2018 World Cup Qualifiers

DFF

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I didn't realise Greece's game was against Gibraltar however, so realistically that does mean that all Wales and Scotland need to do here is win and they make the Play Offs because they would finish ahead of Greece. Let's hope that happens!

Well, if by some luck Serbia don't beat Georgia, Wales get top spot with a win! If Serbia somehow lose, then either Wales or Republic of Ireland get top spot by winning, so I'm anticipating a feisty game on Monday :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hugobomb said:

Didn't Kosovo only get their FIFA status just before the qualification draw? I'm assuming there wasn't time to change the rules before the start of the qualifiers.

Or FIFA are being silly, your pick:shifty:

I mean, it takes all of 5 seconds to say "games against last placed side also count now" to be fair :P. It wouldn't require any actual changes to anything, if anything it would be easier than having to do the arithmetic removing the results against the group whipping boys.

All moot anyway due to the Greece-Gibraltar game, and of course Wales can still qualify outright but I can't see Serbia failing to win at home to Georgia.

Myke loves taking a kick at us but it would genuinely be gutting to get so far as to actually finish 2nd in the group and still not qualify.

• Sad 1

I want as many of the Home Nations as possible to qualify. It's been far too long since one other than England last qualified. There are people at university now who've never seen Scotland at a major tournament in their lifetime, and I hope that changes soon.

36 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Myke loves taking a kick at us but it would genuinely be gutting to get so far as to actually finish 2nd in the group and still not qualify.

I cant decide what I want more. Scotland not qualifying even after finishing second or making it to the finals and placing below Syria :shifty: 

21 minutes ago, MDK said:

I cant decide what I want more. Scotland not qualifying even after finishing second or making it to the finals and placing below Syria :shifty: 

This is because you're mean. We'll see who's laughing after Syria eliminate you in the quarters :@

Just now, Kaney said:

This is because you're mean. We'll see who's laughing after Syria eliminate you in the quarters :@

Well hey, I wouldn't be so mean if the rest of the UK and Ireland weren't all "OH ANYWUN BUT INGLUND HURR DURR DEY ALWYS SOOO MEAN 2 US I WUNT SPPRT INGLEND AT WROLD COPS OR UROS" and I reply to them saying "Dear boy, I always want the Home Nations to do well but your inferiority complex gets the best of you and you take it out on God's Sweet England, thusly I must make witty insults towards you lot FUCKING HAVE SOME ENGERLAND ENGERLAND ENGERLAND YOU'RE GOING HOME IN A FUCKING AMBULANCE"

• Like 2

I have no problem with England doing well at tournaments. Good luck to them.

What is annoying, is whenever the idea that no winter break is fucking them over in major tournaments, when in fact it glosses over them being shit. Wales had players in their Euro's side that played the gruelling Football League schedule before it, and still made the semi's. It comes to something when a lot of English people here couldn't give a fuck about the national team anymore. 

Just now, Baddar said:

I have no problem with England doing well at tournaments. Good luck to them.

What is annoying, is whenever the idea that no winter break is fucking them over in major tournaments, when in fact it glosses over them being shit. Wales had players in their Euro's side that played the gruelling Football League schedule before it, and still made the semi's. It comes to something when a lot of English people here couldn't give a fuck about the national team anymore. 

I also hate that. I also hate this insistence that somehow CL experience is needed to play for England. In a perfect world I'd like to see all the home nations in the World Cup... but only so we can help get the Scots eliminated in the group stage :shifty: '96 neva4get. I swear Seaman let in that goal against the Dutch just so the Jocks would get knocked out.

Half the time, I think people (and maybe even the players themselves) think England can just show up to these tournaments and piss over sides and make the latter stages. It's all about attitude. Steve McClaren on Sky covering the game against Iceland was a joke. And wasn't it before that game that Hart was being super disrespectful in the tunnel as if they were nobodies?

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Half the time, I think people (and maybe even the players themselves) think England can just show up to these tournaments and piss over sides and make the latter stages. It's all about attitude. Steve McClaren on Sky covering the game against Iceland was a joke. And wasn't it before that game that Hart was being super disrespectful in the tunnel as if they were nobodies?

Oh yeah the superiority complex. Its fine when you are actually good but when you are a bit shit, well... We cant really back it up. But I'll give Hart a pass on the disrespect if it was just a bit of gamesmanship.

27 minutes ago, MDK said:

Oh yeah the superiority complex. Its fine when you are actually good but when you are a bit shit, well... We cant really back it up. But I'll give Hart a pass on the disrespect if it was just a bit of gamesmanship.

This, it's the superiority complex from you lot that makes us want you to get beat. I don't hate the English until there's a football tourney on and you all turn insufferable <_<

Both sides of the argument irritate me. There's the largely undeserved English arrogance, and then there's the "brave warriors fighting against the evil empire" attitude from the other Home Nations. I like to think that most people are more rational, but it's the minority of twats that are annoying. Adrian Chiles was a particularly awful host when it came to asinine dismissals of other nations, while Jonathan Davies' little man complex whenever Wales play England at rugby is equally stupid.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kaney said:

This, it's the superiority complex from you lot that makes us want you to get beat. I don't hate the English until there's a football tourney on and you all turn insufferable <_<

no u

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you but please don't use Steve McClaren as an example as if everyone, or even many people, are like him. He's our least successful manager in at least the last 20 years and is a well known Muppet of the highest order.

I'm trying to watch today's game, bit difficult with the lack of intrigue on it, but I do like this 3-5-2 system for England, I think it can work really well at the World Cup but we need a centre midfielder in there capable of finding a killer pass. Henderson barely even tries and he just comes across like a waste of a body, not doing his job. And he's one of the players in the team today who usually starts whereas half the team is squad players.