The Simpsons

Lord Nibbler

I still will watch the Simpsons a lot when I'm at college. Where I am, it's on about five times a weekday. I usually only see it four times, since the last airing competes with Futurama or Family Guy with Adult Swim.

Oh, and if I got some Simpsons' DVDs, what would be worth it? I know the good seasons are from like 3-10. But I ain't going to buy that many, although only the first four are available now.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Guest NotMeekin

and I was saying that he took his name off the cross over to say that a familyguy/simpsons crossover wouldn't go over well

and I too would like to know why they dont like eachother

Guest Iron Mary

When even the makers of the show think they need to rely on celebrity appearances to keep the show afloat, I think it's time to call it quits. About the only time I laugh during a new Simpsons episode is if the writers insert a small joke about the declining quality of the show (I swear they've done it before), and the Peter Griffin cameo.

well Mr. Greoning (Spelling, Creator guy) took his name off the episode when the simpsons met Jay Sherman

Anyone else remember when Bart watched a TV commercial for 'The Flinstones Meet The Jetsons' and said "Oh boy, I smell another cheap cartoon crossover" just before Homer walked in with Jay? That was funny...

Which episode is it where he meets/goes on tour with Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins, Peter Frampton, etc. etc. for the "Hullabullalooza" (sp) tour? It was just on last night..

Most great Simpson's lines include Abe Simpson.

Homer: Hey boy! Wanna play catch?

Bart: No thanks dad.

Homer: When a son doesn't want to play catch with his father something is definitely wrong.

Grandpa Simpson: I'll play catch with you!

Homer: Go home.

[1F12] Lisa Vs Malibu Stacey

I leave [as inheritance] these: a box of mint-condition 1918 liberty-head silver dollars. You see, back in those days, rich men would ride around in Zeppelins, dropping coins on people, and one day I seen J. D. Rockefeller flying by. So I run of the house with a big washtub and… hey! Where are you going?

... Anyway, about my washtub. I’d just used it that morning to wash my turkey, which in those days was known as... a walking bird. We'd always have walking bird on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings: cranberries, injun eyes, yams stuffed with gunpowder. Then we'd all watch football, which in those days was called "baseball"...

... Eh, why didn't you get something useful, like storm windows, or a nice pipe organ? I'm thirsty! Ew, what smells like mustard? There're sure a lot of ugly people in your neighborhood. Oh! Look at that one. Ow, my glaucoma just got worse. The president isn’t Democrat! Hello? I can't unbuckle my seat belt. Hello? [honks car horn] There are too many leaves in your walkway...

[9F15] Last Exit To Springfield

We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell ‘em stories that don’t go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

[3F19] Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"

My story begins in Nineteen dickety two. We had to say "dickety" because the Kaiser had stolen our word for "twenty." I chased him down the road but gave up after dickety-six miles...

[DABF02] Jaws Wired Shut

Three wars back we called Sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" and we called liberty cabbage "super slaw" and back then a suitcase was known as a "Swedish lunch box." Of course, nobody knew that but me. Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling...

[DABF19] Treehouse of Horror XIII

Then after World War Two, it got kinda quiet, 'till Superman challenged FDR to a race around the world. FDR beat him by a furlong, or so the comic books would have you believe. The truth lies somewhere in between...

More of Abe Simpson (I totally agree that he has most of the best lines, and these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head)

Who's laughing now, cloud? Hahahahahaha....SHUT UP!

Call me mint jelly, cuz I'm on the lam! drives off in a motorized wheelchair

*tug* Sixty one......*tug* sixty two........*tug* sixty three....OH MY GOD! SIXTY-THREE! I sent my only grandson to a watery gra*tug*SIXTY FOUR! He found the treasure!

Marge: Strained carrots for Maggie...and strained carrots for Grandpa.

Abe: I want a bib too!

Just out of curiosity... Conan O'Brien was a writer for the Simpsons, right?  What are some notable episodes he has written?

Not that I know of, he wasn't. I do know, he was a writer for Saturday Night Live though, perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Guest seattlebandfan9

Conan also wrote one of my favorite episodes, the one where Homer goes to college to get his degree in nuclear physics for the Power Plant. The three nerds, etc.

Homerpalooza is also one of my favs.

The episodes that Conan wrote included New Kid on the Block, Marge vs. the Monorail and Homer Goes to College, and he probably wrote jokes in a few other eps. He was a writer on the show from 1992 to 1995.

Edited by Psicosis