***SPOILERS*** Avengers: Age of Ultron

probablyoliver

The worry is, when Hemsworth, Evans, Downey Jr., Ruffalo and Johansson - who this franchise has all made legitimate household names - want to leave, will the fans of the movies understand it like with the comic books? Probably not.

Anyone can be Iron Man and anyone can be Cap, we don't need a Widow and Thor is mostly interchangeable, there is also a ton of different Hulks out there... But would anyone go for a completely different Avengers in phase 4?

Cap will definitely be in Infinity War, but will it be Steve Rodgers is what he's getting at.

Basically, Ant Man is the gateway to going 'anyone can wear the suit... If they have what it takes'... I truly believe Bucky will be Cap by the end of it all.

No. I got that - I mean Rodgers has to be in Infinity War. After that I fully expect a new Cap. Whether its Bucky or Falcon. Either is good. I just want Rodgers to get his chance to take on Thanos and save the day.

Matter of time until all the original Avengers move on. I mean Infinity War is, what, three years away?

The worry is, when Hemsworth, Evans, Downey Jr., Ruffalo and Johansson - who this franchise has all made legitimate household names - want to leave, will the fans of the movies understand it like with the comic books? Probably not.

Anyone can be Iron Man and anyone can be Cap, we don't need a Widow and Thor is mostly interchangeable, there is also a ton of different Hulks out there... But would anyone go for a completely different Avengers in phase 4?

I think after the big success Guardians was, they definitely will. There weren't any big names in that one (Cooper and Diesel were the biggest ones, but they were CGI characters) and yet it was like the 2nd or 3rd biggest box office draw of the year. The Marvel name is big enough to carry anything now, I think, and film fans have tons of trust that they can make anything good, so they'll give them a chance.

Also, Johansson and Downey Jr. were arguably big names before the Marvel movies, but that doesn't really matter :P

I would be bummed if Evans doesn't at least show up in Infinity War, he's such a perfect Steve Rogers in my opinion, which is weird because his real life personality seems nothing like it. I am pretty sure we're getting one of the original six killed in Infinity War, though, possibly at the end of Part 1. They've went through two huge Avengers movies (and various of the other MCU movies) without dying, that putting them in harm's way and all 6 of them getting away unscathed again will get old, I think. They already faked the death of Fury, and revived Coulson (I was bummed he didn't make an appearance by the way, can't wait to see their reaction when they find out he's alive), so they definitely need to pull the trigger during one of the Infinity War movies.

Which is why I think Thanos is either killing Rogers (leading to Bucky becoming Cap) or Downey Jr., and possibly Hulk having to sacrifice himself to kill Thanos at the end. Those are my predictions, at least.

People won't accept it now, and people always take up the mantle so that will be the way they go when they have too.

The Norton Hulk is mostly fogettable and you can make an argument that it isn't even particularly part of the cannon (though it is) and Ruffalo has finally defined the role.

Yeah, although it is part of the MCU, I don't think a single part of it has ever been mentioned again in the MCU, with his introduction of what happened in Harlem and the occasional mention of Abomination notwithstanding. Betty Ross was never mentioned again, and General Ross only appeared in the same footage in an after-credits scene.

Which sucks, because I so wanted to see Tim Blake Nelson turn into Leader.

• Like 1

Basically, you can not watch that film and not miss a beat of the storyline... Even in Avengers, Fury states that Stark knows about The Avengers Initiative, Stark went to Banner in the after credits scene to discuss it.

Also, when Banner and Stark meet in Avengers it's like it is the first time...

Stark went to Banner in the after credits scene to discuss it.

Which film was this? I can't remember this happening.

The Incredible Hulk.

I don't remember this happening. Stark went to see General Ross, and one of the shorts explains that it was to a ploy by Coulson to get General Ross to refuse to let Abomination to join the Avengers Initiative.

Re: Steve Rogers dying in Infinity War, I've read he is only contracted for two more movies. I'm expecting him to die at the end of Civil War as a nod to the comics, and come back somehow for the final battle in Infinity War II.

Because come on, if anything is going to ressurect someone without any question, it's a magical gauntlet with the ability to rewrite reality.

The Incredible Hulk.

I don't remember this happening. Stark went to see General Ross, and one of the shorts explains that it was to a ploy by Coulson to get General Ross to refuse to let Abomination to join the Avengers Initiative.

...That may actually be what happened. I think I only watched the damn thing once. :shifty:

The Incredible Hulk.

...That may actually be what happened. I think I only watched the damn thing once. :shifty:

Yeah the idea was that Stark as 'the consultant' would go and talk to Ross. It kept Stark in the fold and Coulson knew that Tony would end up massively pissing the General off.

I'm actually quite fond of the Incredible Hulk movie and as far as I'm concerned it's just as much a part of the universe as the first Iron Man and Thor films.

It'd be fairly random if the first time we ever saw Hulk was when Natasha approaches him at the start of Avengers.

What I actually came here to say was that I just got back from Age of Ultron for the second time and it's no less awesome. If anything I might have even appreciated it even more as I knew what was happening. Paul Bettany and James Spader both play their parts so well, it's brilliant. I stick with what I said that Wanda is my new favourite going forward and I want to see more from her for sure.

Damn, its sad when Pietro dies :(

I'm actually quite fond of the Incredible Hulk movie and as far as I'm concerned it's just as much a part of the universe as the first Iron Man and Thor films.

It'd be fairly random if the first time we ever saw Hulk was when Natasha approaches him at the start of Avengers.

What I actually came here to say was that I just got back from Age of Ultron for the second time and it's no less awesome. If anything I might have even appreciated it even more as I knew what was happening. Paul Bettany and James Spader both play their parts so well, it's brilliant. I stick with what I said that Wanda is my new favourite going forward and I want to see more from her for sure.

Damn, its sad when Pietro dies :(

Fuck, it's been bothering me all day who played Vision, I knew he looked familiar. I agree he was fantastic. And no I don't know why I didn't just look it up.

• Like 1