Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Regardless of what Sterling may or may not have done, it's another important Liverpool player that has moved onto another club with a better chance of winning trophies.

And Liverpool did give in. They let him go.

Edited by metalman

Regardless of the fee, Liverpool fans must be concerned that they no longer seem to have the clout to hold onto their most valuable players. That's Suarez and Sterling gone in successive summers.

While I'd prefer not to see it I also think that both Suarez and Sterling had become a bit too toxic to keep around the squad. If it were someone like Coutinho who just got sold for 50 million I'd be a bit sadder to see him go.

tbh, I think this benefits Liverpool more  than Man City. Now, Man City have spent an astronomical fee on a 20 year old they've set a precedent that other clubs can demand silly money for their players from City. Plus, Sterling has come off rather poorly in the whole affair too.

Would I rather have Raheem Sterling at Liverpool? Yes. But I'm also bored of Aidy Ward and would like to not have to hear anymore about him for a while. I feel like Sterling has been poorly advised. I don't know if this is necessarily the best move for him at 20 years old. I think it's more about the money than anything else.

• Like 1

Very good news to wake up to regarding Schneiderlin.

Still painfully short at CB I think. Can't see Jones, Smalling and Rojo staying fit all season, and with Falcao and RVP gone, we're lacking up front too. I really hope Chich stays.

Sterling is better off at Man City than Liverpool. One, he'll be played in his best position rather than stuck up front or as right wingback. He'll have quality players like Aguero and Silva around him that will take the pressure off him and allow him to learn a bit more as a player (like Suarez and Sturridge did). And he'll be able to be rotated a lot more than he was at Liverpool. I find it curious that people in the media think Liverpool are the best club for him - they've managed him poorly this season because they constructed their squad poorly and had to rely on a 20 year old kid to plug the gaps and be the main man for a large period of the season.

That's probably down to City's track record of signing English players because they have to and basically killing their careers dead in the tracks.

Milner is probably the only success story and even he was criminally underused for a player of his ability.

To be fair Sterling wasn't constantly being shifted about the pitch by Rodgers as often as people think. His  run of playing upfront was really only very brief and as were his stints at wingback.

Generally he would play out wide or behind the strikers. 

Therr was an element of overplaying sterling but at the same time he was given time off and seemed really to be enjoying himself and getting on well with the manager until his agent started angling for a move and doing it in the most ham fisted way.

Begovic to Chelsea is official. He'll get the #1 shirt while Courtois keeps #13.

Not really holding out hope for much more activity this window, TBH. Outside of the loan farm, I mean.