Star Wars Battlefront

apsham

I utterly hate that you have to push down the left stick to run.

I love how the game looks. Especially at the speed you move.

I hate that everyone is better at it than i am since i never play first person shooters. >_>

Not neccercerly a fan of the FPS genre, don´t see myself getting into this to deep, but if it´s ever for sale at 20€ i might pick it up and get called noob a lot.

You can change it to 3rd person if that suits you more. 

I'm not a fan of online play, so I probably won't use it too much, but playing against the AI was a load of fun.

Competitive shooters online are only fun if you're playing with people of the same skill/commitment level. I don't have 3-10 hours a day that I can sink into anything, so I'll probably give up on online play when the game launches officially. Couch co-op is going to be so much fun though.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of online play, so I probably won't use it too much, but playing against the AI was a load of fun.

Competitive shooters online are only fun if you're playing with people of the same skill/commitment level. I don't have 3-10 hours a day that I can sink into anything, so I'll probably give up on online play when the game launches officially. Couch co-op is going to be so much fun though.

Yeah this is probably going to be why I don't end up getting it. My friends will be on Destiny with me and Halo between themselves so I won't even have anyone to play with all that much really.

• 1 month later...

This is just.. so fucking hard to get a handle on. It looks amazing, it feels amazing but the experience is just outside of my grasp. The single player stuff is tacked on and useless, I mean absolutely useless. Even the mode that isn't a Horde type survival thing is basically the same exact thing with aimless wandering by the AI so that makes it a purely multiplayer thing.

But that's okay - if you read reviews that is exactly what you're getting into. But the multiplayer experience is so very dependent on other people and whether they're playing well or just being total asshats. The game is also balanced in a way that's going to make sure that you aren't too frustrated.. but at the same time it doesn't seem to leave a lot of room for you to dominate consistently either. At times it can just feel empty outside of the 40 player modes. Ack, I dunno.

What keeps popping into my head is "if this didn't have a Star Wars skin on it, I wouldn't like this".

The fact that you now actually have a chance as the rebels on walker assault makes it better. 

Also...I got a trophy for an ewok throwing something at my head. Didn't even realise one of them threw something at my head <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Quite enjoyed my first few attempts at the new game mode, 'Turning Point'. It's a little more open and clusterfucky than some of the others, but does feel quite epic in scale.

Ended up getting the new map on a Drop Pod game too. Not sure what I think of it yet.

What are everyone's favourite modes/maps? I tend to play Blast the most. I quite like the Ice Caves, as well as the smaller Endor map.

9 hours ago, DFF said:

Quite enjoyed my first few attempts at the new game mode, 'Turning Point'. It's a little more open and clusterfucky than some of the others, but does feel quite epic in scale.

Ended up getting the new map on a Drop Pod game too. Not sure what I think of it yet.

What are everyone's favourite modes/maps? I tend to play Blast the most. I quite like the Ice Caves, as well as the smaller Endor map.

I pretty much only do Walker Assault now.

6 minutes ago, ApSans said:

I think that's fair for the most part - it would help to alleviate some of the DLC cost at the same time if you do end up enjoying it.

I also don't have time for online multiplayer until probably summer, and it seems like that's what the game is mostly for since there is no campaign(seriously how the fuck is there no campaign) or galactic conquest type mode.