Star Wars Battlefront

apsham

Don't bother then. The singe player/co-op stuff is basically useless. Stripped down 'defeat the waves' and 'first to 100 kills' stuff. It's only really good for co-op I would say, but that's even just in tandem with the game itself. Multiplayer is where everything is and I've softened on it since picking it back up when it went on digital sale for 33% off this week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sham Solo said:

Don't bother then. The singe player/co-op stuff is basically useless. Stripped down 'defeat the waves' and 'first to 100 kills' stuff. It's only really good for co-op I would say, but that's even just in tandem with the game itself. Multiplayer is where everything is and I've softened on it since picking it back up when it went on digital sale for 33% off this week.

Did the same. Grinded hard on the 2x XP weekend to get at least some of the stuff i get killed with unlocked. I pref to play third person, still i am dead all the time since everyone plaing this game must have more experience in shooters like this.

I can see why people say this is an 8 hour game... but i think for 30€ of the canadian store it´s ok. It desperatly needs more maps though and most of the game modes feel more like "a game" (chasing droids n shit) while only few feel like a "star wars game". But it seems like you need to keep an eye out for the season pass contend.

The AI Training stuff was kinda neat. Dident check the other AI Stuff yet. Kinda sad that there is nothing using the speeder bikes (?) as good as they are in the tutorial.

I feel like that's going to happen in just about any game... I don't think matchmaking can ever be perfect. I mean, before I switched up my loadout I was doing terrible and then when I switched to my current one - for a few matches I was going 37-4 before dropping back down to average. Depending on too many factors to name you can't just rely on someone's history.. though I would like to see some team mixing up more so than it currently does (I think, I rarely stay with one group too long).

I've been playing the trial and haven't really been impressed with the multi so far. I have no idea how to get the vehicles or heroes everyone else has and I seem to find it really difficult to spot rebels as opposed to plain white stormtroopers. But then I played fighter squadron. Holy shit I thought I'd hate it but by far the most fun, and successful I've been so far. Makes me even more annoyed there's no campaign but.

On 12/27/2015 at 13:01, TGWL said:

Anybody getting the season pass?  I think it's a bit much for what they're giving us. 

Have they even announced what they're giving out?

We don't know what's going to be in each pack - but it's going to be 16 new maps, four new gameplay modes and four new heroes with 20 more customization options.

One could assume then that it's going to be 4 maps, 1 mode, 1 hero and 5 customization options a pack.. unless they theme the packs more. Come to think of it it might be more like 4 maps, 2 heroes OR 10 options and 1 mode a pack.. because it would be odd to unbalance either side's heroes.

21 hours ago, Kaney said:

I've been playing the trial and haven't really been impressed with the multi so far. I have no idea how to get the vehicles or heroes everyone else has and I seem to find it really difficult to spot rebels as opposed to plain white stormtroopers. But then I played fighter squadron. Holy shit I thought I'd hate it but by far the most fun, and successful I've been so far. Makes me even more annoyed there's no campaign but.

They're pick ups on the map. Little swirling icons. The ship ones are littered all over the place, the Hero ones are a bit more rare.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Meacon said:

I like it, but I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars. There's no single player campaign, so if online multiplayer isn't your thing, then you won't like it.

How good are the online game modes though? And the online numbers in general I guess?

The online modes are fun. I haven't played any of the Tie Fighter/X-Wing battles, but there is a bunch of different FPS modes. There is Supremacy (King of the Hill), Heroes vs. Villains (teams of six with three players occupying hero/villains role, rounds won by killing every hero/villain), a death match mode, a mode where you have to protect a moving convoy, a mode where you to have to defend drop points, etc. I usually stick to supremacy or heroes vs. villains, so I don't even really know if there is a capture the flag type mode. 

I have never had any trouble finding a room and I would say 95% of the time the rooms are full. 

I played the Tie Fighter/X Wing battle and I sucked miserably. 

I confirm that Heroes vs. Villains is probably the best mode, but I don't mind the other modes. Supremacy, Turning Point and Walker Assault are fun. They are pretty chaotic.

• Like 1