Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

• Admin

Crystal Palace have signed Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper, Alex McCarthy, on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/624124146159464448

Doesn't that leave them with Speroni, Hennessey and now McCarthy?

That's three pretty solid keepers.

Hennessey is supposedly off to West Brom. 

Crystal Palace have signed Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper, Alex McCarthy, on a four year deal for an undisclosed fee.

https://twitter.com/FCBayernEN/status/624124146159464448

Doesn't that leave them with Speroni, Hennessey and now McCarthy?

That's three pretty solid keepers.

Hennessey is supposedly off to West Brom. 

Speaking of West Brom, apparently Abou Diaby is having a medical there.

You're happy? Feel these nipples!

Though I was confused for a second as I originally read it as 'Jose Mourinho'...

• Like 2

• Admin

Mikel John Obi says he has no intention of leaving Chelsea. The 28-year-old Nigerian, the Blues’ second-longest serving player behind John Terry, is currently in the United States preparing for his 10th season with José Mourinho’s side. Mikel has been linked with moves to the United Arab Emirates club al-Ain and the Turkish side Fenerbahce this summer but he insists he will see out the remaining two years of his contract in west London. “I want to stay and the manager wants me to stay,” he told the club website. “I’ve got two years here and I’m happy. I like to be somewhere where I have developed friends and family. It’s like my family here and every day I come to work it is like coming in to see my family. I know all the players and all the staff so it’s going to be a hard place to leave when my contract runs out but let’s see what happens. I want to see out my two years.”

Vlad Chiriches is on the verge of a move to Fiorentina.

Brentford have signed Denmark international Lasse Vibe from IFK Goteborg for an undisclosed fee. The forward, 28, has agreed a three-year deal at Griffin Park and becomes the Championship club's eighth signing of the summer.

Aston Villa have had a 12M bid accepted for Jordan Ayew. Scored 13 goals in 28 games at Ligue 1, 23 years old, plays primarily up top but I believe he can also play as a winger.

I think that's in Euros, the number I've seen floating about is £9M, which is about 12M euros I think. Reasonable amount, and would be a good signing I think.

Brentford have made some smart signings this summer, exciting to see what they can do this year. Read somewhere that they owner is using the same system as the one that Midgetland are using in Denmark.

• Like 1

• Admin

Striker Jordan Rhodes has asked Blackburn to give him permission to speak with Middlesbrough over a move.

The 25-year-old Scotland international has reportedly been the subject of a £12m bid from the Teesside club.

Rhodes joined Rovers for a club-record £8m from Huddersfield in 2012.

"I have been advised by the club that they have rejected an offer from Middlesbrough for my services which was in excess of what Blackburn paid for me," Rhodes told ESPN FC.

"I am ambitious and have never hidden my desire to play at the highest level possible and that was one of the reasons why I left Huddersfield Town for Blackburn.

"When I left Huddersfield I felt the timing was right in the next stage of my career and, having seen Middlesbrough's performances last season in reaching the play-off final and their ambition this summer in terms of acquisitions, I would have liked to have been able to talk to them and I am unhappy at not being given that opportunity."

Rhodes, who began his career at Ipswich, has a contract at Blackburn until 2019 and stayed with the club last season after two bids from Hull City, who were a Premier League side at the time.

He has scored 74 goals in 143 appearances for Rovers.