Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Record-breaking in terms of fee, Brown Ideye came in for a club record and had a pretty poor start. Had a good stint of form when Pulis came in, admittedly, but he took a while to get going. Rondon has more of a reputation, and by all accounts is a better striker, so I'm intrigued how he'll get on initially.

Reports claim that Chelsea and Augsburg have finally agreed terms for the transfer of Baba Rahman: an initial fee of €20 million [£14m] with a fuck-tonne of incremental add-ons that could raise the total fee to as much as €35 million [£24.5m] if he reaches 100 appearances for Chelsea.

Rondon was linked to bigger teams just a few weeks ago, oh how the mighty have fallen after leaving Malaga you Venezuelan prick. :shifty: 

The mighty don't often have far to fall from the European powerhouse that is Malaga, to be fair.

Also, do you support more teams than Lineker? I can't keep track anymore.

Hey, this is that year that we spent a lot of money to become an European powerhouse. :shifty:  And failed miserably.

And yes, I think it's established I do, a team for everywhere I lived pretty much. :shifty: 

• Admin

Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martínez has joined Wolverhampton Wanderers on a season-long loan. The Argentinian, 22, made six appearances last season, keeping three clean sheets, before ending the campaign on loan at Rotherham United, where he helped the club retain their Championship status.

• Admin

Stoke have announced the signing of Swtizerland international Xherdan Shaqiri from Internazionale for a club record fee of £12m.

The 23-year-old has signed a five-year contract with Mark Hughes’s side after only moving to Italy from Bayern Munich in January.

“It’s no secret that we have been pursuing Xherdan for some time now and we are delighted to have finally secured his signature,” read a statement from chief executive Tony Scholes.

“He’s an exciting young player who is really looking forward to playing in the Premier League having played at the very highest level in Germany with Bayern Munich and in Italy with Inter.

“Xherdan will be a fantastic addition to our squad and adds to the attacking options at the manager’s disposal.”

Hughes added: “He’s a dynamic and explosive player who will bring something different to the group and at the age of 23 he still has a great deal of potential.

“In the chats I’ve had with him it’s obvious that he’s excited about playing in the Premier League and showing what he’s capable of.”