2018 World Cup Qualifiers

DFF

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Have the Ivory Coast qualified? I'll pull for them since I have a soft spot for them, stemming from them being the only National team to give me a job in my first venture into Football Manager (2007!).

Not yet but I think they will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Buy an Iceland shirt and enjoy. USA 94 is one of my favourite World Cups despite no England representation. 

Perhaps it's partly because of no English representation. Other than Euro 96 for obvious reasons, Euro 2008 has been my favourite version of that tournament, and I think not having to concern myself with England was a bit part of it.

• Like 2

I loved the last World Cup as England were eliminated so early. It meant the BBC/ITV coverage had to talk about the matches taking place at half time instead of going to some bullshit report from the England camp. Seriously, has Gabriel Clarke ever actually been to a football match?

• Like 3

I don't know where to put this but after this week's results, seedings for the UEFA Nations League have been confirmed and England are in the A League. Wales' loss means they slipped out in favour of the Dutch and will be in the B League instead, along with both Irelands.

I dunno, I mean. He failed to get us to a major tournament which really has to be the only real goal for us, but at the same time, it's the best squad we've had playing the best football  (Yeah ok lol) we've played for a long, long time. So maybe he's failed the squad rather than the other way round but who else could you bring in to take that job?

I like Strachan, Scotland has clearly progressed under him but its still not enough. I don't think McLeish is the answer but I'm sure he'll be a candidate.

Been mentioned already along with Derek McInnes and David Moyes, inevitably.

They need to find someone who has a clearly defined playing style that suits the best players Scotland have. Easier said than done, I know, but I can't say I blame them for ditching Strachan. He's done alright but ultimately they've failed to make the Play Offs in back-to-back campaigns and that has to go down as a failure unfortunately.

Whoever comes in has a great platform to make an immediate impact due to the new Nations League.

Should've kept him, honestly, with the UEFA Nations League coming you could've given him til the end of the group stages of that to potentially qualify for the Euros and sacked him if him didn't do that. Up against the likes of Albania and Cyprus they'd have definitely had a chance.

58 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Fuck off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41602684

Alex McLeish says it would be "hard" to say no if the Scottish Football Association asked him to manage the national side for a second time.

Gordon Strachan left the post on Thursday, four days after the team failed to qualify for the World Cup.

Ex-Scotland winger Pat Nevin says David Moyes would be the ideal successor.

His fellow former internationals Barry Ferguson and Kris Commons have praised Paul Lambert, while Ally McCoist says Sam Allardyce should be a contender.

Allardyce left his post as England manager last September after only one match in charge, before spending five months at Crystal Palace.

McCoist told BBC Radio 5 live: "If Big Sam would come up to Scotland... he's a great manager. Big Sam is a very, very good manager."

McCoist endearing himself further to you :shifty: 

25 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I'm available 

At this stage of your career it is a downward step.