The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

I've only picked up a couple of cards outside the starter deck and I've managed to win a few games. I kept my deck at 22 cards and threw out anything lower than a 4 (unless you've got two of a bond card). This page got me going in the right direction. http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/22/the-witcher-3-how-to-win-gwent-guide/

Are there any more blacksmiths in Velen? The only one I have on the map doesn't have an option to speak to him. I even went back to White Orchard but the one there is too low a level to craft this Griffin school Witcher gear.

Lots of armourers but no blacksmiths.

Just out of interest, what difficult level is everyone playing it? I started off at "normal" but I've dropped down to "just the story" purely due personal time constrains (only really get a chance to play for an hour or two at midnight).

I started on Death March because I wanted to get everything in one play through, but dropped it down to Broken Bones due to time and the reload time on dying. I kinda wish I didn't though now I've gotten to grips with it. That said, the camera in fights against multiple enemies makes it much more difficult on Death March. It's zoomed in way too close, making it impossible to track all the enemies and I find myself dodge rolling into enemies off screen and the extra damage means luck plays just as big a part as skill..

Single enemies/bosses isn't too bad. I usually die once or twice while I figure out their attack patterns then can get through relatively unscathed.

I just think it's different. It's got a hint of Dark Souls in that if you're not paying attention or go in unprepared you can easily be overwhelmed and beaten. I like that though, the difficult combat and minimal exp for killing enemies almost makes you feel like a Witcher would - in that I only really engage in combat when there's something in it for me or no other choice. Unlike most other games where you're encouraged to fight absolutely everything.

Going from Bloodborne has only made the combat and movement feel worse. I like that you have to plan each encounter but man, I'm not getting this at all yet. I'm going to put more time into it and hope that it clicks though. I'm getting better, especially at timing my dodges and generally being more patient but Drowners are still kicking my tits in.

The amount of content here is super impressive though. I've been playing for about 4/5 hours and just exploring the world has given me a load of new sidequests. The world feels "lived in" in a way that other open worlds don't

Edited by Jordan Stiva

Going from Bloodborne has only made the combat and movement feel worse. I like that you have to plan each encounter but man, I'm not getting this at all yet. I'm going to put more time into it and hope that it clicks though. I'm getting better, especially at timing my dodges and generally being more patient but Drowners are still kicking my tits in.

The amount of content here is super impressive though. I've been playing for about 4/5 hours and just exploring the world has given me a load of new sidequests. The world feels "lived in" in a way that other open worlds don't

Been playing this all day and it's definitely starting to come together now. I have a simple method for combat; spam the shield spell at every opportunity, never let go of L2 and put all my ability points into Light Attack so I can cut through enemies quickly. I tend to just dodge backwards rather than to the side so I can quickly get in. Explored all the question marks around the first area and found some good gear, though it's pretty costly to repair it atm. I need to turn the gold I've found into currency whenever I get to wherever it is I can do that. This is definitely a game you've got to stick with through the bad first impressions but I am enjoying it a lot more now.

Gonna torrent this and see if it runs any better on my PC. My hardware is getting on at this point, but fuck, I'd rather turn everything down to low and get a solid 30, than play on PS4 at sub 30.

• Like 1

I kinda did two of the main quests in the wrong order. You're meant to do the Bloody Baron first then Ladies in the Wood. I was like this ending for the quest is a bit shit then realised why.

Also I've been spending most of my time wandering finding all the points of interest. I've got them all on my map but quite a few I haven't gotten the treasure for because there'd be a monster with a much higher level than mine.

Gonna torrent this and see if it runs any better on my PC. My hardware is getting on at this point, but fuck, I'd rather turn everything down to low and get a solid 30, than play on PS4 at sub 30.

Just a heads up to anyone in a similar situation, I'm running an ass old i5 2310 @2.9 GHz with an AMD 7970 (pretty old shit), and this game runs at between 50-60 fps with everything turned down to medium-high, which is basically the same look as the PS4.

Man, these fucking consoles...

Just a heads up to anyone in a similar situation, I'm running an ass old i5 2310 @2.9 GHz with an AMD 7970 (pretty old shit), and this game runs at between 50-60 fps with everything turned down to medium-high, which is basically the same look as the PS4.

Man, these fucking consoles...

This is the game when I realised these new consoles aren't what they were made out to be, and I turned to PC. Which is a shame.