2018 World Cup Qualifiers

DFF

17 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Wales not qualifying is shit. If nothing else I'm gutted for Bale. 

Bale not making it there is the silver lining for Me, personally >_>

• Admin

Draw procedure

The eight teams will be seeded in two pots with the four highest-ranked teams placed in one pot. The ranking will be based on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking published on 16 October. One team will be drawn from Pot 1 and the other will be drawn from Pot 2, with the two balls then placed into a third pot. These two balls will be stirred again and drawn one by one. The first ball drawn will be the home team for the first leg. The same process will be repeated for the remaining balls in each pot.

Very disappointing by Wales to lose this game. I expect Coleman will be off now, so Ryan Giggs to lead them into Euro 2020 qualifiers?

Huge missed opportunity. Same for Scotland. England might be dull as dishwater but at least we always qualify with no worries.

37 minutes ago, Adam said:

Very disappointing by Wales to lose this game. I expect Coleman will be off now, so Ryan Giggs to lead them into Euro 2020 qualifiers?

Huge missed opportunity. Same for Scotland. England might be dull as dishwater but at least we always qualify with no worries.

Not a lot you can do when your best player is hurt, and your second best player gets concussed early on. They gave it everything though, can't fault any of them. 

Won't be Giggs, he never gave a fuck about the national team as a player, won't as a coach. Chris Coleman will either change his mind, or they'll give it to Osian Roberts. 

46 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Draw procedure

The eight teams will be seeded in two pots with the four highest-ranked teams placed in one pot. The ranking will be based on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking published on 16 October. One team will be drawn from Pot 1 and the other will be drawn from Pot 2, with the two balls then placed into a third pot. These two balls will be stirred again and drawn one by one. The first ball drawn will be the home team for the first leg. The same process will be repeated for the remaining balls in each pot.

That's a bit elaborate. I thought they'd just have the higher seeded team play the second leg at home, but I think this is actually a bit better. I'd rather they didn't have a seeding system at all, mind.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

If Syria win, are they through, or is there another qualifier to play?

Winners advance to the inter-confederation playoff (most likely against Panama or Honduras) next month.

Having lived there I obviously would love Australia to qualify - however that said Syria will never have such a good a chance as this to qualify. and all things considering, them doing the job would be an amazing story.