Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

I will find it thoroughly inexplicable if we aren't in for Clyne at that price.

We desperately need a right back, and probably the best English one around is available at a great price - It's a no brainer Louis.

Alternatively, we can pursue Ramos all summer, before he inevitably signs a new deal. De Gea still goes to Madrid and we're left with Valdes as our first choice keeper, whatever panic buy of a centre half we can come up with and still no right back or centre midfielder!

We desperately need a right back, and probably the best English one around is available at a great price - It's a no brainer Louis.

Alternatively, we can pursue Ramos all summer, before he inevitably signs a new deal. De Gea still goes to Madrid and we're left with Valdes as our first choice keeper, whatever panic buy of a centre half we can come up with and still no right back or centre midfielder!

Calm it dude, the window isn't even open yet.

Calm it dude, the window isn't even open yet.

I'm perfectly calm - perhaps I should have included a smiley, or comic sans...

I was being facecious more than anything - my point being that I would be baffled if we didn't at least put a bid in for Clyne at that price.

Very impressed with Liverpool so far. They are not messing about.

This is their year window

Seriously though, could be some good singings, Milner will be great, if Firminio hits the ground running Liverpool will be dangerous with him, Coutinho, Lallana (injuries permitting) and God forbid Lazar starts showing more than flashes of quality!

If Sturridge stays fit and Ings et al can also find the back of the net Liverpool have a great shout at a top 4.

Especially if Man U don't perform or get the narrow results of this past season.

I will imagine the top 6 (barring maybe a club or two going clear at the top) will all be really close this year with Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and Spurs looking good (the latter as long as they don't lose a top player or 3).

Think Barca have a buy back clause as well. Smart business by them he did well for Everton that season he was there. If he performs again and develops they can get him back.

Don't think he had as much of an impact with Sevilla from what I've read but then again I don't watch much Spanish football so i

Think Barca have a buy back clause as well. Smart business by them he did well for Everton that season he was there. If he performs again and develops they can get him back.

Don't think he had as much of an impact with Sevilla from what I've read but then again I don't watch much Spanish football so i

Deulofeu was considered one of the biggest flops in the 2014/15 La Liga. Sevilla signed him to be a key player, ended up on the bench. He did a Cabella.

To be fair, everyone does that. "Oh wow, we've signed a guy with an exciting sounding name, he'll definitely be amazing"... Blissfully ignorant that Brazil, Portugal, Spain and wherever else produce their fair share of Stewart Downings and David Nugents.

I honestly don't quite get the Stewart Downing hate, other than being very mediocre for Liverpool, especially given the fee paid, I have always found him a perfectly cromulent footballer.