The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

I've completed my first Witcher contract today!

Devil by the Well, awesome little quest about burning the remains of a corpse and killing the ghost! Great stuff!

Also finally hit level 2. Only problem on the Death March! difficulty so far is that my health doesn't regenerate. I did however put my first ability point in Sun and Stars. So now I regenerate health outside of combat hooray!

Go ask the boy you had hanged. :shifty:

Maybe he shouldn't have burnt a building down!!

I managed to play a bit last night, basically wandered off chasing deer, picking up flowers, randomly ending up on a treasure quest...Randomly having to stop a treasure quest cause some wrath would slaughter me if I went near the chapel.

Done a few of the side quests in Whitechapel. The woman with the pan and the Dwarf one and I cleared out an area of ghouls so people can go back into the area. Really loving the game so far but god do I need to save often. I just know at any time I could get killed.

• Like 1

I was severely under leveled for the big city of Novigrad - but I spent ALL of the hours in the game last night there getting into some fights I barely came out of. That's how big and detailed the damn place is.

I turned off my mini-map last night when I was exploring the countryside as it opens up some space on the screen, also quite frankly there is usually an overload of information. It wasn't too bad but I had to turn it back on in the city something awful.

What kind of skills are you guys leveling?

I've put my first point in Sun and Stars for healing outside of battles but after that I'm clueless. Might do the next one in the markmanship one.

And I haven't tried to escape a fight yet! So, I can't answer that!

Try to get some space by dodging or rolling, leg it.

You could try and call your horse too, jump on that and ride away.

In terms of the skill points I am only Level 1, randomly found some pillar that gave me an ability point so put that in the maximum vitality so will go for the Sun and Stars one next because I need that in order to heal without wasting food or supplies. I dunno I think it depends what type of character you want to go for, do you use the signs much? Cause you can always level them up. If not I'd try and get just basic combat ones to start off with.

You escape fights by holding A and running in direction opposite of whatever is attacking you. I got a tutorial note about it the first time I did a contract.

God this game is fucking gorgeous.

wBNjAGT.png

Took the screenshot at 1920x1080 with all the graphics maxed out. For some reason foliage didn't change to ultra, so maybe I had to restart my game for it to work.

With everything at the highest level I run the game at 24FPS standing still, around 20 on the move and sometimes it dips down towards 15 when entering buildings.

I don't play on Ultra though because I prefer running ambient occlusion off and some of the graphics less insane, on most-high (textures ultra + hair effects) it runs closer to 60.

But man, even on lower settings the game is BEAUTIFUL.

Did the wraith in the well mission and I really liked the battle that ensued, it wasn't the hardest because it's still early game (playing on blood&broken bones (4th out of 5)), but the wraith kicked my ass two times before I really learned to rope around and try to counter strike instead of going onto the offense. Also having to trap the wraith inside an Yrden was a nice thing to add as well, really forced me to think smart and lure her towards me timing the spell and then quickly dodge before slashing her a few times.

All in all, higher difficulty is fun and doesn't feel abusive yet. It's really about fighting smart and letting people and monsters come to you rather than rushing senselessly into a battle. And I also later found out in the lost-brother quest that beashtiesh will gang up on you if you let yourself get surrounded. None of that one-at-a-time kinds of mook logic.

• Like 1

Fuuuuuccccckkkkkk.....I want this game <_<

Maybe I;ll get Witcher 2 on the Steam summer sale.

I personally loved Witcher 2 a lot and it was a great and beautiful game all on itself.

Technically you don't need W2 to be able to play W3, there's even the possibility to NOT ''simulate'' Witcher 2's events, which forgoes a few minor events later in the game.

I wish I wasn't busy over the weekend and tonight :( I'm dying to just get a solid session in on this rather than just an hour.

Probably the best sign to boost tbf, should help with dialogue options as well I imagine.

Also quick hint for people in Whitechapel, On a tree it says that some woman will pay money for honeycombs. If you see bee hives around in the woods, use your fire sign then the telekinis to get the hives otherwise the bees will slowly take your health off. Quick little way to get some extra cash early on.

• Like 2

So I did a witcher contract, and the inventory screen says I can turn its head in for a reward. Where do I turn it in at? I want that money since it seems incredibly hard to come by in this game