Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Latest expectations are that Yoshinori Muto will opt not to join Chelsea, on account of English work permit issues virtually guaranteeing that he won't get to play in the Premier League anyway. His most likely destination is now the Bundesliga, who have no such restrictions.

Makes sense. Fair play to him.

Lambert actually fits the bill perfectly. He's an international who is willing to sit on the bench all year. And on top of that, he's English.

It depends what Jose is looking to do. By keeping Bamford, he would get plenty of game time, just like Drogba has, and could help his development - maybe even a first couple of CL appearances.

But, if he is going for a cheap bench player, to me it sounds like Hazard could be the one replacing Costa when injured/suspended, and who knows, Cuadrado may even get a run in the team.

I know Bamford is only young, but he needs to be given a chance. So many promising players keep getting sent out on loan and are never able to settle down and fulfil their potential. One season at a PL club will help, but even at one of the teams at the bottom half, it wouldn't surprise me to see him on the bench most weeks.

I think that's one thing we've got going for us now, is that I think Spurs will look like a good bet for young players. Our training facilities are excellent, and Poch has a reputation for giving young players a chance, it was one of the reasons Alli signed with us. I mean, as long as they're okay with disappointment every season...but they'll get to play!

Like, Pritchard's just had a great season in the Championship, and I fully expect him to get a chance next year. Maybe with Alli as well if he impresses in pre-season. I'd be shocked if Bamford was given a chance this year.

The issue with Drogba's replacement (if there is one) will probably have a lot to do with Jose wanting our third striker to have the 'target man' option in his locker. Bamford is not that type of player and that's one of the reasons why I think a PL loan is by far the most likely for him next season (also, because CHELSEA HEARTS LOANS :shifty:).

This is also why rumours ala Adebayor or Lambert make a worrying amount of sense and I rather shudder at the thought (of Adebayor in particular).

to me it sounds like Hazard could be the one replacing Costa when injured/suspended

Well, Oscar was the one who nominally played up front the other week, so I'm not sure... Plus Hazard needs to drop deep to do his good work on the ball, so playing him as a striker would see him isolated or crowded out a lot more.

I liked the rumours I read the other day of Remy + £15m for Lacazette (because FRANCE). Remy's good and all, but clearly elements of him are made of glass and as a result he managed to get crocked both times this season when he was really needed. We certainly need a more reliable/effective alternative to Costa than the current Remy/Drogba selection.

It would seem weird Chelsea loaning IN a player these days, rather than loaning OUT...

There is also the small chance that it would open up a minor tear in the space-time continuum and all of the molecules comprising Vitesse Arnhem would be jolted two light years to the right.

• Like 1

Surely the example of Harry Kane should be encouraging more teams to try these players sooner? Spurs loaned him out a bunch of times but eventually he showed enough to merit staying and being given a chance, which he's taken. I'm not saying they're all going to end up doing as well as Kane but surely we should see more of this. Bamford would be the perfect example to emulate Kane at a different top 6/7 team.

• Like 2