Eastside Hockey Manager

Berober

Aww crap, just won my 3rd cup in a row. It might be getting too easy :/ (Although, I don't have any super high-end prospects)

Edit: I lied...I just drafted Spezza and Keith.

Sundin-Sakic-Jagr

Modin-Antropov-Johnson

Arvedson-Zetterberg-Dahlen

Brashear-Beranek-Berezin

Visnovsky-Mironov

Kaberle-Chara

Murphy-Rafalski

Joseph

Bryzgalov

Top prospects: Ryan Miller, Sean Avery, Christian Ehrhoff, Mike Komisarek, Nick Schultz

Well what do you expect if you're deep enough to have Zetterberg on the third line, and Zdeno Chara on the second shift :D

EDIT:
Just finished the 98/99 season with the Predators. Ended up getting the 7th pick in the draft after a crappy season where I made sure to trade older guys away for some decent picks here and there. Got the Rangers 1st round pick (24th) too!

Sadly, I wasn't able to trade up, because I would've loved to be able to somehow draft both the Sedin's instead of seeing them get split up (#1 Henrik to the Wild, #2 Daniel to Jets)

With the seventh pick it took a while to choose between Zetterberg and Heatley, but I eventually picked the latter since Dany had better technicals and hopefully is able to be called up sooner (or immediately).

The 24th pick went to Jan Marek, so I can make sure he doesn't go to Yaroslavl, ever. And since he's a great talent...

Other picks were...
#37 - Branko Radivojevic
#54 - Johan Franzen
#67 - Zdenek Kutlak
#73 - Sergei Sevostyanov
#90 - M-A Bergeron
#93 - P-L Courchesne
#97 - Mike Commodore
#127 - Matt Hendricks
#157 - Samuel Pahlsson
#158 - Toni Lydman
#187 - Roman Malek
#188 - Oleg Orekhovsky
#210* - Pascal Dupuis

* Traded my own 7th round pick down to get the last pick of the draft, in the hope of catching Niklas Backstrom, but that never happened because the Sharks grabbed him at #190. I still traded for him, though.

Also wanted to get Bryz, because as a Flyers fan I love that mad bastard. But Oilers nabbed him with #48, which was much sooner than he was ranked. But Backstrom will do.

... Oh, and the finals were Detroit 4-2 Philly (BOOO, HISS!)

Edited by Jasonmufc

Chara and Zetts are still young! That's why they are down the depth chart! (And for some reason, Pat Quinn keeps trying to scratch him)

You should have grabbed Bryz...one season after drafting him he became my back up. I think he gets one more back up season before I trade CuJo away and let him take over.

35 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Chara and Zetts are still young! That's why they are down the depth chart! (And for some reason, Pat Quinn keeps trying to scratch him)

You should have grabbed Bryz...one season after drafting him he became my back up. I think he gets one more back up season before I trade CuJo away and let him take over.

I should, but I got too cocky and I got sniped in that regard.

Although i'm not super fussed, since I got 23 year old Tomas Vokoun to guard the sticks until either Backstrom becomes capable, or I draft another future star in a future draft...
I mean I still got Emery, Ward, DiPietro, Crawford, Quick, Fleury, Montoya, Schneider, and more to look forward to :P

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm firing this up now. I started a game the other night but only got fifteen minutes in before I had to leave. So I'm starting a new game with...I dunno, maybe the Panthers. The goal is to get both Sedin brothers in the draft somehow. 

Good luck. I tried the same thing....the Jets, Wild and Blue Jackets hold onto their picks like they are going out of style.

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I'm firing this up now. I started a game the other night but only got fifteen minutes in before I had to leave. So I'm starting a new game with...I dunno, maybe the Panthers. The goal is to get both Sedin brothers in the draft somehow. 

Good luck, it's gonna be a chore. But one easy way to get it is to try and dupe the Jackets/Jets/Wild very early, since after the lottery it's gonna be downright impossible.

Speaking of duping. I traded the rights of Kjellberg to the Sabres for the rights of Miro Satan, straight up. But the bastard wants 5 million per year for 4 years, and my board only allows me to offer less than half that amount (2,2M)... So I gotta hope his demands drop before the season starts, because he'd be a huge loss if I can't sign him.

Start of the season 99/00 season, gonna continue tomorrow. Biggest negative is the inability to get Satan to accept a sane contract, but i'm not gonna trade his rights away just yet, i'd rather he set on his ass a year than possibly throw away a franchise scorer.

So here's what I got going...

Spoiler

A. Brunette - G. Johnson* - S. Walker(/Satan*)
V. Peltonen - M. Sullivan - U. Dahlen
P. Schaefer - R. Ferraro - A. Daigle(!!)
J. Daniels - M. Pivonka - M. Cisar

K. Timonen* - D. Berehowsky*
G. de Vries - L. Vishnovsky
D. Ellett - J. Bouchard

T. Vokoun
P. Lalime

AHL Players:
G: G. Healy
G: C. Mason

D: O. Orekhovsky
LW: J. Hlavac
LW: D. Heatley (18 years, no Junior rights)
C: S. Pahlsson
C: J. Marek (19 years, AHL is better for him)

Top (non-AHL/NHL) Prospects:
M. Satan, T. Lydman, J. Franzen, M-A Bergeron, P. Dupuis, D. Arkhipov, M. Commodore, N. 'Mf' Backstrom

EDIT: Added stars to players who the game rates as star players for the team...

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I invited Glen Healy to training camp and he got rocked for 4, 5, and 4 goals in his three games. I don't think he'll be hanging around after camp.

Yeah, I signed him originally to be the #2 goalie behind Vokoun. Then Paddy Lalime showed up on my radar and I had to pick him up.
I might still put Healy onto the roster though, knowing that being #1 in the AHL might be better for Lalime.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Was Lalime a waiver pick up? I think that's how I got him.

And Meacon, that is a good price. That trade is gonna pay off for you.

Also? When you win the cup a bunch? Your salary can go up by a decent amount. I started the game around 50 mil, now I am up to 60.

15 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Was Lalime a waiver pick up? I think that's how I got him.

And Meacon, that is a good price. That trade is gonna pay off for you.

Also? When you win the cup a bunch? Your salary can go up by a decent amount. I started the game around 50 mil, now I am up to 60.

I've never won the Cup with these games, so I'll worry about that bridge if I ever actually find it. :P 

Panthers are off to a rough start. 34 games in and we only have 28 points, sitting in 13th in the East.

But we have $13 million in cap space and the Blue Jackets and Wild's first round picks. :o I pretty much gave up a couple firsts to get the Blue Jackets' first round pick, because they've won 1 game in their first 34. Honestly though, the draft pick package I gave up for it, they'll likely be in the Cup before me. :shifty: 

12 hours ago, Meacon said:

Panthers are off to a rough start. 34 games in and we only have 28 points, sitting in 13th in the East.

But we have $13 million in cap space and the Blue Jackets and Wild's first round picks. :o I pretty much gave up a couple firsts to get the Blue Jackets' first round pick, because they've won 1 game in their first 34. Honestly though, the draft pick package I gave up for it, they'll likely be in the Cup before me. :shifty: 

See the #3 team get the first pick in the lotto and take Henrik :D