I like looking at the band member timeline graph thingies on wikipedia.

K

But can anyone name the bands? I know four.

Heaven & Hell

Korn

The Fall

Whitesnake

???

All correct, I edited the bands in. The last one is a bit obscure, I don't even know who they are. I only included it because I like the way that the entire band lineup changes for the second album. Like the whole band just fell off the face of the earth and some other guys just decided like, fuck it, let's take their place.

Edit: What happened to Anthony Kiedis for like one week in 1987? Did he go on holiday?

I was really hoping The Fall would be one of them, that's wonderful.

The fall were what reminded me to make this post. I meant to do it a couple weeks ago when I saw the Heaven and Hell one, but I just read this [spoof] article today and decided to look up the Falls graph:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/celebrity/prince-harry-called-up-to-join-the-fall-2015032396574

Edit:

Rush

79862388248322f9e30d4d08bb65d0fd.png

I'm partial to RHCP's.

4e487e2b5713a18db6340bd3b1baa35f.png

DeWayne McKnight was in RHCP from 6pm to 7.15pm.

Everyone on Earth has been in The Fall at one point.

Oddly, apart from Skummy, who cited 'creative differences'.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
I like Green Day's, if only because it looks like it's separating two different doppler effects. Also, apparently, releasing more than one album in a year breaks the timeline machine.

9a49fd0a844d10ec971dbcee9bb146dc.png

And then there's Goo Goo Dolls.

76f4ae1228317d127f302710e8b3af2a.png

Of course, they sort of forget that Robby has had at least one song where he sang lead on every single album, but I'm more amused by the fact that they've had so many touring band members. And that the chart accidentally goofed and put the touring musicians as being lead vocalists instead of backing vocalists.