Complete Your Collection

Benji

I tend to get rid of my systems and games once I purchase a new system. Right now my current list of games would all be for PS4

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (about 3% complete so far)

Grand Theft Auto V (Lent to a friend, still in plastic when I lent it)

Last Of Us: Remastered (Completed Story Mode, Still DLC to complete)

Killzone: Shadow Fall (Not sure why I bought it as FPS's are not my thing)

Far Cry 4 (See above)

Bloodborne (just purchased. Still in package)

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Just purchased. Still in the package.)

Watch Dogs (Probably about 30% complete)

Dragon Age: Inquisition (On it's way)

Then there are the sports games that you don't neccessarily ever beat.

MLB: The Show 14 and 15

NHL 15

Currently Playing: Shadows Of Mordor

sapphirebox.jpg

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE

Released Nov 28, 2014

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Final Stretch

Since last time I had some fun flying around and catching random mons. Added Bagon to my team which evolved into Shelgon. Had some good fortune as some Poké's needed some levelling up so they weren't so far behind, and I found Audino in a mirage spot, which was useful. Then went through Victory Road with no worries and had my battle with Wally which came down to an amusingly perfect Gallade (Wally's) VS Gardevor (mine) and predictably ended with me winning.

Next up Elite Four, and once that's done I'm crossing it off. Will obviously play post-game, but I'll be playing something else for my collection completion.

sapphirebox.jpg

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE

Released Nov 28, 2014

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: COMPLETE

Aaaand done! Beat the Elite 4 and Champion, and finished Delta Episode for good measure. Now there's the Battle Tower stuff for post-game, and completing the dex (which I'll probably do before the next Pokémon game).

Next up on handheld - Fire Emblem: Awakening.

• Like 1

Decided to boot up one of the games I hadn't played yet and chose Never Alone. Really nice, easy game. Should have it finished later this evening to get my second 100% on the board.

...aaaaand done.

Did you play it from start to finish in one day?

It's really short. Took me probably 4 hours overall. Only challenge was a couple of the collectables being difficult to find, but I got there in the end.

It's a nice simplistic game that gives some interesting background on an interesting culture. I liked it, but I wouldn't go in expecting loads to do. It's fairly linear.

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE PHANTOM HOURGLASS

Released Jun 23, 2007

Bought sometime around 2009

Play Through Status: Just begun, about 3 hours in

of the estimated 25 hours

I've never really played a LoZ game for a lengthy period beyond Twilight Princess, and I never beat that either, so this will be my first completed member of the series if/when I get there. I stopped playing originally because... I don't remember why, I think it was just an impulse purchase I played for a day here and there and gave up, so I've restarted. I originally intended to go with Fire Emblem but forgot to charge my 3DS <_<

This is really fun in a simple kind of way. I beat the first boss and got some Power thing, not really struggled with anything yet, but I'm sure that'll change. Love the animation style, big fan of cel shaded art and feel like it barely dates at all. Expressions are hilarious (dizzy Link holding a key in celebration made me giggle). Not sure how long the game is, so not sure how deep I am, but it felt like I did a fair bit in a short length of time. Just got the second area of the sea map, and will pick it up from there tomorrow.

Now that my uni schedule has lightened slightly, I'm going to get in on this to motivate me to finish some games off.

Some self set ground rules;

1) No replays, even if it is a slightly different version or on a different format

2) I do not care about achievements/trophies and will not be dedicating any time to chasing them

3) Stuff I paid for takes precedence over an PS Plus games

4) I will not buy any new games until I'm at least halfway though this list

I'm only going to include stuff that I actually want to play so a bunch of Steam stuff I got in sales probably won't get a look in.

I tend to use How Long to Beat for game lengths, although I don't think I'll bother listing them all here.

Here's what I've got, the ones with an * by them are games I've already started...

PS4

• Dragon Age: Inquisition*
  • Final Fantasy Type-0*
  • Valiant Hearts -The Great War- *
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

PS3

• Ni No Kuni*
  • Metal Gear Solid 4*

Steam/Origin/PC

• The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLC only*
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution*
  • L.A. Noire*
  • Final Fantasy VII - I have completed this as a kid, but I'm pretty sure I used an Xplorer, so it doesn't count.*
  • Jade Empire*
  • GTA IV*
  • Mirrors Edge*
  • Final Fantasy IV*
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth*
  • Broken Age - I've done the first part, waiting for the second to release*
  • Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect*
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II*
  • Resident Evil 4*
  • Thief*
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • State of Decay
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes*
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  • Guacamelee!*
  • Crysis 2
  • A Bird Story
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Darksiders
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Portal 2
  • Sonic Generations
  • Dead Space 3*

Shit that's even more than I thought, I don't even remember buying some of those. I knocked even more off of the list which did fit my criteria but perhaps I wasn't overly impressed with. If this thing is too big I'm never going to get anywhere. Annnd just a few more;

2DS

• Pokemon: Alpha Sapphire*
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Anyway, the first one I'm tackling is Dragon Age Inquistion. I had a save of abour 60 hours and then decided I didn't like my character, class or the way I'd built him (I was a human male rogue) so I started again with a female elven mage for maximum potential in game conflicts. I'm almost 30 hours in to the new game, but I've almost caught up storywise as this time I've done very little stuff.

• Like 1

I don't have a hope in hell of actually 'completing' everything, seeing as I've already ditched five of them, probably won't get the DLC for the few games that have them unless I get some PSN credit, and some of the PS+ games are so crap from what I've played of them that I might just delete them whilst I have none of the trophies so it doesn't linger with a low number on my record :P

My personal target is 70% of my total collection. I've got 10 games I haven't started yet, and of the apparent 1227 trophies available for the games I own/have played, they contribute 235 of that. Taking those out of the equation, using just games I've acquired trophies for, I have about 35%, which is half of my target. With some more free time over the summer, I should be able to bump that up nicely :P