***SPOILERS*** Avengers: Age of Ultron

probablyoliver

Apparently this was a fake end credits scene for Age of Ultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyQpYe_pH9w

This would have been SO MUCH BETTER than another scene of Thanos looking angry and give exposition to nobody in particular around him

Is the audio in this awful or is my phone playing up?

This would have been SO MUCH BETTER than another scene of Thanos looking angry and give exposition to nobody in particular around him

Is the audio in this awful or is my phone playing up?
It IS awful. The guys that made it are amazing at special effects, but pretty much awful with every other aspect of filmmaking. In fact, when I acted in one of their shorts, the audio they recorded of me was so bad that they had to go and dub in one of their voices for my one line in the film.

What was wrong with it? It was fucking awesome, and had an air of dread of what is to come. This is the fucking big baddie they've been building up to, getting a shot of him and the gauntlet was a pretty amazing way to end what was already a great movie. A Spidey cameo is boring in comparison, and doesn't do any favors for his introduction (and isn't even close to the shawarma scene).

Because how many times have we seen Thanos during or after the credits looking menacing? We didn't need him to say what he said...we've all known that he was the end game for 3 years and his run won't be done for another 4 years. It's fine for what it was but I would loved the Spidey cameo after everything was done just as a nod that he's finally a part of the MCU and there's more to come with him. The schwarma scene was awesome because it had nothing to do anything, just like that Spidey scene would have had nothing to do with the plot of anything.

We've seen Thanos in one after-credits scene before this. In a movie from 3 years ago.

Most casual moviegoers also don't have a clue what happened between Sony and Marvel, and them seeing Spidey at the end would just confuse them and have them (and tons of the mainstream media) to ask: "Why wasn't Spider-Man in the rest of the movie?!" If that had happened while my girlfriend was watching it would just confuse the fuck out of her, for example, and have her get the Sony Spidey timeline get confused with this one (she still wondered where Kirsten Dunst was in the Garfield ones).

At the same time I don't know how much you should limit yourself because someone doesn't know something that has either been presented in the context or reported in the news, just because. Best case scenario it makes the person look it up or ask questions, worst case scenario.. I don't know really.

Honestly that little clip was enough for me when I thought it was real. Spidey should be introduced in something silly like that

Also both Captain America and Thor have been introduced in after-credit scense that didn't really have anything to do with the movie that preceded them. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do the same with Spidey.

AoU credits scene needed more Howard The Duck. That's The Avenger I want!

Didn't he make a brief cameo in the collection of The Collector in Guardians Of The Galaxy?

Edited by Hellraiser

What was wrong with it? It was fucking awesome, and had an air of dread of what is to come. This is the fucking big baddie they've been building up to, getting a shot of him and the gauntlet was a pretty amazing way to end what was already a great movie. A Spidey cameo is boring in comparison, and doesn't do any favors for his introduction (and isn't even close to the shawarma scene).

Because how many times have we seen Thanos during or after the credits looking menacing? We didn't need him to say what he said...we've all known that he was the end game for 3 years and his run won't be done for another 4 years. It's fine for what it was but I would loved the Spidey cameo after everything was done just as a nod that he's finally a part of the MCU and there's more to come with him. The schwarma scene was awesome because it had nothing to do anything, just like that Spidey scene would have had nothing to do with the plot of anything.

We've seen Thanos in one after-credits scene before this. In a movie from 3 years ago.

Most casual moviegoers also don't have a clue what happened between Sony and Marvel, and them seeing Spidey at the end would just confuse them and have them (and tons of the mainstream media) to ask: "Why wasn't Spider-Man in the rest of the movie?!" If that had happened while my girlfriend was watching it would just confuse the fuck out of her, for example, and have her get the Sony Spidey timeline get confused with this one (she still wondered where Kirsten Dunst was in the Garfield ones).

Thanos was also in the biggest movie of last summer and one of the best movies period of the MCU

Also, I think the days of MCU fans being a niche audience are over. Age of Ultron was the second biggest opening ever and you expect me to believe the people seeing these movies are just casual fans who are seeing The Avengers because of Robert Downey Jr.?

And also the lack of a casted Spiderman still stands.

Thanos' first appearance was by some nobody and the role was eventually given to Josh Brolin. They don't necessarily need to have who Peter Parker is, just a stand-in under the hood.

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

That's exactly what you are meant to believe because that population certainly does still exist. I know more than one person that doesn't like the idea of Avengers moving on without the likes of Downey or Hemsworth.

That's exactly what you are meant to believe because that population certainly does still exist. I know more than one person that doesn't like the idea of Avengers moving on without the likes of Downey or Hemsworth.

I am one of those people. I like the characters but I was not exactly excited when they did the big shot showing the new team

Finally got around to seeing it, and I enjoyed it a lot. Superior to the first one, in my opinion. My biggest problem with the first one was the lack of a presence for the antagonists, and this movie improved on that.Ultron brought more for me than Loki + giant aliens. I really dug QS and SW as a duo so the end was a slight bummer. Excited to see what they have planned next.

I am one of those people. I like the characters but I was not exactly excited when they did the big shot showing the new team

As am I but to suggest that the people seeing these movies (who have the internet at their disposal) have done no research on the characters or kept up with the news is nonsense. This isn't 1994 where if you haven't read the physical comics you're out of luck. All you literally need to do is go to Google and type in "The Avengers" and you get sucked into a wormhole through Wikipedia. I know because that happened to me. I literally have not read a single Marvel comic in my life but I have learned about The Avengers and know where to go for movie news.

Someone with more knowledge than me: What are the chances of Thor and Captain America (Rogers) being in Infinity War? I think both of their contracts are up after their third individual films right? It's going to feel pretty weird doing the grand finale without them if so.