Bloodborne

Maxx

Church Giants? Lock on, roll behind them when they swing their axe, then its pretty easy to just stay behind them and land some shots till they eventually die. The one with the wrecking ball is trickier.

See I took down the one with the wrecking ball with relative ease. Waited until he swung overhead and then cut loose with the Kirkhammer. Only took two or three rounds. It was the one walking up and down the stairs who bested me in about two hits.

I will tell you this, don't kill the boss that's way up at the top of the stairs right away, as she triggers the shift to night time, where things get harder.

Its kind of a mini hub. Up the stairs where that giant is, is just more giants, but after that there are more stairs, and then a landing where you can go in three directions.

Straight ahead is Vicar Amelia, who will trigger nightfall once you kill her.

To the left is Hemwick Charnal Lane, where there's witches, crazy old ladies and the thing you need to allow you to use runes

To the right, there are at least two hunters, one with a very annoying gun and one with the Tonitrus, the electrified mace I mentioned a few days ago. I believe there's another area to be explored beyond them, that's where I'm headed to next.

If you go from the lamp in the cathedral and to the left, then down the stairs, you'll eventually find your way into Old Yarham, which I found to be kind of fun and the Blood Starved Beast is the boss down there. Beating him will start populating the Cathedral Ward with Snatchers, sack carrying guys who can kill you pretty quickly. But if you let them kill you, at least the first time you see one, they'll take you to a prison type place, and down there you can do some suicide runs to get a rune and the Tonitrus.

I've found It's as in depth as you want it to be. Like if you want to know the story you actually have to go looking for it, there's rhyme and reason for everything but if you're just playing through and not reading and listening to any and every item or NPC you find, then you'll have no idea what's actually going on. But it's so rewarding to play, and there's nothing quite like the feeling of killing something that's killed you a bunch of times.

I'd say it's definitely worth trying, because once you get it, you just, I dunno, yeah, you just get it.

Did my first Chalice Dungeon last night, was rewards with...the opportunity to do another Chalice Dungeon. At least the next one will be procedurally genderated.

Its kind of a mini hub. Up the stairs where that giant is, is just more giants, but after that there are more stairs, and then a landing where you can go in three directions.

Straight ahead is Vicar Amelia, who will trigger nightfall once you kill her.

To the left is Hemwick Charnal Lane, where there's witches, crazy old ladies and the thing you need to allow you to use runes

To the right, there are at least two hunters, one with a very annoying gun and one with the Tonitrus, the electrified mace I mentioned a few days ago. I believe there's another area to be explored beyond them, that's where I'm headed to next.

If you go from the lamp in the cathedral and to the left, then down the stairs, you'll eventually find your way into Old Yarham, which I found to be kind of fun and the Blood Starved Beast is the boss down there. Beating him will start populating the Cathedral Ward with Snatchers, sack carrying guys who can kill you pretty quickly. But if you let them kill you, at least the first time you see one, they'll take you to a prison type place, and down there you can do some suicide runs to get a rune and the Tonitrus.

Up the stairs past the giants seems to be blocked by a giant gate that I don't have the key for.

So instead I went down into Old Yharnam and there appears to be a dude on top of a bell tower with a high powered long range machine gun and a taste for my blood.

Fuck this game in the best way possible.

After killing Cleric Beast, where should I be looking to go?

Onwards to Father Gascogine!

From the Central Yharnam lamp go left through the gate, down and past the two Ogre's (they're pretty easy to stagger and kill but even easier to run past) and then into an elevator that takes you down to a short bridge. There'll be a bunch of Yharnamites after you but if you keep them occup- Nah, fuck it, I won't ruin the surprise. It's fun.

But yeah, just past there is another ogre, a couple of beasts and then a staircase that leads to Gascogine. The only tip I'll give you for him is don't get cocky, land a couple hits and then jump back and let him tire himself out. Also don't be afraid to use your gun, his stagger window is fucking tiny but if you manage to hit him you can kill him in four hits.

Ended up finding an area out of the prison where the snatchers in the Cathedral Ward send you and wound up walking into a boss who was electrified. Suffice to say I was very surprised and immediately destroyed.

Figured I'd do some farming this evening instead of progressing to the next boss. Warped myself back to the room where ol' Blood Starved was and slayed my way to the front lantern. Easy enough on round one, got about 17000 blood echoes for my effort so did another round and another and another. 70,000 blood echoes in my back pocket and figured it was time to go home and level up 10 levels or so. Climbed to the top of one of the short cut ladders to head back to the entrance and instead of pressing O+forward to run, I just pressed O on it's own. Fell all the way down the ladder and died. Fuck.

Still, I got some new armour (charred hunter set) and a new weapon (rifle spear). I just don't want to have to do it all again. :(

I just got this. I really hope I like it, I kind of adore the idea but the execution is rarely what I'm looking for with these games. I didn't really like Lords of the Fallen because it felt impossible to get around enemies, they just rotated in place as I tried to get around them. This doesn't happen too much in this, does it?