2018 World Cup Qualifiers

DFF

Syria... Syria could qualify automatically for the World Cup if results go their way tonight. They are away at Iran, who are unbeaten and not even conceded in 9 games, and South Korea are away at Uzbekistan. If Syria beat Iran, that alone would be historic, and Uzbekistan lose to South Korea then Syria will qualify for the World Cup. Forget Leicester, this is the fairy tale. Even more spicy is that if they end up in a play-off place they will face Saudi Arabia.

If anything can bring the people of Syria together it might be the World Cup. Hell, its worth a try. We've tried bombing buildings but what about bombing down the wing instead, eh?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MDK said:

Syria... Syria could qualify automatically for the World Cup if results go their way tonight. They are away at Iran, who are unbeaten and not even conceded in 9 games, and South Korea are away at Uzbekistan. If Syria beat Iran, that alone would be historic, and Uzbekistan lose to South Korea then Syria will qualify for the World Cup. Forget Leicester, this is the fairy tale. Even more spicy is that if they end up in a play-off place they will face Saudi Arabia.

If anything can bring the people of Syria together it might be the World Cup. Hell, its worth a try. We've tried bombing buildings but what about bombing down the wing instead, eh?

Iran have qualified haven't they? Fingers crossed they play the under 14s.

24 minutes ago, Colly said:

Iran have qualified haven't they? Fingers crossed they play the under 14s.

Yep, qualified with ease. But the problem for Syria is that they have a bit of previous with Iran from the home match, something to do with the state of the pitch so I think Iran will be up for a tonking. And geo-politically I dunno if Iran and Syria are BFF's.

Still, stuck a quid on Syria to win and Uzbekistan to win.

Saudi's can go through tonight if they beat Japan (Who have already qualified) anything less than a win though sends the Aussies through (The less said about our game vs the Thai's the better)

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

FB_IMG_1504610252148.jpg

I'm sorry but I'd never want my child's first experience of this world to be England at a World Cup. I'd like to wait a couple of years before they realised the world was a series of inevitable dissapointments.

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

I'd like to wait a couple of years before they realised the world was a series of inevitable dissapointments.

So you want to wait for the Euro's? You'll never have kids. 

Australia vs Syria in a play-off could be tasty!

• Admin

Fifa has ordered the World Cup qualifier between South Africa and Senegal be replayed after the referee awarded a penalty for a nonexistent handball and was banned for life for match manipulation.

The game, which South Africa won 2-1 in November last year, will be replayed this November on a date still to be decided. It says it made the decision to order a replay after the court of arbitration for sport upheld a life ban for the referee in question, Joseph Lamptey of Ghana.

Fifa found Lamptey guilty of breaching the rule relating to “unlawfully influencing match results”.

He gave a penalty for a nonexistent handball against the Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly during the game in Polokwane, South Africa. Replays showed the ball struck Koulibaly’s knee and dropped to the ground.

South Africa scored the penalty and went on to win the qualifier for their only victory so far in the final round of qualifiers in Africa. A different result could have a big impact on the South Africa-Senegal group. Senegal trail the joint-leaders Burkina Faso and Cape Verde by a point.

18 minutes ago, Adam said:

Gonna be wild if we get Peru, Panama, Syria and Burkina Faso in the World Cup Finals. 

Its insane at the moment. On one had we get those teams, but on the other hand no Cameroon, possibly no Senegal, possibly no Ghana, possibly No USA, but the biggest shock would be no Argentina who are in mad danger.

• Like 1