I like looking at the band member timeline graph thingies on wikipedia.

K

The fact that the only original member who stuck in the band the entire time wasn't even one of the Wilson brothers has got to be the most amusing thing about that chart. That, and I totally forgot that John Stamos was in the group on and off.

The Sex Pistols one is pretty cool, because it's just big ass gaps with, basically, the same four dudes (and a blip for Sid).

752cac4d50d8bb482a7c93a1e790d224.png

It's also interesting because of the second album, which featured only two of the members. And if you've listened to it, it's incredibly bizarre.

From 71 to 74 they were disbanded - those dark yellow lines are compilation albums. What makes this better is the fact that Iron Butterfly has like... 5 albums. The light pink colour is for keyboards/vocals. Don't know why they didn't just do the line thing like they do everywhere else.

I kinda expected the graph for Malmsteen to be a little bigger.

b274ea282c502b94746bc92114fd594b.png

And sadly there isn't a graph for Swiss Hard Rock band Krokus. They had a shitload of members as well and they even sometimes switched instruments.

And then there also is the Michael Schenker Group (brother of Scorpions guitarist Rudolf Schenker):

424db4e6f832666d1b267b30ea038d21.png

Edited by Hellraiser