Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Vlad's such a weird one. He seemed really promising at the start, even if he felt like he had a mistake in him, but like a lot of the 7 we signed (especially Paulinho), they just seemed to lack all confidence once AVB was sacked and was just shocking this year. Oh well, good luck to him, he'll probably do really well in Italy. 

Edited by Jimmy

• Admin

The former Arsenal midfielder Abou Diaby has joined Marseille, the Ligue 1 side have announced.

The 29-year-old was released by Arsenal this summer, bringing an end to his injury-plagued stay in north London.

His former manager at Auxerre, Guy Roux, believes Marseille, who finished fourth last season, may have secured a real bargain. “This could be the biggest coup for Marseille for a long time and it’s also a great gift to the French league,” he told L’Equipe.

“Diaby is a fabulous player, well-disciplined and pleasant by nature. He has the kind of talent which has been sadly lacking from French football in recent times.”

Chester is such a Tony Pulis transfer.

I don't know what to think of that Caulker transfer. He was pretty good here but was found out at QPR and Cardiff for being pretty slow and not the most intelligent defender. I guess Southampton have the best chance of getting something good out of him.

Chester is such a Tony Pulis transfer.

I don't know what to think of that Caulker transfer. He was pretty good here but was found out at QPR and Cardiff for being pretty slow and not the most intelligent defender. I guess Southampton have the best chance of getting something good out of him.

Probably end up selling him to Liverpool for 25mil

• Like 4

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Everton reject £25m bid for John Stones from Chelsea

I'm so done with the constant "Stones has said he wants to leave." being bandied about. The last official quote from Stones is that he's working on keeping his place at Everton. We don't need to sell him so Chelsea are going to have offer inordinate amounts of money for us to consider.

I suppose this goes here. Rudy Austin has been refused a work permit to continue playing football in the UK, he'll now have to play overseas despite having spent 4 years playing in the UK and his child being born here.

I'm so done with the constant "Stones has said he wants to leave." being bandied about. The last official quote from Stones is that he's working on keeping his place at Everton. We don't need to sell him so Chelsea are going to have offer inordinate amounts of money for us to consider.

£25 mil is a lot of money, especially for someone with 44 Premier League appearances. I mean, they're not exactly fucking about with silly offers. 

£25 mil is a lot of money, especially for someone with 44 Premier League appearances. I mean, they're not exactly fucking about with silly offers. 

I mean, I get it. Obviously I'm a little biased because right now we have precisely two proven centre-backs and Stones is one of them. Plus, in a world in which being young, English and a good footballer ramps your price tag up, £25m is pretty run-of-the-mill. >_>

• Admin

Callum Wilson has agreed a new four-year contract at Bournemouth in a boost to the club’s hopes before their first top-flight campaign.

The England Under-21 striker was instrumental in Bournemouth’s promotion as the Championship winners last time out, scoring 20 goals in the competition to attract interest from a host of Premier League clubs.

Wilson was scouted by half of the teams in the top flight last season but Bournemouth have moved to ward off the predators by securing him to fresh terms.

The 23-year-old joined in the summer of last year from Coventry City for £3m on a deal until 2018 but his rise to prominence has been quick.

The south coast club also have an interest in the Crystal Palace forward Glenn Murray, who could be available for around £2m. Eddie Howe, the Bournemouth manager, is on the hunt for signings, although he does not want to upset the balance of his Championship-winning squad.

:w00t:

BREAKING: Sky Sources: Everton reject £25m bid for John Stones from Chelsea #SSNHQ

I thought that, but Luke Shaw went to Man Utd for £30m with 60 PL appearances, so it isn't that far-fetched really.

Oh, I totally agree. I just mean that £25m isn't a derisory offer or anything.