Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

I''m just happy we've signed the world's greatest ass man, Billy Gunn TEOL Ian Cathro.

• Like 1

I honestly don't quite get the Stewart Downing hate, other than being very mediocre for Liverpool, especially given the fee paid, I have always found him a perfectly cromulent footballer.

I wasn't hating on Downing, he's generally pretty solid but he's not going to set the world slight.
  • Like 1

I honestly don't quite get the Stewart Downing hate, other than being very mediocre for Liverpool, especially given the fee paid, I have always found him a perfectly cromulent footballer.

Probably comes from him being shoehorned into the England side because he was left-footed, and never really did anything. Not his fault, of course. It's like when players get stick for the transfer fee players pay for them. It's not their fault they cost that much.

To be fair, everyone does that. "Oh wow, we've signed a guy with an exciting sounding name, he'll definitely be amazing"... Blissfully ignorant that Brazil, Portugal, Spain and wherever else produce their fair share of Stewart Downings and David Nugents.

Firmino is class though. Not afraid to take on players or try the difficult plays, very skillful and smart. Can also play False 9 with quite effectiveness, as shown in the national team.

Meanwhile, John Heitinga has joined Ajax on a one-year deal, and Watford a keen on signing Rudy Gestede from Blackburn.

Bournemouth break transfer record to sign £8m Tyrone Mings from Ipswich.

Smashing.

Pretty good deal for some they signed for £10,000. Either way, he's a great guy. Has bought tickets for people who can't afford them around Christmas, and a number of other good deeds.

Meanwhile, John Heitinga has joined Ajax on a one-year deal, and Watford a keen on signing Rudy Gestede from Blackburn.

Gotta feel like this is Heitinga's last club. Nice to see back 'home' so to speak. Kinda want Ajax to go out and resign all of that generation that are still playing. Van der Vaart, Maduro etc.

To be fair, everyone does that. "Oh wow, we've signed a guy with an exciting sounding name, he'll definitely be amazing"... Blissfully ignorant that Brazil, Portugal, Spain and wherever else produce their fair share of Stewart Downings and David Nugents.

Firmino is class though. Not afraid to take on players or try the difficult plays, very skillful and smart. Can also play False 9 with quite effectiveness, as shown in the national team.

Yeah, it's not as if Firmino is this totally unknown entity, or that people don't watch football. Not including Liverpool games, I watch more Bundesliga than PL football.

Dailymash gonna Dailymash.

That probably sums him up really. He's a decent footballer but just never seemed that comfortable or confident at Liverpool.

I've added anyone who liked that post to my ignore list. I'm saddened that I've lost Niner but losing Dan, RAFATIME and Liniker more than makes up for it.

• Like 2