Complete Your Collection

Benji

http://eu.square-enix.com/sites/default/files/image_gallery/469/7c948c03121973d15a03e4f862a38aec.png

FINAL FANTASY X [HD REMASTER]
Released: March 21, 2014
Bought on release day

Play Throught Status: All but super bosses and final boss to face

Already beat it once on PS2, so it went into lower priority, but finally jumped back in yesterday and made real progress, beat Ultima Weapon, Omega Weapon and Dark Valefor, as well as entered the final dungeon all the way bar the final battle, but got whooped by Dark Ifrit, so I'm doing a shitload of training at the moment. I could easily finish it at any point, but I want to try and platinum it if possible, as it is such a beloved game to me.

I haven't posted in here for ages and its actually down to me not having played any games for the last nearly 2 months. Just didn't feel like it, plus I've been mega busy. Thought I'd jump back in today.

logo-420.png

Obviously not an old game I'm needing to finish off, but the current episodes have been out a while. Played episode 4 today and I'll probably do 5 soon. 4 was really good, quite a few moments which were really cool and actually a 'feel good' bit or two. Of course it all went to shit by the end, as is always the way.

Lego_batman_2_logo.png

This one is really fun, and just a great way to spend some time without having to think too much. Pretty sure I'm right near the end and while it's been good, there seems to be an alarming lack of other heroes to play as in the main story. I mean, considering the name of the game anyway. So far its been all Batman, Robin and Superman. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Lego Marvel which I played a few months back.

Star-Wars-KOTOR-2.png

I've been wanting to get this played for ages but it always seemed daunting because it's obviously going to be a long ass game. The opening portion is really long too and I think that put me off when I tried it in the past. Blasted through that anyway and I'm already in love with this. Story is interesting enough so far and I really like the characters who have joined me. I'm still quite early on, but I'm enjoying it enough that a whole load of hours flew by without me noticing, which is always a good sign.  

This one is really fun, and just a great way to spend some time without having to think too much. Pretty sure I'm right near the end and while it's been good, there seems to be an alarming lack of other heroes to play as in the main story. I mean, considering the name of the game anyway. So far its been all Batman, Robin and Superman. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Lego Marvel which I played a few months back.

Lego Batman 3 is a lot better as far as having a big roster of heroes in the main story.

I haven't posted in here for ages and its actually down to me not having played any games for the last nearly 2 months. Just didn't feel like it, plus I've been mega busy. Thought I'd jump back in today.

logo-420.png

Obviously not an old game I'm needing to finish off, but the current episodes have been out a while. Played episode 4 today and I'll probably do 5 soon. 4 was really good, quite a few moments which were really cool and actually a 'feel good' bit or two. Of course it all went to shit by the end, as is always the way.

Lego_batman_2_logo.png

Star-Wars-KOTOR-2.png

I've been wanting to get this played for ages but it always seemed daunting because it's obviously going to be a long ass game. The opening portion is really long too and I think that put me off when I tried it in the past. Blasted through that anyway and I'm already in love with this. Story is interesting enough so far and I really like the characters who have joined me. I'm still quite early on, but I'm enjoying it enough that a whole load of hours flew by without me noticing, which is always a good sign.  

Are you using the Restored Content Mod for KOTOR 2? I love the game as it is, but the additional content is essential for the full experience.

logo-420.png

Lego_batman_2_logo.png

Star-Wars-KOTOR-2.png

Are you using the Restored Content Mod for KOTOR 2? I love the game as it is, but the additional content is essential for the full experience.

I considered it but decided to play it as it comes, I'll probably end up playing a 2nd time anyway so I'd do that then.

BioShock_Installer_Logo.png

5 Hours into the first Bioshock, really enjoying it so far. I remember trying to get into it years ago on 360 but couldn't but I've decided to give it another go. It's very different from Bioshock Infinite (which I loved) but I'm having funny hunting down Big Daddies.

I've used spoiler tags for some stuff that contains plot details, no matter how old the games are its best to be safe.

Lego_batman_2_logo.png

Progress: COMPLETED

It was never going to take long to finish this one off, it was a blast though. Despite my earlier complaint, the last few sections with all the Justice League guys were really fun. There's clearly a lot of extra stuff to do (main story only brings total completion to about 14%), but with the story over, there's nothing to make me want to continue. Fun for what it was, but another off the list.

Star-Wars-KOTOR-2.png

Progress: 8 Hours (out of an estimated 40)

I'm approaching the 10 hour mark and I blasted through the mining station on Peragus and the Citadel with all the Ithorian/Exchange/Czerka corp stuff (helped the Ithorians). Enjoyed it all and left with nothing much else to do on the citadel than a couple of side quests which seem like I wouldn't be able to do them yet anyway. Went down to Telos IV and met Bao-Dur. He seems cool, Atton is still my favourite character so far though. Anyway the first group on enemies I met wiped me within seconds. Not sure what I'm meant to do to level up (maybe I need better equipment?), it was annoying anyway. I'm thinking of knocking it down to easy , since I'm only really playing for the story anyway although I suspect in a game like this it won't make much of a difference anyway.

ff-logo-3.png

Progress: 5 Hours (out of an estimated 30)

My frustration with Star Wars led me to try another rpg which I forgot I owned on Steam. I briefly played this on the 3DS when it first came out years ago so I had a rough idea of what to expect. 

Gotten much further than last time already, which it turns out isn't that far at all (about 5 hours). I like all the characters so far but I'm hoping they get fleshed out a little more as things go on. All I know is that they're all orphans, Regia is the daughter of a blakcsmith and Ingus is a King's Guard. I know its only an early series entry I'm not expecting too much. Its a shame the 'guest' characters don't join as permanent party members because I like them rather a lot; Princess Sara, Desch and Cid are all pretty cool. My part was Monk, White Mage, Thief & Red Mage but I switched the Monk (who was making slow progress) to a Black Mage, mainly because I needed more magic for the part of the game I had to do in 'mini' status. I realise it would be quite easy to 'break' with certain combinations, but I wanted each character to have their own identities. I'm planning advanced jobs later to be appropriate follow ons, ie. my Thief will probably become a ranger later.

Story wise I just killed the Giant Rat and restored Nepto's eye. I've helped the Vikings and I'm about to set off on their ship (their last ship, which they gifted me as a reward for making it so they're able to sail again - duh?), not sure exactly where to go so I'll explore a little. Came across a place called 'The Tower of Owen' which had super creepy music, I got the feeling I shouldn't be there just yet and promptly bailed. 

Current Overall Progress 

PS4

• Dragon Age: Inquisition*
  • Valiant Hearts -The Great War- *
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

PS3

• Ni No Kuni*
  • Metal Gear Solid 4*
  • Splinter Cell HD Collection: Splinter Cell, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory

PS3 - PS Plus Free Games

• Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 
  • Rayman Origins
  • Crysis 3
  • DmC Devil May Cry
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Demon's Souls - I'll give this a try again as its quite fun, probably not actually going to complete it realistically. Too hard  :( 
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
  • Catherine
  • ICO
  • Shadow of the Colossus 
  • Jak & Daxter Trilogy
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Steam/Origin/PC

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC only*
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution*
  • L.A. Noire*
  • Final Fantasy VII 
  • Jade Empire*
  • GTA IV*
  • Mirrors Edge*
  • Final Fantasy IV*
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth*
  • Broken Age - I've done the first part, waiting for the second to release*
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect*
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II* 
  • Resident Evil 4*
  • Thief*
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • State of Decay
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes*
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  • Guacamelee!*
  • Crysis 2
  • A Bird Story
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Darksiders
  • Final Fantasy III*
  • Portal 2
  • Sonic Generations*
  • Dead Space 3*

2DS

• Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire* 
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

I picked up Black Flag for like £6 recently. Loved Assassins Creed, 2 and Brotherhood. Didn't fancy 3 after the reviews.

Loving this one though. A rich world, beautiful for PS3 and the ocean actually feels like a living, breathing place rather than a watery road. Some of those waves in the storms are huuuuuge.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

On a similar, but much more backwards, Assassin Creed note - I am playing Assassins Creed 2 properly for the first time. For whatever reason I only got started on the franchise with Brotherhood, then played Revelations and 3, and only a very small bit of Black Flag.

So yes, I'm reacquainting myself with Ezio's magnificence. Shame at the moment I've just arrived in Forli, which is a miserable little hole of a place...but Venice soon!

Rocket-League-logo.jpg

Trophy Progress: 45/45 **PLATINUM** ***COMPLETED***

Trophy_Platinum.png

So god damn satisfying to finally get that 500km trophy. 4th Plat!

stealth-inc-2-cover.jpg

Trophy Progress: 1/12

Clicked it by accident trying to pick something else and figured I'd give it a go. Interesting little platformer. Might go back to it some other time.

limbo-logo-530.jpg

Trophy Progress: 2/13

Bought this on recommendation of Ollie, and it's dark and depressing as shit. Kinda feel compelled to go back and finish it at some point though.

dying-light-logo.png

Trophy Progress: 5/59

Annoyingly has DLC Trophies, but it's a god damn beautiful game. The night phases are fucking terrifying. The world itself seems genuinely interesting. Will definitely be seeing this through to the end. Might even buy the DLC if it holds my interest long enough.

Trophy Progress: 64%

A great deal of this weekend has been spent hunting feathers, glyphs, codex pages, and basically all the shitty little bits and pieces that will yield me nothing on my progress percentage until I get them all...which, considering I'm doing all this on Sequence 8 of 14 and haven't access to half of Venezia yet, will still be a while.

• Like 1

ACBF_hero.jpg

18 measly percent.

I found myself chasing down all the chests and pieces of whatever, bottles, secrets and so on and then asked myself a question: Am I seriously going to try to get 100% of everything?

Of course the answer is no so I'm not bothering so much now. Not even looked at what I need to complete to get trophies (as is my usual style). So 18% is probably mostly just through storyline with the odd nugget of doing something enough times to get a bronze. I'll probably do stuff like capturing all the forts and trying to sink all the mythical ships, but that feels more part of the game than grabbing stuff.

I ended up thinking the same with Brotherhood. I completed the story and was totally happy just to leave it there. Looking at my trophy collection most of my games sit between 15% and 30%. Heh.

Ahhh yes I remember the sweep guards with long weapon one. I think that was one of the few I didn't get in that game. Side missions are cool generally. Assassination missions and so on can be really good. I'm enjoying sneaking into plantations etc to raid warehouses so that's all good. I'm JUST reaching the stage that I do in AC games where I get fearless and just wander around killing soldiers without a care. Taking on the British HQ by myself last night was amazing. Very different to when I snuck into the Spanish one a couple of weeks ago.

I thought I would leap straight on to Trophy-Hunting on Assassins Creed Brotherhood, which I had left after completing the main story with Trophies at 53% and DNA Synch at 92% (which is a lot more relevant than ACII because now there's actually a trophy that requires 100% DNA Synch).

However, I discovered there to be problems with this:

1. Ten of the trophies are Multiplayer-Only trophies. FUCK THAT NOISE.

2. I now find myself having to do all the side-missions I had ignored because they gave me so much rage (Thief Race missions, I'm looking at you). OR WORSE, replaying other missions to get 100% rather than 50% synch be meeting whatever stupid criteria they set for me. It was glorious not having to deal with this nonsense in ACII.

3. Since it's an old save, I have no idea what's going on and can't even remember most of the new game mechanics. :shifty: (Last night I was playing a mission where the Full Synch thing was to ensure the guy doesn't die. I found myself unintentionally 'locked on' to him in fight mode, so instinctively pressed L1 to remove the Lock as per ACII...having forgotten that in Brotherhood this in fact calls down a swarm of fellow assassins to stab him from the sky. Whoops.)

So I may or may not do this trophy thing. If not, I've also got Black Flag which I barely got 10% into the first time, or Unity which I never got to start at all...

• Like 2