Complete Your Collection

Benji

I'm about to have a lot of free time but I tend to buy more games all the time. I have 2 unopened games, 1 on the way, 2 more to come over the next 2 months AND I'm thinking of buying Slender Man this weekend. I'll never complete anything.

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE PHANTOM HOURGLASS

Released Jun 23, 2007

Bought sometime around 2009

Play Through Status: Chapter 3 of 8

Not actually using the guide I've linked to play, just using it as a reference for how far I am in the game.

Got a bit more complex this chapter, but still nothing that really gave any trouble (though I did spend ages trying to guess the fog puzzle until giving up and heading to the island in the south >_> ). Wind temple was really fun. Got bombs - yay! Beat Cylok (sp?) in what was a fun little battle, with cool use of the dual screen. Really want to know what the heck the Gems are for, as I have a bunch of them and they don't seem to have a use. The cannon is really fun, I like shooting those little octopus thing for loads of rupees, I would spend ages playing that as a mini-game of keepy uppies

:shifty:

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

Released Jun 23, 2007

Play Through Status: Chapter 4 of 8

Didn't have as much time yesterday to play due to social commitment (boooooo), so only really got about half way through a chapter. Hated that I had to basically re-do the first few floors of the Temple of the Ocean King, that felt like a really cheap way to extend the game's length, but the basements below it were fun. Took me an age to figure out the pressing the sacred crest thing, and I have to admit that I got frustrated and looked at a guide for that after about fifteen minutes of trying to scribble and doodle and run around trying to find something to press it with. Got the salvage arm (which again, involved arduously going around an area I'd already done, really not liking this artificial extension of the game) and went salvaging to get the Sun Key, then called it a night half way through the chapter or thereabouts.

Tonight - I salvage the Sun Key!

Finished the story mode on inFamous: First Light. Most of the rest of the trophies seem to be based around the arena mode the game has, so that'll be easy enough as a time killer.

It's a nice little game that gives more background to Second Son, so it's worth a play if you haven't already.

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

Released Jun 23, 2007

Play Through Status: Chapter 5 of 8

Thanks to only getting half way through a chapter Wednesday due to social commitments (again, booooo!), I'm halfway through chapter five rather than at the end or start of one. I managed to finally get to Tetra/Zelda, but a lot happened in between. I got the bow (yay), beat the Bane of Courage in what took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out (I figured out the bow stuff, but kept trying to hit his head rather than the crystals), met Linebeck's rival pirate a few times (and kicked her ass), went and grabbed me all the salvage available (incidentally, having to get the arm fixed is fucking tedious, they should just have made the salvage depth longer but have it automatically fix when you fail), increased my power thingymabob at the spirit island, found the Ghost Ship, beat the lying sister bosses in a fun game of volleyball, got to Tetra, met Zauz the blacksmith (this guy has got to be Ganondorf, right?), and finally got halfway through the Temple of the Ocean King (doing the same artificial extension

again) before deciding to call it a night.

Productive session.

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

Released Jun 23, 2007

Play Through Status: Chapter 6 of 8

Finished trip around the Ocean Temple for the fourth time (this is getting really fucking arduous) and went to the new region of sea. Goron area was probably my favourite so far, and I wish they'd been more time to be the goron, because that was stupidly fun, especially the boss battle. Went to the frost island which was really fun too, especially the temple. Ice Temple boss battle was by far my favourite boss battle so far, really fun (and yay! Grappling hook!). Now I have to go through the Ocean King temple... again. Fuck's sakes.

Haven't made much progress, and I'm home away from my PS4 for the next couple of days. Grabbed another few on First Light and grabbed one on Velocity 2X that's been taunting me for a while, so that was satisfying.

Far Cry is gonna be a bitch. It's very quickly fallen into the category of 'can't stop dying', so I might just restart it and see if I've just done something horribly wrong.

I'm still considering whether or not to go PS4 or xBone and also when. I'm thinking I should clear up whats left of what I have on 360 and ps3 first

PS3 (Mostly bought just to play the exclusive titles)

God of War Trilogy: I have not even watched any of this game. Only heard good things. So I bought it.

Borderlands, Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel: Same as above.

Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare: Completed them both on 360 but got them on ps3. Might as well.

Uncharted Series: Played the first one straight through, kinda touched the second. Third looks good and I'll want to play 4

Beyond 2 Souls: Mostly because I enjoyed Heavy Rain.

GTA-V: Finished on 360, got on PS3 just for Online as that's where most friends were playing.

360 (Practically played through everything I have)7 No idea why I have this...

The Saboteur: Started it. It's quite long or I just suck and am easily distracted (Probably the latter)

Driver San Francisco: I don't even

Left 4 Dead 2: I already played it on PC no idea why I have this.

PC

I'm not even gonna list this. I play maybe 3-4 games on a regular basis. The rest just sit there waiting to be installed.

Edited by Rocky

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

Released Jun 23, 2007

Play Through Status: Chapter 8 of 8

Temple of the Ocean King (again!) done, went to Island of the Dead and did all the stuff there (struggled to figure out where the heck the secret base was for ages), then did all the stuff for getting access to King Mutoh's temple, had some fun with the time puzzles in there, got the hammer (kind of hooray, I can't figure out how to get to some locations because I was expecting some kind of tightrope that didn't need to be tied to something), and then kicked the ass of the huge rock/wood giant thingymabob to finish chapter seven. Then onto the final chapter, got my sword made, beat Jolene in another easy battle, got the hilt put on, and now I just have the final battle... after going through the Temple of the Ocean King. I've liked the game, but fucking hell I'm sick to death of that temple.

Also pre-empted LoZ ending to start a new game last night...

ent_logo.png

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: WAR OF THE LIONS

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Just begun, Map 2 of 69

I never got a chance to play the original release on PSOne because it wasn't released in Europe and PAL restrictions didn't allow me to just buy a foreign copy. So 2007 came along and I bought the remake War of the Lions, and whilst I enjoyed it, I never got very far, let alone as far as I did with Tactics Advance (released BEFORE this in Europe), which I also never finished. Along with LoZ:PH this was one of many games I got in 2007 and never completed (I was on a binge). For my play through though, I'll actually be playing the PSOne version, they're the same but for a few minor details, but I want to play it on my phone, which is easier to do with the PSOne version than PSP version. So... yeah.

Played the opening two battles, first was boring as hell as I only controlled Ramza, second was more fun, but I spent ages chasing down the fecking chemist. Still, EXP and all that. That's all I played so far, but I've enjoyed it.

• Like 1

6818-cnivsnwjay.jpg

Released Jun 23, 2007

Play Through Status: COMPLETE!

Temple of the Ocean King done and never again visited, final boss beat in a ridiculously easy finale, and my first ever Legend of Zelda completed. That was really fun, especially the finale, despite it's ease. Glad to have played it.

• Like 1

This thread inspired me to finish Valkyria Chronicles, having got about halfway through a couple of years ago. Back then, I thought it was a quaint little game with a nice art style, but now, I think it's a fantastic experience all round. The gameplay is a really refreshing blend of strategic and puzzle elements, and in the vein of XCOM, the deaths of your squad members can really hurt. The story, though little more than a twee retelling of World War II with a sprinkling of fantasy elements, still had its emotionally impactful moments, and by the end of the game, I had grown attached to a lot of the characters. There are a few sharp difficulty spikes, but once you come to terms with the game's nuances, completing missions becomes a very rewarding experience, and that's coming from someone who usually shies away from challenging games. If you haven't already given it a try, put it on your Steam wishlist or try to find a cheap PS3 copy.

• Like 2

ent_logo.png

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Map 5 of 69

Oh God, now I remember why I dropped this. There's basically no forgiveness to mistakes, and the learning curve is a pain in the ass as a result. I completed the first four maps with little trouble, but the fifth with the archers and wizards... what the fuck? Everyone is all murdery and shit, I just want to advance the story

:( I tried and died four times last night on this map before giving up. I think I need to level up or change jobs or something, but the jobs I need are unavailable or don't have weapons for sale anywhere or are downright inaccesible at the moment. Annoying.

Choosing Dragon Age: Inquisition as my first may have been an error, it's pretty much the only game on my massive list where I care about doing the majority of the extra shit. I've managed to sink an additional 12 hours into it since I last posted and despite being 10 hours behind my previous save, I'm actually further in the story (not to mentioned finding it much easier, I have no idea what I was actually doing before). I am loving it though and once I finish off this final essay for the year I can get even more stuck in.

My next pick is definitely going to be something shorter and preferably something which I'm a good ways through already.

ent_logo.png

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Map 5 of 69

Oh God, now I remember why I dropped this. There's basically no forgiveness to mistakes, and the learning curve is a pain in the ass as a result. I completed the first four maps with little trouble, but the fifth with the archers and wizards... what the fuck? Everyone is all murdery and shit, I just want to advance the story

:( I tried and died four times last night on this map before giving up. I think I need to level up or change jobs or something, but the jobs I need are unavailable or don't have weapons for sale anywhere or are downright inaccesible at the moment. Annoying.

I've always sucked at these games. They remind me too much of Chess which I also suck at. I only ever played the original FF: Tactics and it's put me off every game like that.

• Like 1

ent_logo.png

Released October 5, 2007

Bought on release day

Play Through Status: Map 5 of 69 (still)

I shouldn't have to grind after just four of the main battles (one of which was a tutorial), but the game has forced me to. I spent last night grinding my team mates and figuring out the job system (which the game never bothered explaining), upgrading everyone as much as possible. The Chemist's really need something to make them worth keeping, because they're soft as pig shit and their use of items doesn't give enough XP.

I'm still enjoying it, but it's extremely frustrating to be this early and be forced into doing this.