The Witcher 3

DavidMarrio

This is.... amazing.

I have been playing since I got home and I plan on playing until I can't keep my eyes open anymore. When I saw people reviewing it and stating that it stepped the game up, you had better believe that they're right about that. I can't go back to something like Skyrim after this - it's so gosh damn beautiful, I spend time just staring off into the backgrounds as the characters talk to each other. And I mean actually talk to each other and not whatever happens in Bethesda games. The lighting is amazing, the way that the stories are written - absolutely amazing. I just can't believe I wasn't more hyped for this. They nailed it on the head - even minor quests are handled with gravity in a way that makes them important and something you should be doing.

• Like 1

I find the movement quite a bit janky, and I had to lower the look sensitivity, because god damn. Seems to be very similar to running around in GTA, where it gets squirrely if you're going to fast or turning around to often. But combat is fun for the most part.

So the combat is action RPG...what about the non-combat? How do things work with skills/quests/in town and the like?

Reminds me a lot of Dragon Age in that aspect, especially the most recent one. You can wander around, take quests and level up your skills while coming across random encounters in the wilderness - moving between areas as you unlock them.

I really enjoy the combat system on higher difficulties. Brute-forcing isn't a sustainable tactic and they will block you to death.

Having to dodge/parry or Riposte even simple soldiers make every battle interesting, even when you're better you can explore combat to find new ways to make people look foolish/dead.

Not being able to hack through hordes of men like they're made of paper mache is fun, keeps the combat grounded and somewhat real-ish.

Also perfectly timing a parry to break their stance, and then lopping of their heads make you feel like a real badass.

• Like 1

I just wanna get home from work and actually have a proper go at it. I played 5 minutes on Monday and didn't have a chance to get on it yesterday.

I find the movement quite a bit janky, and I had to lower the look sensitivity, because god damn. Seems to be very similar to running around in GTA, where it gets squirrely if you're going to fast or turning around to often. But combat is fun for the most part.

I had to get used to that, yeah.

I eventually settled on using the Witcher Sense if I needed to comb an area for stuff. It's been working out well.

I really enjoy the combat system on higher difficulties. Brute-forcing isn't a sustainable tactic and they will block you to death.

Having to dodge/parry or Riposte even simple soldiers make every battle interesting, even when you're better you can explore combat to find new ways to make people look foolish/dead.

Not being able to hack through hordes of men like they're made of paper mache is fun, keeps the combat grounded and somewhat real-ish.

Also perfectly timing a parry to break their stance, and then lopping of their heads make you feel like a real badass.

But if I want to hack through hordes of men like they're made of paper mache I can right?

But if I want to hack through hordes of men like they're made of paper mache I can right?

Drop the difficulty to the lowest and you'll be unstoppable and can just hack like you're facing a team of Shaq's and Dwight's.

• Like 1

I think tweaking with the sensitivity sounds like a good idea. I made that comment to my friends that I seem to run past something when I want to pick it up.

Pause the game, hit save.

It also auto-saves at checkpoints, but you don't see those when you go to save - only when you try and load a game.

From the options menu in there I would also suggest yeah, putting the right stick sensitivity down. I have it at 0.7 but I'm thinking even 0.5 will be tons better.