler-leaving-soon-for-wwe-creative-job/)

Homicide returned to TNA, Drew Galloway is signed to TNA,

Edited by matbar

Ok I finished doing the short names, the main exceptions being those who would have had "Boy", "Man", "Lady", "Kid" and "Mask" as a short name.

I am looking into doing some changes to networks and carriers, nothing drastic just going through and doing changes with what TEW13 opened up. I'm not great with networks and such outside the UK so any imput for other regions would be helpful, otherwise I'm working from Wikipedia.

Edited by TheWho87

Looking at the networks and carriers, I was wondering the view towards the streaming/online options, these are the ones currently available.

PPV Carriers

- GFL Combat Sports

- Highspots

- Hulu

- HybridEnt.TV

- LiveSportsVideo

- RF Video Now

- Smart Mark Video

- Ustream

- WWN Live

- YouTube

TV Networks

- Hulu

- Ustream

- YouTube

Personally I dont mind their inclusion I'd just rather like to reduce the number of them since they are essentially set up the same way in terms of size and coverage.

I don't think HybridEnt.tv is still an active company.

The contract between CZW and Hybrid was terminated in January 2013.

UStream is no longer interested in wrestling. All contracts with wrestling companies ended in September/October 2014.

The main focus for GFL is MMA. They still stream wrestling, but only on rare occasions. (their only wrestling event for the next 5 months is IZW's Anniversary Show on March 21st)

LiveSportsVideo seems to stream amateur wrestling only. They once streamed 2CW but that was a few years ago.

Is Highspots actually a provider for live wrestling shows or do they only sell DVDs/stream shows after they are available on DVD?

I think Hulu is only available in the US and after a quick look on their website it seems they only stream WWE and MMA.

I think you can remove these companies.

RF Video (CZW, FWE, HoH, NYWC, PWS), Smart Mark (AAW, CZW, AIW, CHIKARA), WWN (DGUSA/EVOLVE, FIP, SHINE) should be the ppv carriers available for small and regional promotions.

YouTube should be the ppv provider for local and small promotions.

Online Stream should be the ppv provider for local promotions.

HighSpots do have an iPPV service mostly with CZW, WSU and PWX which are then on demand.

EDIT

Looking through the PPV deals there are a couple I couldent confirm for being recent (by recnt its been a few months I got distracted) so can anyone confirm/deny any of these deals.

All Japan

- Sky PerfecTV

Dragon Gate

- Sky PerfecTV

WWE

- Blue Ridge

- CanalSat

- Dish Network

- Main Event

- MTS

- Sky Deutschland

- Telus

Edited by TheWho87

HighSpots do have an iPPV service mostly with CZW, WSU and PWX which are then on demand.

EDIT

Looking through the PPV deals there are a couple I couldent confirm for being recent (by recnt its been a few months I got distracted) so can anyone confirm/deny any of these deals.

All Japan

- Sky PerfecTV

Dragon Gate

- Sky PerfecTV

WWE

- Blue Ridge

- CanalSat

- Dish Network

- Main Event

- MTS

- Sky Deutschland

- Telus

It looks like WWE is off of Dish Network, but TNA is on.

http://www.mydish.com/pay-per-view/sports-and-events/wrestling

I would personally add the WWE Network into the game, and have WWE PPVs and NXT TakeOver on, and add it as a TV Station for NXT.

I'm on the fence in regards to adding the WWE Network, there is the logic around what if WWE leave the network and then another promotion joins it thus being unrealistic. Personally I argue its a self created online streaming service and thats what the Online Stream option is designed for compared to the others which are services that offer streaming.

On an unrelated note I wanted to get a rough idea for what popularity levels would put workers into which searchable different bands, these are based on US levels in the current database so any variance for other regions is unknown but its a good point to work from. For future reference this info will be included in my future first posts.

0-19% = Unknown

20-39% = Regional Level

40-57% = Regional Star

58-62% = Recognisable

63-69% = Well Known

70-77% = Draw

78-84% = Star

85-92% = Huge Star

93-100% = Icon

I don't really think there's a way to represent the WWE Network in game as a concept like that and the On Demand systems becoming more common are relatively new additions to the industry. I would lean to not including it and having that covered in amongst the other deals and "misc income" in my mindset. You COULD have the WWE owned by the WWE Network to keep them comparable but a) it's possible for the parent company to go bust and WWE/NXT to disappear completely and b) it would cause the other media deals major problems and as most revenue is still from more conventional deals I'd argue against that.

Those were my main concerns with it, at the moment I've just given WWE and NXT a PPV with Online Stream, as well as NXT having a TV deal with Online Stream.

I'm looking into popularity especally for non-WWE/indies and was thinking about giving some guys a deserved boost, in most cases they have 5% popularity which to be was always a base to work off from but compating to the suggesgions for WWE and NXT I was thinking of rating popularity for non-WWE guys mostly in the US on a range from 5-30%, this would fit them in around WWE, NXT and TNA's current levels for midcard to openers.

Unless their is any issues the update should be out Wednesday and will include all incidents from WrestleMania and Raw. I do get a little lost in terms of TNA's pre-taped TV but I've added some of the stuff from their tapings namely roster additions and teams.

I have also been working on sorting out popularities for the indies and have done work on ROH and PWG as well as most of the UK promotions, if there are any names that seem low please point them out. Next month I'd like to sort out Japan and Mexico popularities but will need some help to get rough card positions.