Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

It was pretty obvious Benteke was the #1 target. I like the idea of Benteke at least. 49 goals in 100 games for Villa isn't bad at all.

Had no idea Benteke's record was that good actually. 

Still a bit too high of a price I think, but I reckon he'd be a better fit at Liverpool then United.

Also, 'ressies' is used all the time.

• Like 1

Why are Liverpool fans so desperate to splash out 40m on a player who's had one outstanding season in ligue 1, has little international experience and has had little success in European competitions? Benteke makes a lot more sense

• Like 1

And playing abroad, players seem better as you don't see them week in, week out nor have much club bias when it comes to a player. Benteke has been outstanding in a very poor side, a sign of true class imo.

Rumour about Valdes being let go by Man U. Of course, I did read it in The Sun.

LVG has confirmed it.

So if DDG sods off to Real?

He wasn't taken on tour because he, according to Van Gaal, refused to play for the reserves at times last season. 

If DDG leaves, we're stuck with Lindegaard until we find a replacement. 

Rumour about Valdes being let go by Man U. Of course, I did read it in The Sun.

LVG has confirmed it.

So if DDG sods off to Real?

Handanovic and Lloris are the two names I've heard mentioned the most

Why are Liverpool fans so desperate to splash out 40m on a player who's had one outstanding season in ligue 1, has little international experience and has had little success in European competitions? Benteke makes a lot more sense

Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa, Lacazette is fantastic. 

According to ESPN editor Daniel Ainsworth, Charlie Austin to Newcastle is a DONE DEAL. Apparently Mike Ashley was reluctant to pay 15M, but McClaren convinced him to do it.

• Like 1

How is Lacazette better than Benteke though?

Lacazette has had one good season in France, in 137 appearances has scored 51 goals in the league and only 6 in 29 appearances in Europe, while playing for a very competitive team in France

Benteke, while playing for a perpetually lower end of the league team has scored 42 in 88 appearances, including proof he can come back from poor form and injuries.  Appears a straightforward choice to me... "/

• Like 1

I'd rather have Benteke. I think he'll be a good signing. I think the likes of Henderson, Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana supplying him with passes and crosses is an exciting thought. Still think we've over paid but Villa know we have the money and he's their key striker. They aren't gonna let him go for nothing. 

Plus it'll mean he won't terrorise our defence and score against us like he normally does. 

Chris with Phil, Bob and Adam behind him.  

Edited by David Marrio
  • Like 1