Star Wars Battlefront

apsham

Beta is already on PSN, for some reason you have to browse to "games -> free to play" instead of searching for it via the search function. Right now PSN is giving me good speed.

I don´t really want to spend 60€ on it, but a free Beta weekend i am ready for.

I got to put in a few matches - and I love the way they made it feel. Firing the blasters is just so damn satisfying and the mechanics of the game are just flat out amazing. I'm still on the fence since I don't really like competitive shooters much these days and the single player options are just  straight up AI battles.. but damn, they put some GREAT work into this game.

Played some of the BETA on the XB1 and I second the graphics being amazing. Loved playing around with the sniper, but it's so frustrating when you don't have the jump pack unlocked and there is just people flying all over the damn place and you're running through valleys and crevices. With that being said, Walker Assault is unbelievably one sided. Seeing Darth Vader just deflecting bullets was pretty badass though.

Well, Walker Assault is designed for the rebels to use a lot of teamwork, which leaves it feeling one sided since that never works.  I got really close today, we had one walker down and the other about halfway there, so its definitely possible to win.   The bigger problem is the beta has no team balancing, I played a game and two guys on the other team each had 30 kills, with the highest count on my team being 11.

Edited by Maxx

I have created a playthrough if anybody wishes to watch:

I love Walker Assault, although I was on the Imperial side and we won despite all the outlinks being put online. I love that you get to control the AT-AT and the AT-ST as well. Don't know if I am keen on Drop Zone, but survival is good too, think I got 12 minutes for that.

I utterly hate that you have to push down the left stick to run.

I love how the game looks. Especially at the speed you move.

I hate that everyone is better at it than i am since i never play first person shooters. >_>

Not neccercerly a fan of the FPS genre, don´t see myself getting into this to deep, but if it´s ever for sale at 20€ i might pick it up and get called noob a lot.