The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

If you thought last year's Super Bowl half-time extravaganza was wild, see what happens when Homer is running the show! In The Simpsons post-Super Bowl XXXIX episode, "Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass" airing Sunday, Feb. 6, after Homer inadvertently performs a wild crowd-pleasing dance at a local carnival, he is hired by several prolific sports figures including LeBron James, Warren Sapp, Yao Ming and Michelle Kwan, guest-starring as themselves, to choreograph their victory dances. After his dances prove successful, Homer is tapped to choreograph the Super Bowl halftime show. Panicked the night before the event, Homer enlists the help of his neighbor, Ned Flanders, and together they put on a non-violent, deeply meaningful halftime show that America chastises for its blatant display of decency.

Fox has released details of Season Sixteen's big names to help draw fans back to the show. In addition to the four stars in the Super Bowl special mentioned earlier, TV and film stars Ray Romano, Kim Catrall, James Caan, and rapper 50 Cent have been lined up to star in the next season of The Simpsons. Romano will play Homer's new best friend, Ray Magini, while Kim Catrall stars as Marge's former high school pal. Journalist Chloe Talbot; rapper 50 Cent; architect Frank Gehry; and author Thomas Pynchon will star as themselves, and Joe Mantegna will reprise his role as Fat Tony. Season 16 is set to officially premiere on November 14, though as always the Treehouse Of Horror special is expected a week earlier, albeit 7 days after Halloween. More details will come leading up to the season.

http://www.simpsonschannel.com

Edited by Jimmy the Exploder

Guest seattlebandfan9

Meh...I still like the Simpsons, and yes the show has slipped in quality since it's prime.

I will be more than likely watching the new season as always.

I've been watching fewer and fewer episodes in these last few seasons. I used to never miss an episode of the Simpsons, but lately, they seem to re-use a lot of ideas, and any time they can't come up with a good story, they fall back on either tossing useless guest voices into an episode, or having the Simpsons go somewhere, as an excuse to have Homer say "The Simpsons are going to ____!"

I think the moment that it finally hit me and I decided to not even bother watching anymore was when they blatantly re-used a joke from a previous episode (Homer saying "I'm not gonna lie to you, Marge." and then leaving it at that). They didn't even change the context or delivery...just cut-and-paste it into the script.

Seriously, I am a huge fan of the older episodes, but it seems like the show has changed from the days when you could spend an entire conversation quoting random lines from one episode, all of them good, to how it is now, where there are just a handful of quality lines, on a good day.

Right now, I am still a HUGE fan of Futurama (seriously, why they ever cancel that show?), but really, at this point, I think one of the best-written cartoons on TV is Southpark, without a doubt.

I am doubting whether or not I'll even be giving this season of the Simpsons a chance at this point...

Guest Cereal Killer

Yeah, The Simpsons are really getting stale over the last few seasons. They should've retired it gracefully around '99.

Family Guy was THE best cartoon show ever created and I have no idea why it was canceled. They had some of the best lines I've ever heard.

50 Cent is going to be on the Simpsons.....

*Shudders*

Actually, I doubt there would be a Simpsons/Family Guy crossover because Groening and McFarlene don't like each other. Peter does make an apperance on an episode of the Simpsons when he is shown as one of Homer's clones in Treehouse of Horror 14.

Thankfully Family Guy is coming back to Fox. Thanks DVD!

- The Dork Knight

Guest fultie

damn... i dunno why i said eric.. maybe i was thinkin about my name.. or maybe i was thinkin eric clapton.. both of their last names start with c....

im such a goose

I love the Simpsons, they are the best cartoon ever IMO. Even the last season wasn't that bad, I still enjoyed it even though it wasn't as good as past seasons though.

I've haven't watched a episode of the Simpsons for months. When I was younger I wouldn't miss an episode. It was a thing I done everyday. Now it's just a programme to watch if nothing else is on.

I think Simpson jumped the shark when they went to Computer generated animation rather than the old fashion way. The characters lost their crudeness personality wise and drawing wise.. and it just seemed ever since then the writing has gotten worse.

I mean you can distinctly tell a difference between the old school Simpsons and this load of B.S. they got out. I almost don't even consider this stuff "The Simpsons anymore"..

I went to Dallas last week, and caught for the first time in probably two years old school Simpsons. In my town we get nothing but 2000 - 2003 Reruns over and over.. heh, the episode happened to be the one where Lisa gets a Pony and the one where Bart goes to France and almost instantly I was laughing..

Was it because Homer was being a moron like he is now?

NO

Homer: I work from midnight to eight, come home, sleep for five minutes, eat breakfast, sleep six more minutes, shower, then I have ten minutes to bask in Lisa's love, then I'm off to the power plant, fresh as a daisy.

Guest Tommy M. Wing

QUOTE]Family Guy was THE best cartoon show ever created and I have no idea why it was canceled. They had some of the best lines I've ever heard.