Bloodborne

Maxx

I got fed up with Father Gasciogne, so I decide to try using the Beckonging Bell, which brought me some dude with a huge hammer that promptly kicked the shit out of him for me.

I've got this (and Dying Light) coming soon so I'm excited to dig into it. I'm basically a novice with these things, having played about two hours of Dark Souls and an hour of Demons Souls so I'm definitely not going to be incredibly frustrated at the learning curve and give up immediately. No, sir.

Got the 40,000 I needed for the Blade of Mercy and am super disappointed in it. I'm sure down the line with more stamina and some gems that add fire damage it'll be great, but right now, ehhh. Then again, probably not meant to acquire it this early on.

Oh just wait until you see his beast form.

Did some suicide runs to grab some runes and the Tonitrus, a mace charged with lightning. I can also now access some Chalice Dungeons, but I have no idea if I'm strong enough to do them yet. Leaning towards no.

Came across a boss that I knew I would need some assistance with, as its actually two at once...so I rang my bell and managed to get not one, but two hunters to come into my world and assist.

Oh I saw his beast form, I managed to get him down to about 1/3 of his life bar, and then I lost everything.

Grinded a little bit today and now have the Kirkhammer, which is bloody lovely. Debating whether to go all in on round two with the Father or throw a couple more levels into my Vitality.

I've gotta say though, for someone who never played Dark Souls, this has got to be one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long, long time. It's genuinely rewarding. Definite early contender for GOTY.

You never played Dark Souls!? Fix that! Or at least get the Dark Souls 2 re-release. (I haven't played DS2 yet either)

I want to buy the Kirkhammer, but I've got a skill based build going right now since I started with the Threaded Cane. My skill is up at 25, so it's scaling the cane's damage nicely, but I think only the Blade of Mercy is the only other skill based weapon.

You never played Dark Souls!? Fix that! Or at least get the Dark Souls 2 re-release. (I haven't played DS2 yet either)

I want to buy the Kirkhammer, but I've got a skill based build going right now since I started with the Threaded Cane. My skill is up at 25, so it's scaling the cane's damage nicely, but I think only the Blade of Mercy is the only other skill based weapon.

I have it on Xbox, it was one of the Games with Gold last year. I just never played it because I had no idea what it was. But yeah, this is making me want to revisit it because holy shit, it's wonderful.

Made Father Gascoigne my bitch on the 3rd attempt. Now I have to go to places that I've never seen before and that's horrifying. I now know Central Yharnam like the back of my hand and the idea of going into alien territory makes me very, very scared.