Eastside Hockey Manager

Berober

Got the rosters from the start of the year rather than halfway through the year...loaded up a game with Edmonton and the Board expects me to make it to the playoffs. I'm not sure what kind of drugs they're on but I'd like to have some.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

HOW DID I MISS THIS? I have the 2007 version and pllayed it a lot up until like 2 years ago. Is the early access price, including the full game when it's finished, or do I have to pay for that separately?

So I'm by no means a huge hockey fan. I use to be, but I just don't follow it like I use to.

But this off-season stuff always gets me pumped, so I'm starting a new game of this today.

I can't be the only one. Tell me 'bout ya games, lads!

I'm waiting for the next roster update before I start a new game. I did a Leafs game, got 2-3 years in, then the game crashed. Then I did an Erie Otters game (trying to go OHL to NHL), but no team would hire me (even for ECHL) even after winning the Memorial Cup....lost my motivation for that game.

HOW DID I MISS THIS? I have the 2007 version and pllayed it a lot up until like 2 years ago. Is the early access price, including the full game when it's finished, or do I have to pay for that separately?

It does indeed.

You don't have to pay anything else once you get the early access.

Ruki, when you say new roster update, do you mean the post-Free Agency rosters? They won't be out for a long while, right?

It'll be around September or October I think. That's what I'm waiting for.

I heard that it'll be out before the season starts. Hoping for mid-September.

I'm waiting for the next roster update before I start a new game. I did a Leafs game, got 2-3 years in, then the game crashed. Then I did an Erie Otters game (trying to go OHL to NHL), but no team would hire me (even for ECHL) even after winning the Memorial Cup....lost my motivation for that game.

This is a problem with the game. You gain reputation in Canada for managing the Erie Otters but only in Canada. Trying to transfer that reputation to an American team doesn't work because reputation doesn't bleed over. You would be limited to Canadian based ECHL/AHL teams because all of the others would consider you an utter nobody.

This is a problem with the game. You gain reputation in Canada for managing the Erie Otters but only in Canada. Trying to transfer that reputation to an American team doesn't work because reputation doesn't bleed over. You would be limited to Canadian based ECHL/AHL teams because all of the others would consider you an utter nobody.

Really? Huh. I just figured it was because I set my reputation to rec player and it never got any higher (I found out that if you put it higher...any team will hire you instantly. I want to earn it, dammit).

And Benji! The roster here is a little bit out of date. It went up back in March, so everything that happened between now and then will be different (Kessel on the Penguins, Hamilton on the Flames, McDavid on the Oilers). But if you don't know what the up-to-date rosters would be, I wouldn't even worry about it. Hell, you could play with the default rosters (no NHL players/teams, just generic names) if you wanted to.

Edited by Ruki
  • Like 1