The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

The best EVER episode of The Simpsons was:

Homer Simpson vs The City of New York.

Just a shame we'll never see it again :(

Canada still shows it every now and again. But the best Episode is Homer At The Bat & Flaming Moe's, both of which I have on the Season 3 DVD

Best Abe Simpson quote ever :

Seeeeex?  Whats so unappealing about hearing your elderly father talk about seeeex?  I've had seeeex!

And why wouldn't they show the Homer V New York episode?

A lot of the episode takes place near the World Trade Center

One of the best scenes in that episode actually involves the World Trade Center - He eats a bunch of that food on a stick (forget what it was called) and washes it down with crab juice. A LOT of crab juice. Then he needs to go to the bathroom, so he runs into one of towers of the WTC. The bathroom is closed (or the line is long - I forget which), so he runs out and into the other tower, and you hear him peeing for quite a long time, before letting out a moan of relief. (You don't actually see him inside the WTC, iirc)

One of the best scenes in that episode actually involves the World Trade Center - He eats a bunch of that food on a stick (forget what it was called) and washes it down with crab juice.

The food is Klabcolash or something. I've spelt it how it sounds.

I don't understand why they wouldn't air that episode, i mean it involved the World Trade Centre, and i know it no longer exists, but you can't forget that it ever existed. After all it was a famous landmark, and we can't forget that it ever existed.

One of the best scenes in that episode actually involves the World Trade Center - He eats a bunch of that food on a stick (forget what it was called) and washes it down with crab juice.

Cow Kulash

Guest The Psychotic One

If anything, perhaps a Futurama/Simpsons crossover where one cast member ends up in the future for (part of) an episode.

There's actually a comic book version of a Simpsons/Futurama crossover, and it's all to do with those big brains from the Futurama series. I have Issue #1 kicking around here somewhere... but I could never find the second issue to buy.

Cow Kulash

It's Klav Kalash

Edited by Mortified Penguin

I don't understand why they wouldn't air that episode, i mean it involved the World Trade Centre, and i know it no longer exists, but you can't forget that it ever existed. After all it was a famous landmark, and we can't forget that it ever existed.

The only place I could really see it not being aired is New York. And I'm not sure if I saw it on Ch. 5 out there.

***SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS***

'Simpsons' Will Out a Gay Character

Is it Smithers? Moe? Comic Book Guy?

By Gary Susman, Entertainment Weekly

After 15 seasons, one of the characters on ''The Simpsons'' is finally coming out of the closet, setting the stage for TV's first cartoon gay wedding. So says producer Al Jean, who told fans at last weekend's Comic-con convention in San Diego that an episode in the coming season will address the currently topical issue of gay marriage. ''We have a show where, to raise money, Springfield legalizes gay marriage,'' Jean said, according to the Associated Press. ''Homer becomes a minister by going on the Internet and filling out a form. A longtime character comes out of the closet, but I'm not saying who.''

''It's Homer!'' joked creator Matt Groening. OK, it's not Homer, but who? The obvious guess would be nuclear plant owner Mr. Burns' assistant, Waylon Smithers, who's always harbored a barely veiled crush on his ancient boss, but we doubt that Mr. Burns would want to reciprocate, much less make it official with a walk down the aisle. Could it be a bartender Moe? Homer's pals Larry and Carl? Comic Book Guy, who seems to have no romantic life at all? Or one of the female characters?

Other revelations about the upcoming season: Guest voices will include Ray Romano, Kim Cattrall, 50 Cent, and James Caan. Groening also addressed the reports that a ''Simpsons'' big-screen movie is getting underway, telling conventioneers that work probably won't begin in earnest on the film until the series goes off the air. Given the still-strong ratings for TV's longest-running sitcom, that probably won't be any time soon.

The part in bold I find funny as everyone should love LENNY... I guess not enough to get his name right. And I personally think it's gonna be someone COMPLETELY unexpected like Ned Flanders.

Thoughts?