***SPOILERS*** Avengers: Age of Ultron

probablyoliver

Really? Why? I think they did leave it a little ambiguous in case they want to bring him back, they could say Helen Cho's casket thingy and her synthetic tissue stuff saved him, I guess. I hope they didn't, though, him dying and Wanda's reaction was a really strong emotional moment and going back on it would be a little lame.

Also, after Whedon said he regretted bringing Coulson back (damn you, Joss, Coulson is awesome!), I think it'll be a while until they bring another character back from the dead (Captain America).

Besides, he wasn't at the scene at the end of the film.

It was very good. But I feel like I'm going crazy here because my friends deny this happened.

I know it's a longshot because I think Fox owns the rights to the character but when Scarlet Witch gets to Thor and sees the Infinity Stones did he see Galactus for a quick flash or was it Vision? I could swear it was Galactus.

Was there an explanation of why Ultron could suddenly raise the ground in that scene in Korea? It's the only thing I can't think of a reason why to.

Also, anyone have the feeling Vision will die in Infinity Wars? Thanos does need the Mind Stone, and I really don't want Vision to die :(

Just saw it. It was good. Could've been better.

Pietro dying was heartbreaking because it's the most I've liked Aaron Taylor-Johnson in anything in years. But I guess the twins had to get split apart in the Marvel Universe/X-Men Universe divorce proceedings :(

Also holy shit Klaw. I can't wait for the Black Panther movie now, Andy Serkis was fun as fuck.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed it. Not as much as Guardians, but it would be hard to top that.

I might be alone in this, but I think Hawkeye was almost the star of this film. Lot's of good stuff with Clint as he plays the everyman type guy. Pretty much my favorite character in this film. I know giving him more shine was most likely to make it matter more when he dies so he can come back during the Infinity stuff (if they stick that closely to the comics), but, man, he's one of my favorite characters.

Pietro and Wanda were ok, but it just left me wanting more mutants, which isn't going to happen, so it's a let down at the same time. I mean, if we get the really OP Avengers line-up (the one that includes Parker and Logan) to fight Thanos, then that would be awesome, but I doubt it happens.

It doesn't have to be the same as the comics, though, right? I don't know, I really hope Hawkeye doesn't die, he and Nat are the only two normal humans there, and it's fun seeing them not being human and still kicking superpowered stuff. I definitely think there's at least going to be one death from the original six that will remain permanent, though, and I'm still betting it's Cap.

Hawkeye was definitely more the heart of this movie. His stuff was very effective, in part because I felt like it wasn't a shade of stuff I already knew about the team.

also, I didn't entirely care for Ultron. In a way I guess they gave me what I wanted by having him not be dour like Ronan and Malekith and the like, and sometimes I laughed at things he said, but the "he's Tony Stark's creation and so he's sort of a quippy douche like Tony" stuff was way too on-the-nose. Joss could have mined humor from him being hyper-serious and impersonal (aka he could have written him like a killer robot version of Illyria from Angel), and it would have made the "he doesn't know the difference between saving and destroying JUST LIKE TONY" stuff near the end stronger.

I uh. I liked a lot of Age of Ultron.

But man, I'm so glad that Joss is done. Because that film felt way too Joss Whedon. And I'm surprised I've now used that in a negative way. I'm with GoGo on the Ultron stuff, it didn't work for me. Like, there were funny moments, sure, but he definitely wasn't their next big villain.

I really liked Age of Ultron a lot, but I think that it obviously felt like a transition piece, which was also my biggest problem with the first Captain America movie. I think Ultron was a great villain and they had a lot of interesting bits that extended from him, but he was placed into a film that was the set up for the big battle. Whereas the first Avengers film felt more like a complete movie, this one felt like "yeah, this is happening but it's only a giant speed bump."