Eastside Hockey Manager

Berober

Sports Interactive have just released this on Steam Early Access

http://store.steampowered.com/app/301120/

I'm not much of a hockey guy, but I am a fan of SI, and at a tenner, might give this a shot. Apparently they made a couple of these a long time back and I do recall there being a demo verson of this on FM07 or something, eh.

Anyone who has it, how is the editor functionality? I am playing some 2007 campaigns I'd hate to abandon but if you can make custom leagues I might pick this up and work on a fantasy world.

• Like 1

Does someone have a link to a guide (not necessarily for this game) to the intricacies of trade/draft?

I've watched Ice Hockey for years, but I literally have never truly understood trades...I guess I don't really understand relative value in terms of Rights/Picks and other things along those lines.

The Blue Line has a roster, facepacks, logos and all that good stuff.

I used to play the shit out of EHM07, so this is awesome. I've spent a few hours in it already, worth every penny

Since you played so much EHM07 (like me), how would you compare that game and this game? How much different is it, how many new features are in there? Any features in there that are part of the FM series?

I really would like to get it, but I would like to know how much it has been improved compared to the old game. From the screenshots the interface looks very EHM07'ey, which is nice but also a bit archaic to my tastes.

It pretty much is EHM07, but a bit shinier. Presumably they'll be tweaking it as we go forward.

The trade AI is as easily exploited though, you won't be able to stack your team in one day. I haven't done a lot of tweaking to the tactics, other than setting a guy to be encouraged to fight only to have him ejected within the first five minutes of every game. That might need to be toned down a bit.

Anyone able to answer my question above?

Does someone have a link to a guide (not necessarily for this game) to the intricacies of trade/draft?

I've watched Ice Hockey for years, but I literally have never truly understood trades...I guess I don't really understand relative value in terms of Rights/Picks and other things along those lines.

In the leadup to your first season, you will get what is called Board Confidence updates. Your board will tell you what they expect.

If they want you to win now, you should consider prospects (players from 17-24) to be expendable so you can stockpile prime aged (25-30) and veteran (30-40) players who are fully developed and can help you win now. Try to avoid trading draft picks, or top tier (**** or *****) prospects, because eventually, your veterans will need to be replaced, but the focus should be to win.

If they want you to build the team, then you can feel free to stockpile prospects and draft picks without worrying about getting fired. When you go to make a trade, players are usually rated with stars. UNT players are the players of most value, then *****, then ****, etc etc. Generally if you are building a team then a **** 20 year old is worth a lot more than a 30 year old UNT player.

As far as draft picks:

Picks in round one can net you a ***** or **** prospect

Picks in round two can net you a **** or *** prospect

Picks in round three can net you a *** prospect

The remaining rounds are crapshoots. Just because a prospect is a ** prospect BTW doesn't mean he is useless; they can develop and become better if they are handled properly. When you are drafting in the late rounds, look for two attributes: workrate and determination. It is much better to draft someone mediocre who can become good than to draft someone average who is fucking lazy and remains average forever.

• Like 1

If skills are the same as EHM07...

http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4920

Also one skill that is a must for any good player are some of the, physicals like Stamina/Strength, mentals like Anticipation, Bravery, Teamwork, Work Rate, and technicals like Positioning

It makes a huge different to having a team filled with strong hosses of players, they can often outwork finesse teams by grinding the other team down even without fighting.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Anyone who has it, how is the editor functionality? I am playing some 2007 campaigns I'd hate to abandon but if you can make custom leagues I might pick this up and work on a fantasy world.

Sadly, I'm not sure :( Not sure if there is an editor out for it yet.