Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Holy fuck, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger is an awesome central midfield pairing. 

Man U are going about their business very well. They still need to beef up the defence and maybe figure out who will replace DDG.

And I understand that Sterling is young and English, but Basty and Morgy for less than him? 

It's funny to think that the silly market forces in English football used to bother me, yet now we all accept it as a fact of life. There was a time when I used to incredulously compare transfer fees of English youngsters and established foreign stars, but now, thanks somewhat to the fact that I don't support a top flight club, I almost enjoy the ridiculousness of it all.

Holy fuck, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger is an awesome central midfield pairing. 

Man U are going about their business very well. They still need to beef up the defence and maybe figure out who will replace DDG.

And I understand that Sterling is young and English, but Basty and Morgy for less than him? 

It's funny to think that the silly market forces in English football used to bother me, yet now we all accept it as a fact of life. There was a time when I used to incredulously compare transfer fees of English youngsters and established foreign stars, but now, thanks somewhat to the fact that I don't support a top flight club, I almost enjoy the ridiculousness of it all.

I hear that. I can't remember the last time that Orient signed someone for a fee. And if FM is correct, Andy Dossena is on nearly half a mil a year. Which is balls for a player that is absolutely pants.

Valdes isn't on the tour which possibly points to him leaving. Personally wouldn't want him as our number one if De Gea does leave this summer so wouldn't have any issues with Valdes leaving. Seems there's a decent chance we'll play hardball with Madrid over De Gea and if they don't give in, let him go free next summer if he decides to not sign a new contract. Would give us a full season to pinpoint a replacement too.

Sky had us set up as a potential 4-3-3 with Schneiderlin - Mata - Schweinsteiger, then Di Maria - Rooney - Depay. Doesn't fit Herrera in, who deserves to play, nor Fellaini and Young who LVG seems to think highly of. Fact is, we have options now and a strong central midfield with proper protection for the defence. Interested to see how we line up against Spurs next month.

Going by the formation we finished the season with, my guess/preference would be;

Depay/Di Maria, Rooney, Mata

Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Herrera.

I'm wondering if Fellaini will get much of a look in. I get the feeling he was a means to an end for LVG last year and will struggle to get in that Midfield. I suppose if we don't buy a striker he's an alternative option up there, as is Depay.

Surely Januzaj will be off on loan somewhere?

Stoke have done some blinding business this window. I think if they can replace N'Zonzi now they'll have a team capable of seriously challenging for the Europa League spots this season. I suppose another winger wouldn't hurt them either but I'm kind of under the impression that Marco van Ginkel can play out wide?

• Like 2

Valdes isn't on the tour which possibly points to him leaving. Personally wouldn't want him as our number one if De Gea does leave this summer so wouldn't have any issues with Valdes leaving. Seems there's a decent chance we'll play hardball with Madrid over De Gea and if they don't give in, let him go free next summer if he decides to not sign a new contract. Would give us a full season to pinpoint a replacement too.

I've never been entirely sold on Ranieri's management ability but his personality is so much fun. You couldn't get a bigger contrast between Leicester's last two managers if you tried.

He could bring back Robert Huth: The Flying Winger!

• Like 1

Stoke have done some blinding business this window. I think if they can replace N'Zonzi now they'll have a team capable of seriously challenging for the Europa League spots this season. I suppose another winger wouldn't hurt them either but I'm kind of under the impression that Marco van Ginkel can play out wide?

Them and Swansea have made some good signings so far. Swansea less on the high profile side, but I fancy them to perform well with the signings that they've made so far, and I don't think they're finished either.