Complete Your Collection

Benji

So I restarted Assassin's Creed: Black Flag this morning in what I'm calling my "Quest For Five." I figured since it was the first game that I bought when I picked up my PS4, that it should be the game I go back and beat but since it has been so long since I played it and I was only 3% complete, I would just restart and focus more on the story. I think I collected everything on the island except for that damn Sea Shanty because I'll be damned if I'm wasting time chasing those damn things. I stopped once I got into Havana because I can't focus on it when people are home and my girlfriend came home about that time.

I have a feeling Assassin's Creed: Black Flag is going to take me forever. I've focused mostly on collecting stuff so I've played probably a good 6 or 7 hours so far and I'm only about 8% through it. As I said previously, I've been collecting everything except the sea shanties because they're just annoying. I might go back later and try to collect them all but for now I'm just going for the chests, secrets, and animus fragments. I've done one of the Assassin's Contracts that required me to kill someone at sea. I honestly hate using the ship so I'm trying to do everything I can without using the boat but unfortunately the game forces you to since I am supposed to be a pirate after all. 

Are you trying to platinum Black Flag with all the online shit it asks of you too? If so, good luck...

The good thing about assassins contracts is that when you're told to do one several islands away, you can just Fast Travel instantly to the nearest island to save yourself the sailing time. Occasionally the target was actually stood right below the viewpoint on the island I materialised on. That's what we call masterful stealth. :shifty: 

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Are you trying to platinum Black Flag with all the online shit it asks of you too? If so, good luck...

The good thing about assassins contracts is that when you're told to do one several islands away, you can just Fast Travel instantly to the nearest island to save yourself the sailing time. Occasionally the target was actually stood right below the viewpoint on the island I materialised on. That's what we call masterful stealth. :shifty: 

Oh hell no. I'm not a Trophy guy. I collect them if I happen to get them but I just don't have the time anymore to really go for platinum's on my game. I'm more about beating the game to 100% which unfortunately will require me to go after the sea shanties eventually. I just kind of want to get this game out of the way because I have both Syndicate and Fall Out 4 waiting in the wings.

5 hours ago, Avenged said:

If you can't catch sea shanties, return to its origin point and wait. After a few minutes it'll respawn and if you're on the right spot you will instantly collect it. 

Seriously? I thought you had to leave the area to get them. 

Platinumed Assassin's Creed Syndicate in roughly three and a half days. That's more like it. (H) 

Will have to do the Jack the Ripper DLC at some point, but a break will no doubt be good for me...plus it's £12, so I'll wait.

• Like 2

Spent 5 hours on Black Flag tonight, which a lot of it went into ship fighting and sucking at it. I did manage to get to the statue of the Mayan Seer dude before I stopped for the evening. It took me way too much time to sneak past those damn assassin's to find Kidd.

2 hours ago, DeliBenji said:

Missable. It's entertaining, but it's basically only the words "Final Fantasy" that made me pay attention beyond its mediocre offering. The ending pulled the heart strings though.

If you played Crisis Core - the combat is a very simplified version of that.

Good to know. Won't be adding it to my Steam wishlist, then.