Named Sporting Moments?

Liam

This may sound like a weird thread, but it stems from watching a 'Miracle on Ice' documentary on Sky Sports.

I've come across several others in my sports reading, but was just trying to get as definitive a list of sports moments that have been 'named', as such.

For example, 'The Miracle in/at/of Medinah' (depending on where you look) for the Ryder Cup 2012 European comeback.

'The Catch', 49ers beat the Cowboys in the '81 NFC Championship Game after Montana scrambles out of the pocket away from three rushing defence players and hurls the ball to the back of the endzone where Dwight Clark secures the game winning TD with seconds left on the clock, 49ers win the game 28-27 and go on to win their first SuperBowl.

• Like 1

The Miracle of Bern. The 1954 World Cup final, West Germany vs Hungary. Hideguti, Kocsis, Puskas, your boys took one hell of a beating!

And I guess there is all the boxing ones as well. Rumble in the Jungle, The Thrilla in Manilla, The Schlong in Hong Kong, etc

The Catch (Willie Mays Game 1 1954 World Series) .... not the fake 49ers crap :shifty:

The Shot Heard Round the World (Bobby Thompson 1951 NL Pennant Game)

The Pine Tar Incident (George Brett at Yankee Stadium 1983)

The Immaculate Reception (Franco Harris AFC Divisional Playoff Game 1972)