Complete Your Collection

Benji

So yesterday I managed to knock off Dragon Age, totalled about 75 hours in the end. There's still as I mentioned some stuff to do if I fancy revisiting... namely killing the Dragons and exploring one high level I somehow managed to totally miss.

Anyway I picked my next game because it is also fairly new (to me anyway) and I may as well stick with the PS4 while I have all my sound system hooked up to it. Taking a page out of Forky's book...

Talion.png

MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR

Decided I didn't want another RPG just yet, something fun where I can run around stabbing stuff was what I needed. Only had a short go yesterday, a little over 2 hours and I'm apparently 9% through. I'm intending to do all the story missions as well as the side ones with the red and white logos on the map, unless they become repetitive. Won't bother collecting every little thing, but yeah so far it's ridiculously fun as well as looking rather amazing.

I'm trying to complete Dragon Age: Inquisition right now, I'm at Skyhold and I'm a Knight Enchanter, I'm playing at Nightmare and I try to outlevel the enemies but they just scale with me -_-. I've ran out of ideas where to level so tips would be welcome!

So yesterday I managed to knock off Dragon Age, totalled about 75 hours in the end. There's still as I mentioned some stuff to do if I fancy revisiting... namely killing the Dragons and exploring one high level I somehow managed to totally miss.

Anyway I picked my next game because it is also fairly new (to me anyway) and I may as well stick with the PS4 while I have all my sound system hooked up to it. Taking a page out of Forky's book...

Talion.png

MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR

Decided I didn't want another RPG just yet, something fun where I can run around stabbing stuff was what I needed. Only had a short go yesterday, a little over 2 hours and I'm apparently 9% through. I'm intending to do all the story missions as well as the side ones with the red and white logos on the map, unless they become repetitive. Won't bother collecting every little thing, but yeah so far it's ridiculously fun as well as looking rather amazing.

Just a heads up, the red ones will keep coming. The white ones do have an end point.

• Like 1

ent_logo.png

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: WAR OF THE LIONS

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Map 20 of 69 (STILL!!!)

Okay this fight is a bastard. Ramza starts off on the opposite side of the gate to my four other characters and has no worries, but the other four have to endure two archers, three knights and a summoner all spread out whilst we're backed into a corner. I seem to have encountered the worst luck too, as my raise failed FOUR TIMES IN A FECKING ROW. Fucking irritating. Might spend some more time levelling up just so I can breeze it, but I really want to just beat it where I am.

oddworld-new-n-tasty-walkthrough.jpg

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty

Released: March 27, 2015

Bought on release day

So, I'm in! I love 100%ing games and this is a great way to put pressure on myself! So, I'll start out with one of my favorite games from my youth.

I'm glad the remake is out on the One finally and well, I need to collect 36 achievements for a total of 1000 points with the hardest being:

Odd Messiah - Recue every Mudokon while finishing New 'n' Tasty in Hard mode.

Still Life - Escape Stockyards and Free Fire Zone without triggering the alarm or dying.

Escape Fartis - Escape from RuptureFarms without Abe being spotted by any Slig.

and

New 'n' Hasty - Rescue every Mudoon with an overall Best Time of 3:00:00 or less.

So, I'm wishing myself luck!

• Like 3

I feel left out not using pretty pictures :(

But I'm not 71% through Shadows Of Mordor. I've pretty much only been picking up artifacts and doing the ithael pick ups to get this far. I did do the first quest for Torven and got

my ability to counter Caragoers.

3 levels left to perfect on Velocity 2X to get the Platinum, but they are all a pain in the ass to do. Taking a break from that to play something else instead for a bit:

Minecraft-logo.jpg

Trophy Progress: 24/51 (47%)

I have no idea why I bothered getting this game, so I just want to try and rush through as much as I can so I can trade it in for credit to use towards Arkham Knight. I've had about 16 of them for ages, but haven't played it in about three months. Picked up another 8 in about an hour just going around the tutorial world.

Some of these look like another massive pain in the ass, but a fair few look pretty simple to obtain. Hopefully can get another 12 quickly to hit my 70% acceptable mark so I can ditch it.

3 levels left to perfect on Velocity 2X to get the Platinum, but they are all a pain in the ass to do. Taking a break from that to play something else instead for a bit:

Minecraft-logo.jpg

Trophy Progress: 24/51 (47%)

I have no idea why I bothered getting this game, so I just want to try and rush through as much as I can so I can trade it in for credit to use towards Arkham Knight. I've had about 16 of them for ages, but haven't played it in about three months. Picked up another 8 in about an hour just going around the tutorial world.

Some of these look like another massive pain in the ass, but a fair few look pretty simple to obtain. Hopefully can get another 12 quickly to hit my 70% acceptable mark so I can ditch it.

Assuming the achievements are the same as the Xbox version, the real pain in the ass is gonna be the Zombie Villager achievement. It took Achievement Hunter an inordinate amount of time to just find one.

Minecraft-logo.jpg

Trophy Progress: 34/51

Ten of the remaining ones weren't as difficult as they seemed; the trouble was finding diamonds. That got me a diamond pickaxe, which got me a Nether portal, which was one of the more annoying ones. Question for anyone who has the game though, what am I supposed to do there? It's just empty and there's a ton of things on fire.

A few of the remaining ones don't look too difficult. Can probably sweep another three tomorrow to nudge over 70%.

I agree that the zombie villager one is going to be annoying, though. I didn't even know Zombie Villagers were a thing, I thought it just meant zombies, so thanks for pointing out that there's a difference :P

Minecraft achievements aren't the worst, just can be a bit of a slog to get some of the harder ones or you can just piggy back off a friend's world who has everything set up right.

Speaking of MC achievements though, it's annoying they patched in the next gen ones into the older gen versions, now I have 400/1000 on the 360 instead of 400/400. :shifty:

As for The Nether, it is a place of great evil that will only bring you pain and suffering. It's where you will get a a few achievements or at least get things to get you to that point but just be careful with what you're carrying because you're liable to lose your shit at some point in there.

• Like 1

ent_logo.png

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: WAR OF THE LIONS

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Map 26 of 69

Finally moved on, and in spite of three battles back to back with no chance to grind, in spite of the game freezing on one of said battles multiple times, and in spite of the fact I was insanely under-levelled, I managed to clear the 26th map (and how the fuck am I still not half way >_>).

• Like 1

Minecraft achievements aren't the worst, just can be a bit of a slog to get some of the harder ones or you can just piggy back off a friend's world who has everything set up right.

Speaking of MC achievements though, it's annoying they patched in the next gen ones into the older gen versions, now I have 400/1000 on the 360 instead of 400/400. :shifty:

As for The Nether, it is a place of great evil that will only bring you pain and suffering. It's where you will get a a few achievements or at least get things to get you to that point but just be careful with what you're carrying because you're liable to lose your shit at some point in there.

Ellis helped me out a lot!

Minecraft-logo.jpg

Trophy Progress: 36/51

I've hit my 70% mark by rounding off two easier ones I ignored. Not gonna bother with the more advanced questing stuff.

Onto a different game!

guacamelee_super_turbo_logo.png

Trophy Progress: 11/36

They've added five DLC trophies just to seemingly piss me off because I won't get the DLC to get them <_< but I did pick up another five by playing it for a bit today, so I'm moving forward!

• Like 1

oddworld-new-n-tasty-walkthrough.jpg

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee - New 'n' Tasty

Released: March 27, 2015

Bought on release day

So, my first playthrough is on hard and I'm a quarter through chapter two, if I remember correctly from years ago!

So far I've netted the following achievements:

Mudokonga - Rescue 9 Mudokons at the same time.

Oops... - Fail to observe your surroundings.

Coming Soon... - Find an advert for some New 'n' Tasty entertainment.

Cooked to Perfection - Destroy a Chant Suppressor with a cooked grenade.

Hit the Deck - As a possessed Slig, fire over the head of a cowering Mudokon

Close encounters of the Slig kind - Kill a slig with any kind of mine.

Under New Management - Drop 2 Sligs down a single trapdoor at the same time.

Speed of the Mudanchee - Run from a Scrab for 25 meters and survive.

Close Shave - Escape a Scrab by the skin of your loins.

Disciple of Odd - Rescue a quarter of all the Mudokons.

So, my Xbone says I'm 15% in, so Hooray for me!

Also this game has been loads of fun! Still one of my favorite platformers!