MLB: The Show 15

Meacon Keaton

With Project Cars now being delayed until mid-May I've got very few excuses to not get home after work and start the monstrosity of a download.

Haven't played since 10 or 11, Anything major change wise I should be looking for? I almost exclusively play RTTS

I'm trying to think of what was in 2010/2011. For Road to the Show, you'll start off in a small round robin tournament called the Rookie Showcase. Based on how you do in that will determine your potential and where you are drafted. If you get drafted to a team you don't like, you can go to a 2-year college or a 4-year college and do the tournament again and get re-drafted.

New this year are sponsorships which takes place in Franchise and RTTS. You get bonuses for wearing certain cleats and things like that.

Last year they when they went from PS3 to PS4 the crowd went from 400 people or so duplicated one hundred times to something like 5000 fans duplicated only 10 times, so you very rarely see two of the same person in the crowd. If your team stinks, your stadium will be more empty than if they're winning. And during the post-season, the fans will have those annoying balloons and rally towels.

If you're a fan of The Show, and you haven't played in a few years, I can almost guarantee you you'll be happy with the purchase.

• Like 2

Well, Bumgarner pitched a shutout for me in the taster match, decided to give pulse pitching a go and I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to it. Direction hitting looks like a good upgrade over timing too.

Only 30GB to go >_>

As expected, I suck! Downloaded enough to play the opening game a couple of times. Lost 9-1 and 8-1.

Having said that, I don't find pitching too bad. Batting though, oh man... pretty bad at fielding too.

I should probably have a proper read of what all the icons etc mean, but I'll do that tomorrow once it's all downloaded. I assume there's tutorials?

I honestly can't remember if there are tutorials or not. But there is a dynamic difficulty setting that you can do. It'll start you on the absolute lowest level of play and the better you get, it'll make things a little tougher. But if you start to stink again, it'll balance itself out. It's a great way to make sure you're always challenged, but not getting curb-stomped every game, like your waiting room games. :P

Playing my RttS and just got my first home run,it was a grand slam with two outs. I forgot how awesome this game can be when things go right.

And right after I post that my next at bat is a 2 run bomb, back to back home runs!

Edited by Trey

My strategy is regular swing no direction unless I read the pitch and know what's coming, then I power swing and drive the ball hoping for a home run or at least something off the wall

I'm still playing last year's version, but I still thought I'd ask something. In Road to the Show, I have one of the highest batting averages in the league, but my team (Padres) has relegated me to pinch hitting duties after picking up another player in my position as part of a trade. Am I supposed to wait it out or request a trade elsewhere? Only having one at-bat per game isn't doing wonders for my stats, and given my limited knowledge of the sport and this game series, I was wondering if I was missing something obvious.

• Like 1

I traded in Dragon Age, Dying Light, and Diablo and got it for nothing. I don't know if you have anything to trade or if that's even an option based on where you live but it's how my broke ass got it

I'm trying to think of what was in 2010/2011. For Road to the Show, you'll start off in a small round robin tournament called the Rookie Showcase. Based on how you do in that will determine your potential and where you are drafted. If you get drafted to a team you don't like, you can go to a 2-year college or a 4-year college and do the tournament again and get re-drafted.

New this year are sponsorships which takes place in Franchise and RTTS. You get bonuses for wearing certain cleats and things like that.

Last year they when they went from PS3 to PS4 the crowd went from 400 people or so duplicated one hundred times to something like 5000 fans duplicated only 10 times, so you very rarely see two of the same person in the crowd. If your team stinks, your stadium will be more empty than if they're winning. And during the post-season, the fans will have those annoying balloons and rally towels.

If you're a fan of The Show, and you haven't played in a few years, I can almost guarantee you you'll be happy with the purchase.

I was already going to get it but your post has me really expired for it now, Thanks.

I like the sound of the rookie showcase, Much like the high school games from the NCAA Football series served as an entry point. But if you decided to go to a 4 year college for example, Would you have higher stats for your second attempt at the showcase?

The branded gear is a huge plus for me and was one of the things I often noticed in the old games but the fact that you would have to earn it in RTTS I think is really cool. I hope that I won't have to wait forever to start unlocking it though.

I'm really interested in the dynamic crowds now that you bring it up, What you've said sounds amazing and was one of my major nitpicks across all sports games (especially the ones that claimed to have dynamic crowds) so I'm looking forward to seeing that close up.

Might get a chance to get into the full game soon when it's done downloading after work... Two days from now. But from what I've played of the demo game it's so much more advanced, It seems to me that the magnetic/superhuman fielder's that used to fusterate me to no end are gone which already is a huge plus.

Lost 4-1 with 4 errors on me but got guys on base and even hit a homer which I really struggled with in the old ones.

Super hyped to get stuck in when this thing eventually decides it wants to download.