(CIS) Thanks.

Gay

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Gay

the Town of Gay was incorporated as Gay Urban :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lineker said:

Eesh, those aren't cheap! Gonna be interesting to see how the allocations go (ie who actually fills theirs) 

Also, for those that missed it, the OFC Nations Cup was last month. It doubles up as the second round for the OFC qualifying zone. New Zealand won the tournament on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Papua New Guinea in the final.

The six teams that qualified for the third round are: New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, Tahiti and Fiji. These wil lbe drawn into two groups of three, where they will play home and away round robin matches. The two group winners face each other in a two legged final round. This team will face the 5th placed team in the CONMEBOL qualifying section over two legs for one of the final spots at the tournament.

8 hours ago, DFF said:

Eesh, those aren't cheap! Gonna be interesting to see how the allocations go (ie who actually fills theirs) 

Also, for those that missed it, the OFC Nations Cup was last month. It doubles up as the second round for the OFC qualifying zone. New Zealand won the tournament on penalties after a 0-0 draw with Papua New Guinea in the final.

The six teams that qualified for the third round are: New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Solomon Islands, Tahiti and Fiji. These wil lbe drawn into two groups of three, where they will play home and away round robin matches. The two group winners face each other in a two legged final round. This team will face the 5th placed team in the CONMEBOL qualifying section over two legs for one of the final spots at the tournament.

The abbreviated version of this is that New Zealand will play the 5th place team from CONMEBOL for a spot in the finals.

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

The abbreviated version of this is that New Zealand will play the 5th place team from CONMEBOL for a spot in the finals.

While they are the comfortable favourites, it's probably worth pointing out that they only narrowly defeated the Solomon Islands (1-0) and New Caledonia (1-0), as well as needed pens to beat PNG. I haven't seen the seedings (if there are any) for the draw, but if PNG were to win the other group, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 13:26, DFF said:

CAF

The 3rd round draw takes place on Friday.

Just realised I didn't post the draw results!

The qualification process from now on is quite simple in CAF - five groups of four, with the teams playing each other hand-and-away. Winner of each group qualifies for the WC finals. The groups are as follows:

A
Tunisia
Libya
DR Congo
Guinea

B
Zambia
Cameroon
Algeria
Nigeria

C
Gabon
Mali
Ivory Coast
Morocco

D
Senegal
South Africa
Burkina Faso
Cape Verde

E
Ghana
Egypt
Congo
Uganda

Algeria, Nigeria and Cameroon all in the same group? Ouch.

• Like 1

Ivory Coast and Morocco in the same group is a fucker too.

• Like 2

Are we starting the Africa puns now? Good job JHS isn't in here, it could Senegal crazy. 

Fine, fine, I'll take Mali-eave.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

DR Congo stand a great chance of topping their group, especially if Afobe opts to play for them.

I prefer Nurse Namibia myself

I have no idea what "Treating his own social and high performance context" means and, frankly, I don't want to know.

We're not actually far off the next set of international fixtures, so here's a look at where each zone stands.

AFC

They are into their final group phase - two groups of five, play each other twice, top two from each qualify for the world cup, and the 3rd place teams play-off for a spot in the interconfederation play-offs.

First games are on the 1st September.

In group A, it's Iran vs Qatar, South Korea vs China PR, and Uzbekistan vs Syria.
In Group B, it is Australia vs Iraq, Japan vs UAE, and Saudi Arabia vs Thailand.

CAF

Also in their final group stage. They have 5 groups of 4, the winners from each group qualify. They don't start playing until the 3rd October.

In Group A it's Tunisia vs Guinea and DR Congo vs Libya
In B it's Algeria vs Cameroon and Zambia vs Nigeria.
In C it's Ivory Coast vs Mali and Gabon vs Morocco
In D it's Senegal vs Cape Verde and Burkina Faso vs South Africa
In E it's Ghan vs Uganda and Congo vs Egypt.

Concacaf

Are still on their penultimate round (three groups of 4, top 2 from each quality for 'The Hexagon'). Mexico are already through.

Final set of fixtures are:

Group A: El Salvador vs Mexico and Honduras vs Canada (2nd Sept), then Mexico vs Honduras and Canada vs El Salvador (6th Sept)
Group B: Haiti vs Costa Rica and Panama vs Jamaica (2nd Sept), then Costa Rica vs Panama and Jamaica vs Haiti (6th Sept)
Group C: St. Vincent & the Grandines vs USA and Trinidad & Tobago vs Guatemala (2nd Sept), then USA vs Trinidad & Tobago, and Guatemala vs St. Vincent & the Granadines 96th Sept).

Conmebol

They have had 6 matchdays so far. The fixtures for the 7th (1st September) is as follows:

Colombia vs Venezuela
Paraguay vs Chile
Argentina vs Uruguay
Ecuador vs Brazil
Bolivia vs Peru

OFC

Are onto their penultimate round (2 groups of 3, winners play each other in a two legged final for the right to play in the intercontinental play off).

Dates are TBC, but match day 1 will see New Zealand face New Caledonia and Tahiti face the Solomon Islands, sometime in November.

UEFA

Opening games take place between the 4th and 6th of September. The opening fixtures are:

Group A:
Belarus vs France
Bulgaria vs Luxembourg
Sweden vs Netherlands

B:
Andorra vs Latvia
Faroe Islands vs Hungary
Switzerland vs Portugal

C:
San Marino vs Azerbaijan
Czech Republic vs Northern Ireland
Norway vs Germany

D:
Georgia vs Austria
Serbia vs Ireland
Wales vs Moldova

E:
Denmark vs Armenia
Kazakhstan vs Poland
Romania vs Montenegro

F:
Lithuania vs Slovenia
Slovakia vs England
Malta vs Scotland

G:
Albania vs Macedonia
Israel vs Italy
Spain vs Liechtenstein

H:
Bosnia & Herzegovina vs Estonia
Cyprus vs Belgium
Gibraltar vs Greece

I:
Croatia vs Turkey
Finland vs Kosovo
Ukraine vs Iceland.

• Like 5

Thanks for keeping us updated on these DFF, the progression of qualification intrigues me and it's hard to keep up with sometimes.

• Like 1

6 games into CONMEBOL's qualifying, and Brazil sit 6th, outside of even the play-off place that Uruguay usually need to qualify.

• Like 1

It's annoying that CONMEBOL get 4.5 qualifying places out of 10. 

15 hours ago, Adam said:

Thanks for keeping us updated on these DFF, the progression of qualification intrigues me and it's hard to keep up with sometimes.

No probs, I'll always been a bit of a nerd for these sorts of things :)

• Like 1

Robbie Keane has announced his retirement from international football following Republic of Ireland’s friendly against Oman next Wednesday. The 36-year-old calls time on his 18-year international career having made a record 145 senior appearances for his country and scored 67 goals, more than three times more than his nearest rival.

Robbie :(

Hands down the greatest sportsman in this country in a long, long time. The stats are there but he'll never truly get the credit for how fantastic he's been. 

He's regressed in recent years but has always been worthy of place both on and off the pitch. A true credit to his profession and never shied away travelling half away across the world the pull on the green shirt for a friendly. You'll be missed Robbie but your place is history is assured :(

Really want to go this but ticketmaster has frozen with the demand spike!

• Like 1

Thierry Henry is the new assistant manager of the Belgian national team.

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Thierry Henry is the new assistant manager of the Belgian national team.

Actually he's second assistant alongside Graeme Jones. What a strange trio they've put together there with Martinez, I doubt many people expected that when Wilmots left.